This team will surprise some

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I doubt it makes him feel better but I get the sense that Pastner is pretty good at staying positive and focusing on his job.

What I think it means is Josh has 4 yrs. The new AD is not tied to him. Gregory's buyout has 2 yrs, Hewitt 4. So after 4 yrs if he isn't winning big i think a new AD makes a change.

I'll also add that i am concerned that the same people who hired MBob also will hire his replacement.
The GTAA Board of Trustees has a bunch of new faces since 2012-13, so I am optimistic that will not be an issue.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm am open to avatar wagering...in regards to Nova game...20minutes of basketball is 20minutes of basketball...not sure about you all...but I haven't missed many possessions over the last 2-3 years forget about games...I've seen all of Tad...the good and the bad...I can tell you he's superior offensively to MGH and Smith,he'll prove it this year...his inflated avg. prediction IS indicative of the numbers of shots he gets and on the fact that he'll be the main focus of the offense.As a complete player I'm not sure he's more impactful as MGH,potentially he is...but his offensive game and the ability to score the basketball exceeds MGH already.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Why does someone HAVE to score? Remember Hewitts last year or BGs first year? We didn't have a good scoring team, that didn't result in someone having inflated stats, it resulted in a bad offensive team. And that team had some talent

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Peacone...come up with a Josh Heath prop bet or whatever you can construe in regards to my boy...Arcidiacano was a heady player,tough could shoot it a little and actually impressed me in the NBA summer league as a pure point guard but by no means is he a super talent or anything remotely close to one...he was an integral piece to a good team where the pieces fit nicely and they became a perfect storm for a few games..singularly he's nothing special...the Hart kid was the catalyst for them complementing all there shooting...I have a question for you...tell me out put wise who was a more productive point guard during there stints at Tech..Moe Miller or Trae Golden...then tell me who you think is a better basketball player overall...want to see if your capable of dissecting point guards seeing your so adament Heath cant play.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am going out on a limb and predict Peterson will not be warming any seat in the Edge Center. But, I think the GTAA Board of Trustees will be keeping a close watch over everything. That is especially crucial given the timing of the change relative the tremendous weight the football season has on revenue. If I were a betting man, I would bet on Dr. Jud Ready taking a large role in the coming weeks. Maybe even being the seat warmer. He has closer ties to GT than anyone else on the board and is not in administration. I don't see how you could spend your entire academic life at Tech and not love the school. How much influence he has with Peterson is something I do not pretend to know.
Went to school with Jud (he was a year behind me, but since I was a co-op, we had classes together). His PhD research was the in-depth follow up to some of my co-op work. Really smart guy who's also a huge GT fan.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Why does he HAVE to score...um maybe because his shoulders are as broad as Grandmama Larry Johnson and he's only 6'2,maybe bcuz he can stop on a dime and pull up on anyone...or he can hit the catch and shoot three...or maybe he can use his insane vertical and long arms to dunk on bigs baseline...or perhaps he'll be our lob threat...or maybe he'll just be able to create of the dribble in the open court...maybe he knows how to use his body and get to the line...not sure many/any of our players AT THIS stage can do those things.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I liked Miller as a backup PG. so I guess I'd say Miller for the simple reason that Trae Golden wasn't a pG. he was a guard who could play PG. TG was a better scorer but Miller was probably a better PG even though he didn't develop like I thought he would have when he came in.

Stats (pg) wise I'd say Golden had better numbers. I don't remember Moe seeing the floor a ton.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Why does he HAVE to score...um maybe because his shoulders are as broad as Grandmama Larry Johnson and he's only 6'2,maybe bcuz he can stop on a dime and pull up on anyone...or he can hit the catch and shoot three...or maybe he can use his insane vertical and long arms to dunk on bigs baseline...or perhaps he'll be our lob threat...or maybe he'll just be able to create of the dribble in the open court...maybe he knows how to use his body and get to the line...not sure many/any of our players AT THIS stage can do those things.

What has he done that makes you think he can shoot IN COLLEGE.? Stopping on a dime and blow by is great but he also hasn't shown he can finish.Youre stuck on potential and not what he has shown through 60+ games at GT

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not stuck on potential at all...he's a unique player...short height wise for what he's capable of but that doesn't hold him back...finishing is a learned thing for a kid like that...he has to finish now among real bigs...takes time...it's coming.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Your assessment of Miller vs. Golden is pretty good...Miller started for at least 2 years...like u said...much better point guard overall...Golden wasn't a point guard like u said...he was forced into it...he had trouble getting the ball over half court...offensively not so bad...I actually like him as a 2g...dismal as a pg.Miller had balls...could score...defend the ball etc....not bad though Pea...now where's my Heath prop bet?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Through his first couple of years, Tadric has shown he can travel, drop passes, charge, miss wide open jumpers, dunk once in a while and generally get abused on the defensive end of the court. I've yet to see him stop on a dime except when he's watching his man dribble by him for a layup. His pull ups generally lead to air balls or similarly misguided missiles. Can he improve? I hope so. I wouldn't bet the farm on him being in top 20 in ACC scoring next year.

Comparing Moe Miller and Trae Golden is sort of like asking whether the flu or pneumonia is better. Both were mediocre at best and associated with some historically pathetic squads. (Miller was on three losing teams and the 2010 squad that had Favors, Laval & Shump. Golden was a Done-and-one and "led" us to losing record overall and 6-12 in the conference)

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Let me emphatically state I'm an open book on the depths of my basketball knowledge...fire away...everything is fair game...Ill dissect every player to wear a Tech uniform from around '85 to now...I played at the same school that Shaun Fein transformed in from Stonehill college,refereed and coached former Tech forward Jon Babul,his twin brother Mike(UMASS) and Chris Herren on Buddies AAU(now defunct) so please don't question my ability to gauge talent etc etc...Heath has had a tumultuous career...he's not Chris Paul...but he's definitely no bum with a ton of ability not so visible to the novice eye...he doesn't or hasn't scored a ton...his assist to turnover thru his career is great...his time is now...Tad,Q,AD...you will all have to wait to see...I will be qouting all your anti returnee sediments consistently after strong showings by "my guys"...Will you all "claim" them as your guys when they produce or will you admit that you've been wrong and your embarrassed to call yourself a Tech fan for having zero faith in our programs ability to develop talent.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
If Tadric, Lammers or Heath becomes the All-ACC caliber players you believe they will, I will be glad to say I was wrong. I'm not embarrassed to call myself a GT fan. Have had season tickets at football and hoops for 14 years (this season will be #15) and have gone to almost every game. (Occasionally I am out of town or can't bear another game against a pathetic OOC opponent.)
If "your guys" fail to become the world beaters you think they will, will you admit your hubris and your ability to judge talent may not be perfect?

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Through his first couple of years, Tadric has shown he can travel, drop passes, charge, miss wide open jumpers, dunk once in a while and generally get abused on the defensive end of the court. I've yet to see him stop on a dime except when he's watching his man dribble by him for a layup. His pull ups generally lead to air balls or similarly misguided missiles. Can he improve? I hope so. I wouldn't bet the farm on him being in top 20 in ACC scoring next year.

Comparing Moe Miller and Trae Golden is sort of like asking whether the flu or pneumonia is better. Both were mediocre at best and associated with some historically pathetic squads. (Miller was on three losing teams and the 2010 squad that had Favors, Laval & Shump. Golden was a Done-and-one and "led" us to losing record overall and 6-12 in the conference)
Listen you "cute" writing pompous ***...you obviously don't know shat...I wanted PeaBrain to be able to differentiate between an out of position guard with a true point guard so I'd have a better gauge of his depth of knowledge in regards to critiquing Heath...FYI Miller was excellent...overachieving the whole time...Don't get me wrong...I've been frustrated with Tad...but you either are blind or really clueless to not acknowledge his ability...he needs consistent PT...I don't care what you say in regard to 60+ games...his minutes have never been consistent due to playing behind MGH,then Smith...don't compliment him once during the season or I will force feed you all your Tadric Jackson shade enveloped comments.As for your prediction of him not being inthe ACC's top 20 in scoring...100% happening(barring injury)

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
If Tadric, Lammers or Heath becomes the All-ACC caliber players you believe they will, I will be glad to say I was wrong. I'm not embarrassed to call myself a GT fan. Have had season tickets at football and hoops for 14 years (this season will be #15) and have gone to almost every game. (Occasionally I am out of town or can't bear another game against a pathetic OOC opponent.)
If "your guys" fail to become the world beaters you think they will, will you admit your hubris and your ability to judge talent may not be perfect?
whoa whoa whoa...all-ACC caliber????? World beaters???? That's where your showing your true colors of manipulation of words,misquoting me to back your point...go back and look at my posts...I was very careful to use the words "compete" when referring to said players and the teams performance...go back and read...I knew you noobs would try to spin my stance that these guys aren't as bad as your presumptions and mis quote my ascertation that these kids will "compete".Wins,losses...irrelevant...it takes a lot to actual win games...ask CBG...he lost more games by the tightest of margins,more so than any coach I've seen in a similar span of time.I am 100% positive that they'll be competitive...play for play...Will they or do they have enough talent to win games in crunch time when "athletes make plays"...not sure.Time will tell...but like I said re read my posts and don't misquote me to add brevity to your thoughts.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Listen you "cute" writing pompous ***...you obviously don't know shat...I wanted PeaBrain to be able to differentiate between an out of position guard with a true point guard so I'd have a better gauge of his depth of knowledge in regards to critiquing Heath...FYI Miller was excellent...overachieving the whole time...Don't get me wrong...I've been frustrated with Tad...but you either are blind or really clueless to not acknowledge his ability...he needs consistent PT...I don't care what you say in regard to 60+ games...his minutes have never been consistent due to playing behind MGH,then Smith...don't compliment him once during the season or I will force feed you all your Tadric Jackson shade enveloped comments.As for your prediction of him not being inthe ACC's top 20 in scoring...100% happening(barring injury)

whoa your roll, dude

you're the one putting others to the test and coming out with a bold prediction of a major jump in output ... if anyone is coming off as pompous, well, take a step back

I reckon most here don't know you beyond your contribution to this forum ... so don't take it personally if they disagree with your prediction

If you're right about what we see from these guys this year, you'll be proven right ... until then, we'll see

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Gloves have been dropped. Game on. Here's my proposal. Let me know if you have the stones to back up your talk or if you're a typical troll that just spouts hot air

If "your guys" don't achieve the insane production you predict, you sign off this board, never to return
If "your guys" become the all stars you project, I'll say sayonara and vacate the premises

Injuries are obviously not included, so if Tadric (or anyone else) misses significant time due to injury, I would exclude them from the exercise

For reference, your predicted production for these guys is:
PPG: 10-12 heath,15 tad,15-18 Q,12-15 Lammers
You also predicted 10 - 13 ppg and 6 apg and a mind boggling A:TO for heath in an older post

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Your assessment of Miller vs. Golden is pretty good.......not bad though Pea...now where's my Heath prop bet?

Thanks. Though, I wasn't really looking for validation. I know what I know.

As far as Heath. There is no way he averages double digits. Or more than 5 assists.