TStan wants your feedback: Branded Items at Retail

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I actually made a comment as to stop using the term YELLOW jackets and just use the term Jackets. As it causes issues with branding. We aren't yellow, we shouldn't be yellow. Gold and white. I suppose forced navy is there. But I think referring to us as the Jackets, go Jackets, and Swarming Jackets is better than using Yellow Jackets.

I know I'll catch heat for this. But it's odd using an animal named by its color and not using those colors as your school colors. We either need to be yellow and black or stop using yellow in the names.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually made a comment as to stop using the term YELLOW jackets and just use the term Jackets. As it causes issues with branding. We aren't yellow, we shouldn't be yellow. Gold and white. I suppose forced navy is there. But I think referring to us as the Jackets, go Jackets, and Swarming Jackets is better than using Yellow Jackets.

I know I'll catch heat for this. But it's odd using an animal named by its color and not using those colors as your school colors. We either need to be yellow and black or stop using yellow in the names.

Lol yeah that’s not happening

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone, and it may piss off some, but for the questions in which comments were allowed, I consistently voiced my objection to the emphasis on Navy.

I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone, and it may piss off some, but for the questions asking about color, I consistently voiced my opinion that navy was a great looking color for Tech gear, along with Tech Gold. I own some primary white gear, but 3x more primary navy gear because it simply looks better.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Real yellow jackets might have a goldish tint, rather than pure yellow, but they definitely have no navy on them. They are black and yellow/gold, and that's why IMO Navy should NEVER have been made our secondary color.

I definitely think the new gold looks great and with fans would embrace it on game day. Second would be white. I don't like seeing navy, gray, or black on game day.

I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone, and it may piss off some, but for the questions asking about color, I consistently voiced my opinion that navy was a great looking color for Tech gear, along with Tech Gold. I own some primary white gear, but 3x more primary navy gear because it simply looks better.
Looks better according to what standard? Yours? It doesn't matter how you think it looks; our colors are white and gold.

I don't think we ever had branding before now. I. Talking factory level branding. All these efforts are to become a football factory. Everything streamlined.
But all the factories have not moved away from the colors and logos and mascots by which they were identified before "branding" came into being. Only Tech has out of the blue begun emphasizing a color which for years was at best secondary, and tried to make it a primary color in "branding". Other than styles which befit the day, Bama looks like they have always looked. Georgia looks like they have always looked, other than that they no longer use silver britches. Texas looks like they have always looked. UNC looks like they have always looked. FSU looks like they have always looked. Clemson looks like they have always looked. Etc, etc. Why should Tech all of a sudden want to change the way we have always looked?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Recruits coming to a game and seeing Bobby Dodd look like a gold version of this would be a good start into branding us as a storied program. I always wear tech gold at games.

Running_Through_the_T_34a4d3ca-cbbc-446d-a0f1-9661c8ad5580.jpg

Here's our average game now. Looks terrible.

Interior-View-of-Bobby-Dodd-Stadium.jpg

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Recruits coming to a game and seeing Bobby Dodd look like a gold version of this would be a good start into branding us as a storied program. I always wear tech gold at games.

Running_Through_the_T_34a4d3ca-cbbc-446d-a0f1-9661c8ad5580.jpg
Agreed. Gameday is for gold (or whiteout). I wear plenty of navy blue Tech gear, but never on gameday.

Agreed. Gameday is for gold (or whiteout). I wear plenty of navy blue Tech gear, but never on gameday.
I never wear blue Tech gear, but I can live with what you just said. I ALWAYS wear gold/yellow or white to games. The only exception is rain gear. Unfortunately the only rain gear I have is blue. But if Tech would sell Gold (or yellow) waterproof rain suits, I would buy one on the spot.