The Search Reloaded

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I thought there was a chance that he'd make a play for Matta first, given his history with MBob and the chance to compete in the ACC. However, I'd really like to know what's happened with tOSU's competitiveness in the B1G over the last few years. From 2005-2013, they were almost always at the top and never more than 2 years from being 1st. They last won their conference in 2012. Over the last few seasons they've been 5th, 6th, and 7th, going in the wrong direction. Now, it's still better than us, but I wonder if the reported health issues are a concern.

I'm all in for Cuonzo now (though I'd still prefer Enfields).
There might be a lot of reasons to prefer someone else over Matta, but his coaching record is not one of them. He is 320-108 and has been to the NCAA Tournament in his tOSU career more times than any ACC team except Duke and UNC. He failed to make the NCAA this year, but previously has been every year except 2008.

"They last won their conference in 2012?" When did we last win our conference? He won their tournament four times and regular season five.

If this is not good enough, we are a tough crowd.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
There might be a lot of reasons to prefer someone else over Matta, but his coaching record is not one of them. He is 320-108 and has been to the NCAA Tournament in his tOSU career more times than any ACC team except Duke and UNC. He failed to make the NCAA this year, but previously has been every year except 2008.

"They last won their conference in 2012?" When did we last win our conference? He won their tournament four times and regular season five.

If this is not good enough, we are a tough crowd.

Dude. smh.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll ask again if anyone is worried about the potential resolution of the sexual harassment scandal? He's innocent until proven guilty obviously, but if it comes out he knew or didn't do his job what would y'all say then?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'll ask again if anyone is worried about the potential resolution of the sexual harassment scandal? He's innocent until proven guilty obviously, but if it comes out he knew or didn't do his job what would y'all say then?

I posted some info in his thread. I don't think it's worth raising the question at this point. All the public information makes it look like he acted above board and once concrete information was received via e-mail, it was at the office for dealing with such complaints the next day.