TStan wants your feedback: Branded Items at Retail

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone, and it may piss off some, but for the questions in which comments were allowed, I consistently voiced my objection to the emphasis on Navy.

I made sure it was known that this was was my "least favorite" trim color of all of the options. Heck, I like gray and black both better than navy blue.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Recruits coming to a game and seeing Bobby Dodd look like a gold version of this would be a good start into branding us as a storied program. I always wear tech gold at games.

Running_Through_the_T_34a4d3ca-cbbc-446d-a0f1-9661c8ad5580.jpg

Here's our average game now. Looks terrible.

Interior-View-of-Bobby-Dodd-Stadium.jpg

If it were not for the empty gold seats (SAD), there would be very little in consistent gold to be found....

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Since my HS colors were purple and gold, I can't really dislike purple when used by anyone. What's important to remember though is that the use of purple is rare among colleges. And purple and orange is definitely unique. I think LSU is the only other school of note that has purple as an official color. Tech is virtually unique in being the White and Gold, so why screw things up with other colors, especially blue which is almost as non-unique among colleges as is red.

My high school, Pepperell High in NW GA, also had old gold and white as their primary colors, so it has always been my team's colors.

I like both.

I have grey GT sweatpants and navy GT basketball shorts.

I also have gold GT basketball shorts and that weird white short sleeve basketball hoodie.

All of it is Adidas.
I also do not buy because of the manufacturer. I will buy anything that looks good, and frankly, at least some of the Adidas stuff does not look good.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
All I am saying is that for a college sports fan, ANY college sports fan, to wear gear that "looks better" to them, rather than the colors for which the school is known, is nothing more than vanity.

Lol. Ok. Sure. To be fair, aside from Tech gear, I only wear clothes like the High Sparrow at work and socially, because I do not want to be considered vein. It should be considered a sin to want to rep one's team and also wear attractive gear. Wearing official colors of your school that are not 100% "primary" colors should not be tolerated. Shame! Shame! Shame!

upload_2019-7-16_15-30-11.jpeg

Lol. Ok. Sure. To be fair, aside from Tech gear, I only wear clothes like the High Sparrow at work and socially, because I do not want to be considered vein. It should be considered a sin to want to rep one's team and also wear attractive gear. Wearing official colors of your school that are not 100% "primary" colors should not be tolerated. Shame! Shame! Shame!

View attachment 6129
Do you think the gear worn by Clemson and Tenn and Texas fans, or even that worn by Bama or mutt fans is "attractive"? I can assure you that, other than possibly the mutt fans who have no taste at all, those other fans don't worry about whether it is attractive or not, and generally speaking it is NOT attractive. But they wear it anyway, and they wear it PROUDLY. Why can't Tech fans do the same?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I also put in my survey that I wanted GT apparel that isn't shaped like a cardboard box. I'm not particularly well-built but a well-fitting GT tshirt would be much appreciated. They should just custom order some Tech Gold shirts from Next Level and stamp an interlocking white logo on it. I'd pay $20 and wear it even on non-gamedays.

Animal02

Banned
Oh I made it known in the comment area that I attend 15+ GT games a year. Average roughly $500+ in bought apparel a year. I'm a season ticket holder. Donate over an additional $500 a year to the GT program. I stated "I'm a Hell of an Engineer, I'm rowdy and dang proud to be a GT fan!
$500 in apparel? So you bought one sweat shirt and one polo. :D:D:D

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Do you think the gear worn by Clemson and Tenn and Texas fans, or even that worn by Bama or mutt fans is "attractive"? I can assure you that, other than possibly the mutt fans who have no taste at all, those other fans don't worry about whether it is attractive or not, and generally speaking it is NOT attractive. But they wear it anyway, and they wear it PROUDLY. Why can't Tech fans do the same?

Tech fans can where white and gold proudly, and I do. That said, I can also wear navy blue Tech gear proudly too. They are not mutually exclusive.