This kind of stuff is way different from CPJ

Animal02

Banned
At some point u need to state what u think is an acceptable improvement.
I have made mine 2019 - 2 4* on offense and 2 4* on defense. That's my ok number.

You can start a thread and put your " minimum, ok , and wow numbers.

And yes performance on field, gradxrate , misspelled words, etc matter.
I don't really care about stars.....if we ran out of he table and didn't place one player in NFL I would be perfectly happy.
The school girl crushers have been predicting multiple NC and multiple 4&5 * recruits every year. Now, some of the crushers are walking that back and saying those claims were never made. And then there is "losing seasons crowds" Seems the bar keeps getting lowered for the new Saint on the flats.
Personally....I think we will settle in to our tradiotradi average...some really good years and an occasional real bad one.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
This seems to be more and more true each day. Every thread has to have one of the usual 3-4 posters come in and remind us that CPJ was treated unfairly by the fans and school and didn't have the advantages that CGC had. Either CGC will do well here and all we will hear is that CPJ would have done just as well if he had the "resources" or he will fail and these same 3-4 posters can come on here and say "I told you so." Either way they get to be right in their own mind.

AFAIK, Collins hasn't been given any more $$ than CPJ was given last year so I'm not sure the "lack of support/resources" angle is even accurate?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't really care about stars.....if we ran out of he table and didn't place one player in NFL I would be perfectly happy.
The school girl crushers have been predicting multiple NC and multiple 4&5 * recruits every year. Now, some of the crushers are walking that back and saying those claims were never made. And then there is "losing seasons crowds" Seems the bar keeps getting lowered for the new Saint on the flats.
Personally....I think we will settle in to our tradiotradi average...some really good years and an occasional real bad one.

Sorry, to ask you to quantify your definition of what metrics u call average. I was hoping u had a number. You know - engineering and that numbers stuff.

As a former oil and gas measurement engineer - I search for definition.

We will leave it that you think we will average , w some highs, and some lows. I think you are a stock portfolio adviser. Oh, thanks for the advice- here's your yearly 2% fee.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
AFAIK, Collins hasn't been given any more $$ than CPJ was given last year so I'm not sure the "lack of support/resources" angle is even accurate?
Paul got 4 more recruiting analysts just this year; I helped pay for them. The promise going forward was to catch us up to the average for the ACC (~ 20 analysts) asap. Coach is benefiting from both of those increases, as Paul would have if he stayed. It was Bobinski's freezing of recruiting infrastructure when he was here that led TStan to begin to funnel new resources to the football program so we could catch up to or, perhaps, surpass our in conference rivals.

That's what people are talking about when they say "lack of support/resources". But we did ok in recruiting over the last two years despite not having the same resources and we'll do better going forward because of the investment. This is a - no, the - vital part of modern recruiting.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Paul got 4 more recruiting analysts just this year; I helped pay for them. The promise going forward was to catch us up to the average for the ACC (~ 20 analysts) asap. Coach is benefiting from both of those increases, as Paul would have if he stayed. It was Bobinski's freezing of recruiting infrastructure when he was here that led TStan to begin to funnel new resources to the football program so we could catch up to or, perhaps, surpass our in conference rivals.

That's what people are talking about when they say "lack of support/resources". But we did ok in recruiting over the last two years despite not having the same resources and we'll do better going forward because of the investment. This is a - no, the - vital part of modern recruiting.
Your facts are getting in the way of the narrative

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

Not to be picky, Animal, but I have not seen any predictions on here of multiple NCs, and the mentions of 4 and 5* recruits I've read have been that we can get some, not multiple ones. Which threads can I find these predictions in?

Animal02

Banned
Not to be picky, Animal, but I have not seen any predictions on here of multiple NCs, and the mentions of 4 and 5* recruits I've read have been that we can get some, not multiple ones. Which threads can I find these predictions in?
I already quoted the multiple NC......Iamnot going to sort through the thousands of posts including the posters Ignore to find the original....but yes there were some claiming we would land multiple 4-5 star recruits every year.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This tactic is straight off the GOL Playbook when cgc was here then. At that time gt was known for these things.
To each his own but to me that is borderline stalking. Since they can't have contact until midnight then I guess they can't warn them they;re coming. In the sticks were I grew up you would have had listen for the shown of a racking shotgun.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
To each his own but to me that is borderline stalking. Since they can't have contact until midnight then I guess they can't warn them they;re coming. In the sticks were I grew up you would have had listen for the shown of a racking shotgun.
The visit is arranged. They don't just pop up to the recruits house. C'mon guys.

Formerly "GTjay"

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

they know, its not stalking....they can still communicate via messages etc....back when GOL did it they can call coaches but coaches couldn't call them, and the messages were sent out...

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
23D264E5-03DC-42C9-B810-A20A56C796F8.jpeg

We need to make Benedictine a priority. Talent is oozing out of Savannah.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Ask your buddy Wade....he ran away from the thread when proven wrong.

I didn't respond because it was a waste of my time. The only example you found was someone saying we can compete for national titles within FIFTEEN YEARS. Which is a far cry from your exaggerated claims. So I was done feeding the troll but since you're going to call me out directly I had to respond.