This kind of stuff is way different from CPJ

Milwaukee

Banned
"Relentless recruiters"

A buddy of mine is an offensive analyst inside the Clemson program and he said it best, "College football has become 100% about recruiting. Get the big talent in and worry about trying to coach them and all the other stuff once they get here. But if you can't get them you've already lost". I agree 1000%.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
"Relentless recruiters"

A buddy of mine is an offensive analyst inside the Clemson program and he said it best, "College football has become 100% about recruiting. Get the big talent in and worry about trying to coach them and all the other stuff once they get here. But if you can't get them you've already lost". I agree 1000%.

while I agree with your post and your friend, I really wonder if this really is any different now than what it was 40-50 years ago? the top teams have always had the best talent.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
NCAA to amend recruiting rules to prevent contact between 10 pm and 9 am.
Other changes being made....eliminating the downfield cut block rule and elimination of the chop block rule inside the tackle box.
Also defensive holding of offensive lineman to be a focused enforcement in 2019. ;)
Head coach must call plays w no crib sheet.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
NCAA to amend recruiting rules to prevent contact between 10 pm and 9 am.
Other changes being made....eliminating the downfield cut block rule and elimination of the chop block rule inside the tackle box.
Also defensive holding of offensive lineman to be a focused enforcement in 2019. ;)
I also hear that the ACC is changing their scheduling system, so that no program can request their bye to fall in the week before a particular conference opponent...

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Hopefully it pays off, it hasn't yet, but it's only been a week or so with a full staff. Next year is when the payoff better start happening.

slugboy

Staff member
somebody ask Dan Wolken how that Tennessee coaching search went....

He reported accurately, but got dragged on social media by UT fans who misunderstood what he was reporting. They thought he was being a PR flack. They still troll him

It shows that fan bases have knotheads, more than anything about his writing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
while I agree with your post and your friend, I really wonder if this really is any different now than what it was 40-50 years ago? the top teams have always had the best talent.

No, it really hasn't changed that much. Dodd could get good players out of every state in the South especially Florida. Lenny Snow was from Florida, Craig Baynam was from South Carolina, Larry Morris was from Mississippi, Don Toner was from Alabama etc. That is one of the reasons why the Mississippi schools hated him so much was that he was forever getting one or two of the best players out of Mississippi. Atlanta and the nationwide recognition of Tech were the draws. One difference might be the lopsided nature of who is getting the absolute top level talent. It is pretty much limited to elite of college football: Alabama, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, FSU, USCw, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma etc. with 50 or so second tier schools scrambling for leftovers.

JackD

Georgia Tech Fan
This is definitely different than the way things were done at Tech in the past. Honest question: Is this unusual for other schools? Is Kirby Smart visiting recruits at midnight?