This team will surprise some

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
You mean they will win 11 games? Hubba hubba :cool:

At this point the potential for an upside surprise lies either in the freshman coming in or that the redshirt kids come back as animals. I am high on Tadrick but he can't do it himself.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don't see Tadrics offensive game being much more than 12-4-2 a game. Think about MGH career and his numbers were only slightly better and MGH had the bigger body and a better touch. Tadric still a bit raw. I don't think he will shoot a very high % but he will get the opportunities to get up the attempts.

I'm thinking Solo without being such a *****.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Call me crazy. I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Not sure what you mean by surprise people? If you're saying you think we can be a borderline NIT team, then I don't think you're necessarily crazy, but it will take a lot of players stepping up, including freshman. Sadly, that's the absolute ceiling I can see and it's going to be very very hard to even get there

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Freshman that I think might surprise people: Ogbonda and Okogie. I think both have the potential to start next year. Need Lammers and Tadric to take big steps forward

LibertyTurns

Banned
I'll throw my hat into the hopeful pile. We had a coach that many said he couldn't develop any of the talent we had plus couldn't recruit and was not a good in game coach.

Maybe the new coach can make something happen. He sure isn't wasting his time golfing or picking out a wardrobe! That's gotta be worth a win or 2 at a minimum.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I say around 8 ACC wins

Its like reverse trolling. And its ridiculous

We had some talented teams with BG and before this past season we won what? 16 in our best season?

Now we have less talent and................ugh.................a coach that is of the same caliber, in game wise. Yeah, love the fact we made a change, not sure we upgraded. Get over it.

If we win 2 games, Ill be incredibly surprised. Just because an ACC team signs certain prospects, doesnt make those prospects ACC players.

Yeah, said that too. I believe it will take time to get talent in Atlanta, i look forward to that time and think we will get some studs at some point. I am just hopeful we have people who know how to use it once we get here.

BTW i am at least 37% more optimistic at this point during this hire than i was at this point of the last hire. Which i had a rating of -1489237298498 on the 2k11 optimism rating under my player card.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If we win 8 ACC games, including a run in the ACC Tourney I'll be VERY happy. Don't see it happening, but would love for it to happen.
Right now I am glad we got a couple of transfers that are immediately available to play. If not we would have had a tough time practicing against ourselves.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Paul Hewitt took Bobby's leftovers to the ncaa tournament in 2001!!! Anything is possible..... Ok, we win 4-6 games in ACC play this years. I think CJP turns it around but it's gonna be like 96-97 to 99-2000 for the first few years.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd put the over/under at 2.5 a d probably take the under.

Pea has already pointed out who Memphis had and were playing in a much weaker conference.
As strong a job as Hewitt did his first year, and imo it was his second best coaching job here, that team started with Akins and Jones - two guys who had underperformed to that point but were both considered solid 4 star players coming out of HS.
GT doesn't have a single returning player on this roster that I would put in that category.