Top 50 GA GT signees

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hey, he did it in 2007, at least helped lol. I think we had 6 that’s year. Idk if that’s even possible though, you would know better than me.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Mack is a recruiter but not known for game coaching. He is successful when he has good assistants and seems to have done a pretty good job so far. They will be tougher than last couple of years.
Looking at it objectively, I'm suspicious of his ability to succeed. He left coaching in 2013 and has been in the broadcast booth. I can't think of a success where there has been that big of a layoff other than Bill Snyder. Other than poaching the 4 star QB from Miami late, I don't see that he did any better than CGC in recruiting. He wound up filling out his class with a number of low 2 stars.

Animal02

Banned
So, Stanford can let SAs in that meet the lowest of the low NCAA minimums, and has a gazillion rabid sidewalk redneck fans pushing local kids to their school? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
You miss my point.......I can make just as many "broad comparisons" of GT to UGA as can be made about GT and Standford......different areas......but they are still "Broad comparisons"
The fact is you want to exclude the "nitpick" in order to fit your narrative.
The fact remains that Tech and Standford not very similar at all except for their national academic rankings.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just like he did at Texas . . . right before he was politely invited to retire.
Actually , the top recruiter bloom was off the rose by then.
As I said in another post - he flew in on helicopter to sign a lb on a hs team where my son coached. Good tough kid but not a difference maker that head coach at Texas normally recruits.
At unc Mack could be an old Dabo

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Some really good points being made in this thread. I always the solution was just to cast a nation-wide net. I didn’t think about GA athletes that aren’t scooped up by UGA. I guess UGA is leaving a lot of great GA kids on the table while they chase after 5 stars across the country.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I doubt that just getting Andrew Luck was the whole magilla with Stanford. Does anyone have a precis of the changes made there and what the coaches were able to get out of the school for their players?

I continue to think that we will see positive change in our recruiting fortunes, particularly if we can put the extra resources needed into the effort. But offering 66% of Georgia's top 100 is not - repeat not - indicative of our actual recruiting pool this state. Others have covered this at length in other threads, so I won't reiterate the points involved. Everyone here knows what they are and ignoring them is setting us up for disappointment. We can do better _ maybe much better - but it won't be a matter of secret sauce or anything like that. It'll be a matter of putting up the money to do it.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
10- 4- Anthony Williams BJ Bostic Ryan Ayers Denzel McCoy
09- 6- Izaan Cross, JC Lanier, Rod Sweeting, Antonio Foster, Jemea Thomas, Emmanuel Dieke
I don't think CPJ and his staff get enough credit for the recruiting they got done in the 2009-2011 time frame. They had some true ballers and it led to an Orange Bowl. As can be seen in another thread, 2012 was when the football budget arms race started and GT did not keep up by investing in staff. TStan is going to get the job done and CGC is prime and ready to take advantage of every positive we have.

You miss my point.......I can make just as many "broad comparisons" of GT to UGA as can be made about GT and Standford......different areas......but they are still "Broad comparisons"
The fact is you want to exclude the "nitpick" in order to fit your narrative.
The fact remains that Tech and Standford not very similar at all except for their national academic rankings.

IMO you are very wrong

Simply look at what both FB rosters are majoring in and you'll see that FB-wise GT is very similar to Stanford academically

The only difference is they understand that you don't need to run the 3O to be competitive

We'd have better record too with Stanford's yearly schedule, but yeah, it must just be offense.

Sure abt that?

Stanford plays 9 conference games, plus ND OoC every yr, AND they've played maybe 2 lower level cupcakes over the last 20 yrs, unlike TPR that got fat off of lower level cupcakes

Basically Stanford's entire sked is played vs. other teams that also have 85 schollies , they rarely play lower level cupcakes like Alcorn or Elon or Gardner-Webb

Comparing GT to Stanford is a fool's errand

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Sure abt that?

Stanford plays 9 conference games, plus ND OoC every yr, AND they've played maybe 2 lower level cupcakes over the last 20 yrs, unlike TPR that got fat off of lower level cupcakes

Basically Stanford's entire sked is played vs. other teams that also have 85 schollies , they rarely play lower level cupcakes like Alcorn or Elon or Gardner-Webb

I see what you did there, after comparing GT to Stanford.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Sure abt that?

Playing against weak PAC teams and avoiding UGA and Clemson every year sounds pretty easy. You can hate on GT all you want though dude.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
IMO you are very wrong

Simply look at what both FB rosters are majoring in and you'll see that FB-wise GT is very similar to Stanford academically

The only difference is they understand that you don't need to run the 3O to be competitive
They are also a private institution who doesn’t have to disclose any info on their admissions. They play by an entirely different set of rules