Transfers

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Deandre Burnett is also transferring out of Miami.

Also, JP Tokoto has declared for the NBA draft (pretty strange decision there). The Tokoto decision does open a spot for one of Jaylen Brown or Brandon Ingram.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ike's a good player for Mercer. I've seen him play a good bit. He's similar to Ish with a little better range and better looking shot. Met him after Mercer madness (he jumped a man dunking)... Very nice kid... Looks like a linebacker

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Ike's a good player for Mercer. I've seen him play a good bit. He's similar to Ish with a little better range and better looking shot. Met him after Mercer madness (he jumped a man dunking)... Very nice kid... Looks like a linebacker
Yea I also think of Ish. I was at the game last year vs Kennesaw St where he made Sportscenter top 10 with a windmill dunk. Guy has springs in his shoes. He's built like a PJ Davis.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Not just one of my favorite transfers but one of my all time favorite players at Tech. When I construct and "All Time Tech starting lineup" he is always one of my starters.

He died rather tragically several years ago.

ah,Sammy Drummer---almost a dream now--for those who don't know him--he was one of those guys who OTHER schools always had. 6-5 with springs and a scoring ability- somehow he "transferred" from DeKalb Jr and teamed with Tico Brown (another 6-5 transfer super athlete) to give us instant offense and credibility . He left after 1or 2? seasons "somehow" staying eligible.Yrs later, a story ran of he being a custodian at the a school.Not one of our shining academic moments.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ricky Tarrant is transferring from AL. He started at Tulane for 2 yrs before transferring home. He killed us 3 yrs ago with a 24 pt, 6 3-pter performance. Very capable scorer (13 ppg at AL this season before having a season ending injury).
If he is able to graduate, i'd definately be interested.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Ricky Tarrant is transferring from AL. He started at Tulane for 2 yrs before transferring home. He killed us 3 yrs ago with a 24 pt, 6 3-pter performance. Very capable scorer (13 ppg at AL this season before having a season ending injury).
If he is able to graduate, i'd definately be interested.
Unfortunately I watched multiple Alabama games this year because my roommate is a bama fan, and I would like to have him as well. He's got a good stroke and can score.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tarrant was in his 4th college year at AL and was Academic All-SEC in his redshirt year last year, so have to think he is planning on being a grad transfer. GT did recruit him when he left Tulane but it was largely a forgone conclusion he was going to Bama. He was there the last season Jacobs was there - wonder if that might help.

Orlando Coleman has a tweet that hinted Kenn St but that doesn't make alot of sense - going from SEC to ASun - unless you are looking to be the man. Have to see what happens the next couple of days here.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I went to a Bama game this year as a part of their showcase camp, and he was a baller. The Swiss on their team is exactly like Thabo Sefolosha on the hawks.....I found that funny

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Can't really say that I am surprised not making his list. Hoping to hear more about Tarrant and this Sterling Smith kid.

We need someone that can knock down the 3 ball, and either of these kids would fit that bill.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I really wanted the Tarrant kid before he went to Bama. I imagine, at this point in his career, he's in 'get yours' mode though. Beggers can't be choosers I guess. We just need talent.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If there is a guard out there that considers themselves to be a scorer, I'm not sure how they can't look at our roster as an opportunity to make an impact.

Especially someone that can hit the 3 ball. Making open looks, especially from deep, is the first step in making any offense run smoothly.