TM leaves practice to attend class.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Here's Goldtroll1:

a814fe7a327a011a81094f4edc6412db.jpg

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Honestly if any sidewalk fans are on the fence on becoming a fan and they read this thread I can guarantee they would be turned off by our fans and choose a different team.

I appreciate ALL fans, but if they are turned off by the fact that GT is a different place, then I am not sure they would want to be a GT fan to begin with.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate ALL fans, but if they are turned off by the fact that GT is a different place, then I am not sure they would want to be a GT fan to begin with.
There's a difference between being different and being stand offish which we have a reputation for. This thread just cements that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anyone else starting to wonder if Gold1 is a troll?

No but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a @Supersizethatorder-mutt alter.

:D
Honestly if any sidewalk fans are on the fence on becoming a fan and they read this thread I can guarantee they would be turned off by our fans and choose a different team.

Why would that be?

No one is saying people need to have a GT degree to be a fan or that those who don't have a GT degree are somehow different. That's ridiculous.

What I would say, though, is that a GT fan needs to understand that the environment in which our sports programs operate is different than most. If anything, it should enhance one's fanhood.

Any "sidewalk" fan (I don't use that phrase. You're either a fan or you're not. There's no distinction.) who reads this discussion has no reason to feel intimidated or slighted at all. It's simply informative to those who don't already know.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
For those interested, there are two MGT classes on Mondays at 6: 4726 which is only offered in the fall, and 4803 which is a special topics class and likely not offered every semester. I'd be willing to bet these classes are being taken because they met a requirement and were available. I remember taking a couple classes to get elective credits just to make sure I graduated asap.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We are the only P5 football STEM school.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cartercoudriet/2017/08/02/top-25-stem-colleges-2017/#30660283218e

I bet we could whip the heck out of the Colorado School of Mines football team!!! ;)

Actually, I think we could turn this into an advantage, or at least more fully discover its silver lining, by expanding our recruiting scope. We need go national and identify and target talented high-school football players who want to major in STEM subjects. As the only power-5 team among the top-25 STEM schools, we could get them to come to Georgia Tech. It would take a big boost to our recruiting budget, but I think that's where we need to invest. I know I've said this before but darn, it seems to me the answer to our recruiting problems.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else starting to wonder if Gold1 is a troll?
No, he is a Tech Fan who wants to see Tech win. I don't agree with every things that he says but I really think he is a fan.

Look I didn't go to Georgia Tech I graduated from Southern Tech ( I'm old and it was Southern Tech to me ) so I understand stand how a lot of you feel. Would I like to see a player not miss practice, yes, but if that is the only time they can take that class I understand. I'm sure that the ones who missed practice still put in lots of extra work after , or before practice. I sure this is not something new to CPJ.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I think we could turn this into an advantage, or at least more fully discover its silver lining, by expanding our recruiting scope. We need go national and identify and target talented high-school football players who want to major in STEM subjects. As the only power-5 team among the top-25 STEM schools, we could get them to come to Georgia Tech. It would take a big boost to our recruiting budget, but I think that's where we need to invest. I know I've said this before but darn, it seems to me the answer to our recruiting problems.

I have always believed that if we truly had a NATIONWIDE (or worldwide) recruiting strategy (and this takes $$), we could recruit better. If we look around the country, there have to be some, not many, but some excellent football players that desire a STEM degree as well. Again, I realize the population will not be large, and especially when trying to find big nasties for the DL, but I gotta believe there are a few out there every year, and we need to find them and fight like heck to get them.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
There's a difference between being different and being stand offish which we have a reputation for. This thread just cements that.

Your right that GT has some standoffish fans and sidewalk fans are treated differently than at other schools, but i don’t consider this thread to be an example of that at all.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I have been fairly engaged on this thread, and quoted / responded to your posts so wanted to respond to this one. I don't think I have been stand offish, but if I have let me clarify my position. I believe the mission of Georgia Tech is to educate first and foremost the students enrolled on our campuses. I want to be competitive in everything we do, but would not trade our academic responsibility for a single extra win.