This kind of stuff is way different from CPJ

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I didn't respond because it was a waste of my time. The only example you found was someone saying we can compete for national titles within FIFTEEN YEARS. Which is a far cry from your exaggerated claims. So I was done feeding the troll but since you're going to call me out directly I had to respond.

He was given an irregularly long 7-year contract for a reason. I anticipate 3 years to get our roster in a position that he is satisfied with personnel wise and talent wise. In the 2021 season you should expect an 8-10 season where our identity as a team is known. As for 2019 and 2020, I expect bowl games, especially since there has been a lot of turmoil in the Coastal recently (Fuente on the hot seat, Richt retiring, etc.). I also expect a top 40 recruiting class for 2020 and a top 30 recruiting class for 2021. For reference, a typical top 30 class is about 4-6 four star players and the rest three stars, which I think is easily obtainable under Collins.

Here we go!

Ol buddy, It s up to u to avoid getting yourself triggered When u feel it , breathe.

The obvious intent and words u take quote " its all about recruiting " apply to the recruiting promises made by cgc.

The FSU hire u site is a thing from whichv legends can be made

The FSU coach came in saying he could keep fsu at or near the top and people believed him because of the recruiting classes u site. I will go talk to a friend who is friend of top fsu football donor to see what improvements Willie needs to save his job.

Specifically for gt

I think cgc adapts the o to what we have, but the defense will be the scheme which we will end up.

Don't you think RECRUITING top defensive players into an aggressive scheme will be easier than into a bend and slowly break at end of game defense.?

I think a mid level metric for cgc recruiting is 3- 4☆ defense recruits a year

I understand your thinking and hope you are right at 66 I don't have as long as some. But teams like Alabama Tenn and uga always have top classes. Can we get some 4 or 5 star players? Maybe a few every year but if you keep hanging around .500 or below 2 or 3 years you better be able to coach up what you have or it will get harder. I liked CPJ but thought it was time for a change. Happy with CGC but not sure about all the others they may be great but I have no idea. If they are good than we will see them adopt their schemes to the players not Force the players they have to a system. Wait till you get the players you think before you go all out to the system you want to run.

WTH is up with these Tech fans wanting to run down the programs ability every time somebody gets excited about what’s going on? I don’t know exactly who Dan Wolken is but I believe he is a national guy saying we may be on the verge of recruiting top 15 classes and some dope named Eric who is supposed to be a Tech fan gets on there and says it’s not likely. Why in the world do our supposed fans do this? Let the hype run wild. It’s great for the program. I get so confused and frustrated by the amount of tech fans that think like this.

Why is it not realistic? Do you realize it’s been done before?

From the first 5 pages of a 13 page thread.

Now apologize to animal Wade, then go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
@Animal02 @Whiskey_Clear

I read through all the posts and don't see anything about guaranteeing 4 and 5 stars and national championship contention. Everything I read from those posts seems reasonable.

You exaggerate what others say to try to prove a point, I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make but I do know for sure that you are exaggerating. And I'm not the only one who feels this way based on the other posts in this thread. So for everyone's sake, please stop with the hyperbole.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

Now apologize to animal Wade, then go sit in the corner and think about what you have done.

He's got nothing to apologize for. None of those above are as ludicrous as Animal's exaggerated claims. Animal's got an agenda and that's fine but making stuff up doesn't help advance it. It just looks kinda :troll:ish

Cam

Helluva Engineer

Not sure what was unrealistic about my claim. In 2016 we had one 4*, in 2017 we had four 4*, and in 2018 we had three 4*. Paul Johnson's staff already average multiple 4* recruits a year and we were roughly one blue chip (5.9 or better rating on Rivals) recruit away from having a top 30 class in 2017. For a staff specifically assembled for their recruiting prowess coupled with the larger amount of resources and support staff (and supposedly more attractive offense), logic would tell us that we'd start pulling in more four star recruits. I don't think @Animal02 would necessarily argue against it.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure what was unrealistic about my claim. In 2016 we had one 4*, in 2017 we had four 4*, and in 2018 we had three 4*. Paul Johnson's staff already average multiple 4* recruits a year and we were roughly one blue chip (5.9 or better rating on Rivals) recruit away from having a top 30 class in 2017. For a staff specifically assembled for their recruiting prowess coupled with the larger amount of resources and support staff (and supposedly more attractive offense), logic would tell us that we'd start pulling in more four star recruits. I don't think @Animal02 would necessarily argue against it.

not sure if that fits his narrative? :confused:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There have been several people that have posted they are expecting multiple 4-5 star recruits EVERY year, consistent top 20 ranking and competing for NCs in a few years

Well, speaking as a fan who has endured decades of Tech hype of one kind or another, I will be happy with multiple four starts and a top 25 or so class. After all, our "best" class was the 2007 one that required lots of divine help to occur and it was ranked 17th or so. Frankly, I think Tech has gotten about as much out of our talent down through the years as just about any program in the country. As for "competing for national championships", let's win the Coastal first and beat UGA. That will set the place rocking for sure.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Many bow down at the alter of martyr style of recruiting by TPR.

"The recruits have to show an interest in you as well". Yeah, coach, that is part of your job. Combine that with "I don't care about the stars given to recruits".

Then the response is "look how great my O is with low ranking recruits."

In the past 11 years puke has averaged 6.6 wins per year with a weak, and advantageous, schedule. Their best bowl game since the 60s has been the chik-fil-a that they lost. In the last 11 years their best ranking was 19 - once & in one poll.

This is called dumbing down.

CGC wants to stop this.

One thing is for sure, Duke has been a thorn in our side for a number of years and I am tired of losing to them. They are well coached and have played our offense the best of anyone does not have physical superiority like UGA and Clemson but they just flat out embarrassed us with that run blitzing they did. We did nothing to counter it and they kept doing it. If Coach Collins manages to beat them, Miami, Virginia Tech, and Pitt next year he is well on the way to a successful tenure with bigger things to follow.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Some say we should never set our sights as low as competing with Duke. I think they underestimate Duke today and I agree with you.

I don't know if I underestimate the Blue Devils but I am tired of losing to them and a number of other ACC teams as well (Pitt, Virginia, and Virginia Tech for instance). Losing to a tobacco road basketball school like Duke is not acceptable when you are perceived, rightly or wrongly, by many ACC fans as being a football school.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
A lot of people here are predicting that our recruiting will be better under CGC and we will hopefully see a few more high level guys sign each year.

Somehow that gets twisted into "guaranteeing 4 and 5 star recruits and competing for national championships" by the usual suspects.

No doubt about it. Coach Collins is the best recruiting type coach we have had in a long time. Perhaps the best since Coach Dodd who could sell sand to an Arab when it suited him. A natural born salesman and an engaging positive personality that just draws people to him that coupled with a knack for using all kinds of social media has endeared him to the Atlanta media and the kids in a way that has not been seen in these parts in a long time. Will it stand the rigors of recruiting in a place like Tech is the question. Don't know but let's give him a minimum of three years and see. Tech fans can be patient with coaches compared to other fan bases. It may be put to the test in the next couple of years.

Animal02

Banned
A lot of people here are predicting that our recruiting will be better under CGC and we will hopefully see a few more high level guys sign each year.

Somehow that gets twisted into "guaranteeing 4 and 5 star recruits and competing for national championships" by the usual suspects.
Moving the goal posts....how predictable .:rolleyes:

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
No doubt about it. Coach Collins is the best recruiting type coach we have had in a long time. Perhaps the best since Coach Dodd who could sell sand to an Arab when it suited him. A natural born salesman and an engaging positive personality that just draws people to him that coupled with a knack for using all kinds of social media has endeared him to the Atlanta media and the kids in a way that has not been seen in these parts in a long time. Will it stand the rigors of recruiting in a place like Tech is the question. Don't know but let's give him a minimum of three years and see. Tech fans can be patient with coaches compared to other fan bases. It may be put to the test in the next couple of years.

The "rigors of recruiting" at Tech are still intact and will be for the foreseeable future, but three things that held us back in years past are ameliorated or gone. In order of importance (IMO)...

1. We have more staff and apparently more money allocated for recruiting.
2. I believe we have a better recruiter at the helm and better recruiters on the coaching staff.
3. We have jettisoned the scheme that I believe may have held back recruiting a bit in the past.

But as you point out, it may take time. We'll see what happens.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Animal02 @Whiskey_Clear

I read through all the posts and don't see anything about guaranteeing 4 and 5 stars and national championship contention. Everything I read from those posts seems reasonable.

You exaggerate what others say to try to prove a point, I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make but I do know for sure that you are exaggerating. And I'm not the only one who feels this way based on the other posts in this thread. So for everyone's sake, please stop with the hyperbole.

No U :ROFLMAO:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I don’t take issue with your post at all. I think it could possibly play out the way you think. I quoted your post to prove to Wade that some here were very optimistic about recruiting in the future and had said so. Just like Animal claimed. Wade claimed Animal was lying and I proved him wrong quoting you and others.

Those who wish to mock others * @H-Wade *, or question their honesty / validity, should be prepared to receive same.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t take issue with your post at all. I think it could possibly play out the way you think. I quoted your post to prove to Wade that some here were very optimistic about recruiting in the future and had said so. Just like Animal claimed. Wade claimed Animal was lying and I proved him wrong quoting you and others.

Those who wish to mock others * @H-Wade *, or question their honesty / validity, should be prepared to receive same.

When did I mock anyone or question someone's honesty? More hyperbole. I guess I'm done with this thread as this is going nowhere.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
One thing is for sure, Duke has been a thorn in our side for a number of years and I am tired of losing to them. They are well coached and have played our offense the best of anyone does not have physical superiority like UGA and Clemson but they just flat out embarrassed us with that run blitzing they did. We did nothing to counter it and they kept doing it. If Coach Collins manages to beat them, Miami, Virginia Tech, and Pitt next year he is well on the way to a successful tenure with bigger things to follow.
Don't be sad, cause three out of four ain't bad.