1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

This kind of stuff is way different from CPJ

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by dhbartlett12, Jan 12, 2019.

1. dhbartlett12

dhbartlett12 Helluva Engineer

I dont follow recruiting, so I dont mean this tread to be about this kid, but about the fact they recruited the moment they could, at 12:01am!

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

"Relentless recruiters"

A buddy of mine is an offensive analyst inside the Clemson program and he said it best, "College football has become 100% about recruiting. Get the big talent in and worry about trying to coach them and all the other stuff once they get here. But if you can't get them you've already lost". I agree 1000%.

3. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

NCAA to amend recruiting rules to prevent contact between 10 pm and 9 am.
    Other changes being made....eliminating the downfield cut block rule and elimination of the chop block rule inside the tackle box.
    Also defensive holding of offensive lineman to be a focused enforcement in 2019. ;)

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

5. Animal02

He misspelled "Afford"

MidtownJacket likes this.
  6. RickStromFan

RickStromFan Helluva Engineer

it's a welcome change but beware - some fans are going to accuse you of poopin' on the previous 'regime'.

7. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Jolly Good Fellow

I agree with you,this stuff is very different from the way GT has done things in the past

64jacket and RickStromFan like this.
  8. 4shotB

4shotB Helluva Engineer

while I agree with your post and your friend, I really wonder if this really is any different now than what it was 40-50 years ago? the top teams have always had the best talent.

9. swampsting

swampsting Helluva Engineer

somebody ask Dan Wolken how that Tennessee coaching search went....

buzzmaniac likes this.
  10. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Head coach must call plays w no crib sheet.

GTBatGirl96 and Towaliga like this.
  11. GTpdm

GTpdm Helluva Engineer

I also hear that the ACC is changing their scheduling system, so that no program can request their bye to fall in the week before a particular conference opponent...

COJacket and TheTimes like this.
  12. Animal02

I think the had that already.....my list was meant as a joke about the NCAA targeting rules that hurt Tech.

jojatk likes this.
  13. RickStromFan

anything for the narrative. :rolleyes:

14. pbrown520

pbrown520 Helluva Engineer

Hopefully it pays off, it hasn't yet, but it's only been a week or so with a full staff. Next year is when the payoff better start happening.

15. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

He reported accurately, but got dragged on social media by UT fans who misunderstood what he was reporting. They thought he was being a PR flack. They still troll him

It shows that fan bases have knotheads, more than anything about his writing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yomanser and Animal02 like this.
  16. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

On the war path today huh? Where are the new emojis you promised?

RickStromFan likes this.
  17. RickStromFan

meh that was more just tongue in cheek to Animal. I'm not aware of promising any new emojis? Given what we have at our disposal, it'd be unnecessary and thus illogical. :vulcan:

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  18. Heisman's Ghost

Heisman's Ghost Helluva Engineer

No, it really hasn't changed that much. Dodd could get good players out of every state in the South especially Florida. Lenny Snow was from Florida, Craig Baynam was from South Carolina, Larry Morris was from Mississippi, Don Toner was from Alabama etc. That is one of the reasons why the Mississippi schools hated him so much was that he was forever getting one or two of the best players out of Mississippi. Atlanta and the nationwide recognition of Tech were the draws. One difference might be the lopsided nature of who is getting the absolute top level talent. It is pretty much limited to elite of college football: Alabama, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, FSU, USCw, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma etc. with 50 or so second tier schools scrambling for leftovers.

19. JackD

JackD Georgia Tech Fan

This is definitely different than the way things were done at Tech in the past. Honest question: Is this unusual for other schools? Is Kirby Smart visiting recruits at midnight?

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  20. Animal02

It was a gimmick to say look here.