Top 50 GA GT signees

When was the last time a GT S/A graduated in " communication" ," honors in the arts" " African studies"" art practice" " art history", " creative writing" . " comparative studies in race and ethnicity","dance"," human rights". Its goes on and on and on and on... Just goggle it. This is so freeking old. The 3 schools are NOTHING alike.

Based on reading the Bios of Stanford players, I haven't seen them major in those things

Please list the STANFORD players that majored in things from your list above

Your son has 10-12 teammates majoring in LMC at GT

Wake up it's 2018, this ain't Dodd's GT

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
This has never been proven, yet it is oft repeated by GT fans on various msg boards

They simply worked harder and scoured the Country and did the things that GT under TPR refused to do, or wasn't able to do, due to his unappealing offense

Harbaugh left a legacy of no excuses, work your *** off and let the chips fall where they may, and Stanford has been living up to that ever since
Good grief. You are making all of this up and stating it as fact. Unreal.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Brandon Simmons, communications. Alameem Murphy, media studies. Alijah Holder, media studies. Bobby Okereke, media studies. Dylan Powell, communications. Nate Herbig, communications. Brandon Fanaika, media studies. Devery Hamilton, communications. Bo Peek, communications. This doesn't even touch on the number of "undeclared" majors. You appear to have difficulty with reading comprehension but that nothing new for trolls.

SAa at Stanford are above average academically as they are a Tech, no one is arguing that aspect. The one huge difference that Stanford acolytes will never acknowledge is the sheer number of majors available at Stanford compared with Tech.

Brandon Simmons, communications. Alameem Murphy, media studies. Alijah Holder, media studies. Bobby Okereke, media studies. Dylan Powell, communications. Nate Herbig, communications. Brandon Fanaika, media studies. Devery Hamilton, communications. Bo Peek, communications. This doesn't even touch on the number of "undeclared" majors. You appear to have difficulty with reading comprehension but that nothing new for trolls.

SAa at Stanford are above average academically as they are a Tech, no one is arguing that aspect. The one huge difference that Stanford acolytes will never acknowledge is the sheer number of majors available at Stanford compared with Tech.

We have 10-12 of our players majoring in LMC

L iterature
M edia &
C ommunication

LibertyTurns

Banned
@ibeattetris The Walt Harris years were a dividing line leading into Harbaugh’s tenure. Many of the changes started before Harbaugh got there, but I hope the overarching process is followed. If GT leadership & fans learn nothing else from Stanford, look at how the university strategically attacked the issues with the football program. It wasn’t just hiring Harbaugh, it was embarking on an overhaul of the entire program, from academics to operations to facilities to the team itself. There were changes in virtually every aspect in how they did business. It paid off and there was a step change in on field performance.

I pray this is what’s going on at GT. For some reason I didn’t develop the attachment for Stanford football as a grad student that I did as an undergrad at GT. It’s just not the same.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
@ibeattetris The Walt Harris years were a dividing line leading into Harbaugh’s tenure. Many of the changes started before Harbaugh got there, but I hope the overarching process is followed. If GT leadership & fans learn nothing else from Stanford, look at how the university strategically attacked the issues with the football program. It wasn’t just hiring Harbaugh, it was embarking on an overhaul of the entire program, from academics to operations to facilities to the team itself. There were changes in virtually every aspect in how they did business. It paid off and there was a step change in on field performance.

I pray this is what’s going on at GT. For some reason I didn’t develop the attachment for Stanford football as a grad student that I did as an undergrad at GT. It’s just not the same.
This is all I've been trying to say. Just trying to turn the discussion towards how we CAN, instead of going over the same old ground of all the disadvantages. But then you get accused of being a Stanford fan while all the self- anointed 'real Tech fans' are actually the ones busy running their own program down with this non-stop talk about how we'll never be this or that and how life isn't fair in P5 football.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on reading the Bios of Stanford players, I haven't seen them major in those things

Please list the STANFORD players that majored in things from your list above

Your son has 10-12 teammates majoring in LMC at GT

Wake up it's 2018, this ain't Dodd's GT
The point is other schools like Stanford and ND have a ton of Majors without the " stem core" requirements GT has. If your not good in science and math, GT is a very hard place. GT should get the local guys who are really wanting a Eng or Business degree. Not let those guys head North or out West.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

To be fair the most popular major on the football team are:
Business Administration
literature, media and communication

These major and transferable/equivalent to Stanford’s.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
To be fair the most popular major on the football team are:
Business Administration
literature, media and communication

These major and transferable/equivalent to Stanford’s.

I'm not and have not disagreed with that. If you look at the point I made and have made for years is simply this. 100 plus majors vs less than 40 majors. Both groups of SAs are ahead of their peers academically, the difference being is there is not one major at Tech that is not stem based including the two you noted.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I'm not and have not disagreed with that. If you look at the point I made and have made for years is simply this. 100 plus majors vs less than 40 majors. Both groups of SAs are ahead of their peers academically, the difference being is there is not one major at Tech that is not stem based including the two you noted.

That doesn’t mean the course load is any more or less difficult.