Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Lack of fans in the seats might cost us another player or two. The players have noticed that we aren't showing up and it's starting to get to them.

My source for this is the father of a player who graduated three years ago and remains close with several members currently on the team. I went to HS with the father. The former players words were, to paraphrase, 'the uga game opened the eyes to a lot of our student athletes about how little the fans actually care about them.' You heard similar, but in a much less accusatory tone, from the post game presser from Tre Swilling.

The fans care about the players and the program. They don't care about the used car salesman driving the bus into the river with the pedal to the metal...... :(

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Can you elaborate or is this information from a pay site? I imagine losing your top 5 or 10 current players is one. Losing 22' recruits is another. Losing Choice might be another.
Not a pay site, just what I’ve heard from friends in the program. Factors that could push the hand of donors and school president to clear house and some of these factors are already happening: Losing locker room(already happened), multiple key players entering portal (already Gibbs), significant drop of season tickets (very very likely to happen), decrease of donations to the athletic association (which are already happening) and some others but those are the key ones that are currently happening.
Edit: Also just total lack of fan support and everyone being mad at Collins which has been the case.

slugboy

Staff member
Lack of fans in the seats might cost us another player or two. The players have noticed that we aren't showing up and it's starting to get to them.

My source for this is the father of a player who graduated three years ago and remains close with several members currently on the team. I went to HS with the father. The former players words were, to paraphrase, 'the uga game opened the eyes to a lot of our student athletes about how little the fans actually care about them.' You heard similar, but in a much less accusatory tone, from the post game presser from Tre Swilling.
I roomed with a player for a semester (quarter? it's been a while) during the end of the Lewis days. At least verbally, he knew who the fans and students were boycotting, but he wanted the fans in the stands anyway.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
well 3 wins next year may be too many

Wait, have you forgotten who is driving the ship???? Only 3 wins???? Ridiculous!!!

images

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Really hoping CGC can see his way through this. The last thing we need is a drain of talent. As long as he’s our coach, I’m rooting for him to right the ship.
I hope everyone has this mentality. I don’t want him as our captain. But if he’s gonna be in charge I want him to be successful. At least until someone else can take over the helm.

It is not worth sinking the ship to kill the captain.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Collins wants to keep Thacker and possibly even as DC. The donors are forcing him to make moves and keeping Thacker currently is upsetting everyone.Collins is fighting for Thacker very hard

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
You have to consider firing Collins right now. I don't see why not especially if TStan allegedly has the ability to do so.
Collins got Gibbs here, so that's a plus. We may never have gotten him to begin with. Way I look at it is, next man up. We may not have another Gibbs but we have a good class set behind him

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Sims could be next

Honestly, I love him when he plays like he did against UNC. When he's missing wide open receivers 5 yards down field or is hurt for half the snaps this year, I'm not sure if he is the answer or not. Wish he had a good QB coach to coach him up.