Transfers

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Louisville Scout site is reporting that Smith will visit L'ville next Wednesday. Visit to GT is reportedly still on.

They have Damion Lee coming in Monday after he visits AZ on Sunday. Looks like they will try to get an answer from Lee before going all in on Smith.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hoping that the Lee to UL domino falls on Monday, OR Smith is blown away on his visit and commits!!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ennis has one year of eligibility remaining and can play right away next season. He will be a valuable addition – and a potential starting guard – for the program he chooses to attend.

6'2" 190 lbs.
14-'15 season at Nova: 9.9 ppg, over 3 1/2 Rebs. and Assists per game.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Duke will be pretty appealing for him. Should be plenty of playing time, for the reigning national for the champion.

That seems pretty hard to say no too. Who else is in Duke's plan?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Duke is trying to convince one of Derryk Thornton Jr (L'ville also involved with him) or Jamal Murray to reclassify to 2015 (from 2016) and come to Durham to play PG.
Otherwise I would say Duke should be pretty appealing.

Ennis has made it clear he wants to play PG.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Revisiting Mercer's Ike Nwamu. He was mentioned in a few posts in this thread a while back. He's down the road (at Mercer), ready to be a grad, built like an NBA player, is a big time scorer (15.2) and a pretty decent 3 pt. shooter. Realistically it seems that with all of the good player names that come up, the biggest and best of the college teams are all over them due to their own player losses. And with the new rule there's a limited amount of transfers available. Just don't want to see us miss out on someone who can help change the course of things a bit.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In addition to Devin Mitchell transferring in to Georgia State, another kid we recruited transferred from Vandy to our rival school.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Mitchell has had a circuitous route already. Committed to Wake under Bzdelik. Got hurt his SR yr in HS. Went to Vandy when Bzdelik was fired. Now at Clemson. I'm hoping that will take Clemson out of the running for Tarrant.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So to recap so far, of the 4 possible grad transfers listed by Ken Sugiura's article:

- We're no longer recruiting Sterling Smith
- Ricky Tarrant is off the board to Memphis
- Tyler Harris is visiting this coming weekend, but has a list of like 11 schools
- Dylan Ennis has us on his list of 8 schools, but is going to cut ot 3-4 with dook heavily involved & desperate for a PG

Doesn't paint a pretty picture.

I'm also not convinced Bolden is a lock to leave, given recent tweets about being motivated to graduate with only 10 classes left. He could potentially become a grad transfer in the late summer, but that's a HEAVY summer courseload, assuming all the classes are even available.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Guard Mychal Mulder is at the top of my list. We have offered him, but he will visit Kentucky so see how that goes. He's also a juco so we would have him for two years. I had mentioned Ike Nwamu (strong academics) from Mercer, but I don't believe we have shown interest (don't know why) and he is visiting UNLV this weekend. A few other potential grad student names have been thrown around, but don't know if there is any mutual interest. Would love to have PF Harris, but we need a scoring guard badly.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
Man, I continually look on here like Santa Claus is going to drop a present of good news about Jaylen, Ellison or a transfer. I am getting the sinking feeling that a lump of coal is nigh. Trying to stay optimistic....
Thanks to everyone that are providing the updates. It is great to get all the info in one place. I, for one, am greatly appreciative!