The University of Georgia Tech

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
when i first went to gt back in the 70s. i was still learning about its tradition... its history and its place among academics. up until i moved to atlanta i was a buckeye and i attended ohio state UNIVERSITY.

even as a student i still caught myself using the 'U' word from time to time when referring to gt. it was hard to break the habit of using the word 'university' with any school let alone gt.

while i cringe when it happens i am ok with letting slide. after all.... i did the same thing many years ago.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
You were making GT's history, not learning about it :cool::p:cool:

My son and I were talking about a history class he enjoyed after his 2nd year of college. He asked me about history class I had. My reply was I took history so long ago that we called it current events :):):(:(
when i first went to gt back in the 70s. i was still learning about its tradition... its history and its place among academics. up until i moved to atlanta i was a buckeye and i attended ohio state UNIVERSITY.

even as a student i still caught myself using the 'U' word from time to time when referring to gt. it was hard to break the habit of using the word 'university' with any school let alone gt.

while i cringe when it happens i am ok with letting slide. after all.... i did the same thing many years ago.

Deleted member 2897

You were making GT's history, not learning about it :cool::p:cool:

My son and I were talking about a history class he enjoyed after his 2nd year of college. He asked me about history class I had. My reply was I took history so long ago that we called it current events :):):(:(

giphy.gif

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
not that it matters but tosu became THE osu when it wrote the charter a hundred + years ago. well before fb program became a staple. being THE osu has nothing to do with fb.

personally i like this idea. TGIT.
I haven't checked in along while, but I recall our seal states, "The Georgia Institute of Technology".