The University of Georgia Tech

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Did you want Stephon Marbury? He did a hat show and picked G Tech University.

Did he Tweet that out in 1995? Seriously though, I don’t give anybody a pass on this issue; I doesn’t matter who they are. I’m not saying that GT is so great that they should get our name right because we are so great. I’m saying that they should have enough respect and attention to detail to get any school’s name right. Even if the name of the school is “Northwest Tennessee School of Hair Care, Nail Design, and Automotive Collision Repair”. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
“Strong with this thread the grumpy old man is!”

297.png
Fify. :)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I don't think "The Institute" would catch on the same way as "The U" or THE Ohio State". Most people call us "Georgia Tech" and that's the brand we should push. Honestly though, this is so far down on the list of things I worry about.

Deleted member 2897

Did he Tweet that out in 1995? Seriously though, I don’t give anybody a pass on this issue; I doesn’t matter who they are. I’m not saying that GT is so great that they should get our name right because we are so great. I’m saying that they should have enough respect and attention to detail to get any school’s name right. Even if the name of the school is “Northwest Tennessee School of Hair Care, Nail Design, and Automotive Collision Repair”. [emoji41]

Even better, he said it on national TV on ESPN.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not a fan of calling GT “The Institute” or “The I”. Smacks bad of Miami envy and copy cat. “Georgia Tech” works fine for me.

This whole issue is way over blown. Kids wanna use the long form name in their announcements. Ours is just not commonly known so the kids just make up what sounds right to them. No biggy.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Not a fan of calling GT “The Institute” or “The I”. Smacks bad of Miami envy and copy cat. “Georgia Tech” works fine for me.

This whole issue is way over blown. Kids wanna use the long form name in their announcements. Ours is just not commonly known so the kids just make up what sounds right to them. No biggy.

Well, I should probably let this issue go after this post but I think names are very important, especially when you consider the cash value of these scholarship offers. Anyway, I told a guy once that I went to Georgia Tech. He replied by telling me that he had just driven through GT’s northern campus in Blairsville. It took me a minute but I realized that he was talking about North Georgia Technical College (North Georgia Tech).

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He was a good player. Was he a true SA ? Not in my book, He had his mind on the NBA. his whole time at our " UNIVERSITY ".
Does APR apply to basketball players as well? It could very well explain our lack of recruiting success since Cremins, or more accurately, the lack of APR in Cremin's time explains how he could get such ignoramuses into GT... and it was more than a few.

Deleted member 2897

He was a good player. Was he a true SA ? Not in my book, He had his mind on the NBA. his whole time at our " UNIVERSITY ".

If you want 5* players, especially in basketball, you'll need to get ready for that mentality. Basketball players especially can be 1 and done or 2 and done, and then making $10 million a year. If they don't have their mind on the NBA the whole time or most of the time, they wouldn't be doing themselves justice.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If you want 5* players, especially in basketball, you'll need to get ready for that mentality. Basketball players especially can be 1 and done or 2 and done, and then making $10 million a year. If they don't have their mind on the NBA the whole time or most of the time, they wouldn't be doing themselves justice.
I don’t know about that? Are you eligible to play with a 0.00 GPA?

Deleted member 2897

I don’t know about that? Are you eligible to play with a 0.00 GPA?

If you play basketball and are heading to the NBA.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/division-i-progress-toward-degree-requirements

As best I can tell, there are literally no NCAA rules on minimum GPA until the start of the 2nd year of enrollment.

At the start of the 2nd year of enrollment, you have to have taken 18 hours of classes total, and have a 1.8 GPA. You could literally have taken only 6 hours a semester on nothing but garbage and make it to the start of year 3. Only then do they start putting percentage of degree requirements into play.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If you play basketball and are heading to the NBA.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/division-i-progress-toward-degree-requirements

As best I can tell, there are literally no NCAA rules on minimum GPA until the start of the 2nd year of enrollment.

At the start of the 2nd year of enrollment, you have to have taken 18 hours of classes total, and have a 1.8 GPA. You could literally have taken only 6 hours a semester on nothing but garbage and make it to the start of year 3. Only then do they start putting percentage of degree requirements into play.
So it is literally minor league pro basketball. But isn't there a real minor league bball that pays better than college? Why go one and done when you can get paid in minors?