Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Thanks! I've been watching Tech for 50 years, am a second generation graduate and have had football and basketball season tickets for over 30 years. I didn't put us in this position. Stansbury did. I was there on Saturday, in my seats from pre game to post game. One of the last ones to leave the stadium. If I'm the one the athletes are disappointed in, then there are much larger issues. I'm keeping my tickets next year because I've been going to game for nearly 50 years and enjoy taking my kids. I have not once said I won't buy tickets. I will.

I also have season tickets at Clemson since my wife went there. Let me tell you, wining and competing for championships solves a lot of problems. They were in a similar place to us when they fired Tommy Bowden. The fans hated him and they lucked out on a passionate coach who was clever enough to hire really good assistants. Todd swung and missed.

So if I'm the one the players are disappointed in, then they need to look in the mirror. Again, I WAS THERE ON SATURDAY. Was there in '78 in Athens when they hurt Eddie Lee. Was there from '80-'82 watching Senator Walker run up and down the field on us and was there in '94 when Luginbill and Lewis ripped apart our program. Was in Orlando in '90 and San Antonio in '04. So if I'm the problem, we've got much bigger problems. Perhaps you should not be calling out people who are frustrated with the car crash of the last three seasons.
Dont take it so personal. Thank you for attending & donating but, the fan base as a whole IS at fault for selling their own tickets. Talked to a Tech fan Sunday who has sold his tix every time we play the mutts at home for 18 years because he can recoup most of the expense of getting season tickets. I almost threw up. An empty seat says your mad at the coach. Red in your seat means you dont give a rats butt about the program.

An example is USCe. Williams Brice has always been full, even before Holtz and Spurrier got there. Tony Bernhart said "There is a special place in Heaven for USCe Fans because they show up no matter what." If we all send in checks with "Fire CGC" in the memo line, then ADTS would be more likely to have the funds to hire a top notch HC & OC & DC. But noooooooooo. we try to prove a dumb point by not giving money when we all know money is the answer to greener pastures.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Defending the travesty that was GT attendance on Saturday does you no credit then. There is no excuse for what we saw, and the athletes paid the price, not the coach.

Perhaps in the short term, but in the long term, the coach will pay the price. At some point, the chickens will come home to roost. Just not sure if Todd will be part of the roosting or not, but based on the email I received from him earlier, I've got a piece of ocean front property just off of Bobby Dodd Way I think I could talk him into buying......

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Dont take it so personal. Thank you for attending & donating but, the fan base as a whole IS at fault for selling their own tickets. Talked to a Tech fan Sunday who has sold his tix every time we play the mutts at home for 18 years because he can recoup most of the expense of getting season tickets. I almost threw up. An empty seat says your mad at the coach. Red in your seat means you dont give a rats butt about the program.

An example is USCe. Williams Brice has always been full, even before Holtz and Spurrier got there. Tony Bernhart said "There is a special place in Heaven for USCe Fans because they show up no matter what." If we all send in checks with "Fire CGC" in the memo line, then ADTS would be more likely to have the funds to hire a top notch HC & OC & DC. But noooooooooo. we try to prove a dumb point by not giving money when we all know money is the answer to greener pastures.

I'd agree that I'd rather see an empty seat than one with red in it. Absolutely. The issue is that the current coach is so far out of whack with reality in how to run and coach a football team and how to address the fans who pay his salary, that a lot of people said screw it, I can't support the program if he's running it. Again, I didn't do that, but I certainly understand it. I am getting through all of this by joking about our head coach. If I couldn't joke about it, I'd almost break down and cry.

At least I'll always have the memory of Orlando and winning a national title. No one can take that away from me. We won when I was at Tech and won a title when my dad was at Tech in 1952. My son should be there (hopefully) in around 2036, so I'm think 2038 or 2039 we're going to roll on to title No. 5!!!! :):buzz::gt:

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Tony Bernhart said "There is a special place in Heaven for USCe Fans because they show up no matter what."
I went there. Believe me, there's nothing else to do in Columbia on Saturday. (Well … if you don't like the occasional fist fight, that is.) It's kind of like Tech was before pro sports hit Atlanta.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
We aren’t losing Gibbs because of the coach and likely not the record. Someone else can pay him a lot more than we will. That’s the future of college football. Have money or take a backseat.
He’s leaving because the losing got to him. He’s said multiple times he hates losing and would take every accolade he’s gotten if we could win more.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
We aren’t losing Gibbs because of the coach and likely not the record. Someone else can pay him a lot more than we will. That’s the future of college football. Have money or take a backseat.
I don’t believe that. Gibbs has reportedly turned down NIL deals because he did not want to set himself apart from the other players. I think it’s way more about winning and atmosphere. But, I have no first hand knowledge. Assuming it’s money, however, is demeaning the young man unless you have proof.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I don’t believe that. Gibbs has reportedly turned down NIL deals because he did not want to set himself apart from the other players. I think it’s way more about winning and atmosphere. But, I have no first hand knowledge. Assuming it’s money, however, is demeaning the young man unless you have proof.

There is nothing demeaning about wanting money or assuming that a huge change in NIL that just happened might have played a part in his decision.

Ultimately we don't have any real idea why he made the choice. We can speculate all day. NIL could very well be a huge part. Wanting to compete for championship could very well be a huge part. Maybe he is disillusioned with the staff. Maybe he wants to go to a place where he can get 25+ and not split them. Or maybe he wants to go to a place that won't ask him to do kick off returns so he can save wear and tear on his legs. Maybe he wants to play in front of a ton of cheering fans, or maybe it has nothing to do with any of that.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't shoot the messenger, but since half the fam are buttsniffer alum (thought I tolerate, I mean love them dearly) word is, is that Gibbs has been in contact with the Dwags......Personally I don't see him ever ending up there since they passed on him and he made it known he wasn't happy about it and felt snubbed, but there has been contact.........That would absolutely suck, were he to go there.......

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
nm
Don't shoot the messenger, but since half the fam are buttsniffer alum (thought I tolerate, I mean love them dearly) word is, is that Gibbs has been in contact with the Dwags......Personally I don't see him ever ending up there since they passed on him and he made it known he wasn't happy about it and felt snubbed, but there has been contact.........That would absolutely suck, were he to go there.......
if he goes there he’s dead to me

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
The reality of this situation is now setting in for me. Holy **** how did we blow this? Collins has to be the biggest snake oil salesman ever. I would be worried as a talented player watching what happened to Gibbs, therefore totally eliminating tech from consideration. This is really bad.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
The reality of this situation is now setting in for me. Holy **** how did we blow this? Collins has to be the biggest snake oil salesman ever. I would be worried as a talented player watching what happened to Gibbs, therefore totally eliminating tech from consideration. This is really bad.

I don’t think it’s done. This was just big fish one to drop.