The University of Georgia Tech

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The fact that recruits can literally be on campus moments after being offered and tweet this is a branding fail.
I don’t get why players and the school don’t embrace the “Institute” and it’s uniqueness. People talk about branding well there’s a clear distinct separation in the very fact that it’s not a University and the institute fails to capitalize.

The fact that recruits can literally be on campus moments after being offered and tweet this is a branding fail.
I don’t get why players and the school don’t embrace the “Institute” and it’s uniqueness. People talk about branding well there’s a clear distinct separation in the very fact that it’s not a University and the institute fails to capitalize.
The recruiters need to impress that FACT on them from day one of the recruiting process.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I agree. This can be played up as a coveted distinction. Something like:
"Why go to a University when you could go to an Institute?"
Or, "Anyone can go to a University. Only the elite go to the Institute."

Embrace the eliteness. Sell it. We need special people. "Are you just another recruit on the assembly line of the football factories or are you special?"

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

Embrace the eliteness. Sell it. We need special people. "Are you just another recruit on the assembly line of the football factories or are you special?"
Agree I think we should refer to ourselves in a marketing campaign as "The Institute"

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
We should rescind any offer made to a recruit who calls us Georgia Tech University. If they can’t get that right, they have little chance of getting the Xs and Os right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We should rescind any offer made to a recruit who calls us Georgia Tech University. If they can’t get that right, they have little chance of getting the Xs and Os right.

Right. Not like we get any of the 5 star guys anyway, right?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

I can think of several reasons not to go to an institute. That being said, "university" just doesn't work at all and should be dismissed to a candidate immediately. No two coaches can explain it the same, so drop it. I have known it as the Georgia Institute of Technology since I was a boy. And, by the way, this "elite": business is, well, calling earth, so elitist. Not appealing at all. All a recruit has to know is that it is Georgia Tech. That used to be a great brand. Isn't it still?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
How can you just leave the campus get an offer and still tweet the “University of Georgia Tech”?

That just doesn’t make sense.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

I disagree, if they get an offer and don't say the name right, then it's our fault, not theirs. Again, this is a marketing/branding issue/opportunity on our part. And, it's not that serious to begin with. I had no idea about the "Institute" until well into my overtures with GT as a high school senior, and even then didn't really get it. That takes time getting into the school's culture OR it takes the school branding it as such with intentionality.

Deleted member 2897

The grumpy old man is strong with this thread.

297.png

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I disagree, if they get an offer and don't say the name right, then it's our fault, not theirs. Again, this is a marketing/branding issue/opportunity on our part. And, it's not that serious to begin with. I had no idea about the "Institute" until well into my overtures with GT as a high school senior, and even then didn't really get it. That takes time getting into the school's culture OR it takes the school branding it as such with intentionality.

GT can’t be there with them when they speak or write. I’m certain that numerous written and verbal communications with the recruit say “Georgia Tech” or “The Georgia Institute of Technology”. I’m also certain if someone just offered to give me tens of thousands of dollars in exchange for playing a game, I would make sure to get their name right. Seriously, if they don’t get the name right they probably aren’t interested anyway and I wouldn’t want them. I wonder if Boston College and the military academies have this issue.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Some of these kids are just collecting offers to pump up their stock. They like to tweet out an offer to get more exposure for themselves. You would like to think if they were SERIOUSLY considering going to a school that they, or for sure their parent(s)/guardian might make sure they got the name right. Does anyone recall an SA who made this mistake and then came to Tech ?

Deleted member 2897

GT can’t be there with them when they speak or write. I’m certain that numerous written and verbal communications with the recruit say “Georgia Tech” or “The Georgia Institute of Technology”. I’m also certain if someone just offered to give me tens of thousands of dollars in exchange for playing a game, I would make sure to get their name right. Seriously, if they don’t get the name right they probably aren’t interested anyway and I wouldn’t want them. I wonder if Boston College and the military academies have this issue.

Did you want Stephon Marbury? He did a hat show and picked G Tech University.