Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Lack of fans in the seats might cost us another player or two. The players have noticed that we aren't showing up and it's starting to get to them.

My source for this is the father of a player who graduated three years ago and remains close with several members currently on the team. I went to HS with the father. The former players words were, to paraphrase, 'the uga game opened the eyes to a lot of our student athletes about how little the fans actually care about them.' You heard similar, but in a much less accusatory tone, from the post game presser from Tre Swilling.
I was at the game. I personally find it disgusting that GT fans sold their seats to mutt fans. However, I don't think it is going to stop there. From things I have read here and from things I have heard long time season ticket holders say in person, I am afraid that season ticket sales next year are going to be very low. I plan to have my seat and I plan to attend games, but I don't know what CGC is going to be able to do to win back those fans even if he starts trending up next year. Hopefully I am wrong, but I see dark days ahead. Fan apathy causing players to lose interest causing more fan apathy and so on.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Just an aside: I haven't gone to any Tech games this year. Reason: the virus. I'm 75 and I don't like the prospect of sitting among a bunch of people yelling their lungs out when I don't know how many are fully vaccinated.
My wife works in the COVID ICU, so I fully respect that decision. Wore N-95 masks at some of the games myself (due to vulnerable members of the family), which is absolutely brutal in summer heat.

Hope you'll be able to return to in person viewing next year.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Gibbs leaving is definitely the worst gut punch to end the season with. Looking back on the season its hard to believe that the UNC statement win was part of this same season. One can only imagine had a couple play calls gone differently, a couple penalties gone the other way, a couple coverages not been completely blown we could be a 6-7 win team with Gibbs sticking around, on the way to a bowl game with some hope for next year. But clearly none of that happened and the team "let go of the rope" to use a Collins-ism. Coach ****ed this up good

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Lack of fans in the seats might cost us another player or two. The players have noticed that we aren't showing up and it's starting to get to them.

My source for this is the father of a player who graduated three years ago and remains close with several members currently on the team. I went to HS with the father. The former players words were, to paraphrase, 'the uga game opened the eyes to a lot of our student athletes about how little the fans actually care about them.' You heard similar, but in a much less accusatory tone, from the post game presser from Tre Swilling.
Sorry but its not the fans, its the clown coach

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Tell that to the players. They are the ones disappointed in our lack of support.

Ok, players, we love you and want you all to do well, get a great education and make the NFL. As for your coach and our AD however, their actions are going to lead to lower season ticket sales, less revenue from donations and the continued dismantling of our once esteemed program.

There, I said it! ;)

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I would be willing to wager that a lot of schools will have several players enter the portal as well just like last year. I think it's great for the players but they need to know it is NOT a guarantee for future success. A lot of them don't get other offers or have to drop down a level or two to get on the field. maybe this kid truly is a great player but doesn't fit the system. That happens too,
Just saw a note from AJC that Gibbs is entering the transfer portalā€¦apparently confirmed by his HS Coachā€¦can someone one confirm/refute?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Ok, players, we love you and want you all to do well, get a great education and make the NFL. As for your coach and our AD however, their actions are going to lead to lower season ticket sales, less revenue from donations and the continued dismantling of our once esteemed program.

There, I said it! ;)

Actions speak louder than words. You know who else can say all the ā€œright thingsā€ and yet prove otherwise? Our current head coach.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Actions speak louder than words. You know who else can say all the ā€œright thingsā€ and yet prove otherwise? Our current head coach.

If you are in any way saying I'm like Collins, I am deeply offended. Of course, yours was not an elite attack, but more so one on the margins and that is where you really need to improve. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that if you can't see the progress you've made since I started typing this response, then clearly you aren't looking...... ;)

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck

There, I said it! ;)
the problem is that with NIL, Gibbs is literally leaving money on the table not transferring. If he transfers to big ten school with a large fan base, he is going to get paid.