The Search Reloaded

hwdgeplague

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. That was quite a read. 1. I don't get the MHate. So the guy didn't come to your birthday party. Give it a rest already. He the AD and he knows basketball. 2. If BD is a t-ian. and chose vandy...then I am OK with that. 3. If we get the Cal coach I will be pumped. If we get the utchat. Coach that seems best.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Wow. That was quite a read. 1. I don't get the MHate. So the guy didn't come to your birthday party. Give it a rest already. He the AD and he knows basketball. 2. If BD is a t-ian. and chose vandy...then I am OK with that. 3. If we get the Cal coach I will be pumped. If we get the utchat. Coach that seems best.

image.gif

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I'll ask again if anyone is worried about the potential resolution of the sexual harassment scandal? He's innocent until proven guilty obviously, but if it comes out he knew or didn't do his job what would y'all say then?
It is called due diligence and is performed by the GTAA.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
It is just hard to conceive that MBob did not start a "hire list" months ago...he knew this was coming. It literally seems like he is hunting the candidate of the week. Normally when you make a big fire like this, you know who your guy is...it just creates more uncertainty about the program the longer it drags on. At this point, though, we have passed the "we hired our guy in waiting" point, so I guess take however long you need now.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
We could copy the Clemson Football Model. Excellent recruiter as the Head and surround him with exceptional assistants.

This is also the Georgia Tech model. This is exactly what we did when Cremins was here. Get a good recruiter find a good X and O assistant and you are much closer to winning in this league than the other way around

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
It is just hard to conceive that MBob did not start a "hire list" months ago...he knew this was coming. It literally seems like he is hunting the candidate of the week. Normally when you make a big fire like this, you know who your guy is...it just creates more uncertainty about the program the longer it drags on. At this point, though, we have passed the "we hired our guy in waiting" point, so I guess take however long you need now.

I'd actually argue that this shows how connected Bobinski really is. He has been able to find a really enticing candidate after he got screwed over in less than a day. That's pretty impressive to be honest.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
omg those Cal fans are absolutely brutal on that forum. They do seem to want to keep their coach quite a bit. That makes me want him more!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For those who keep asking for Price, some food for thought:

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=31651330&catId=112042
A kid from Oklahoma decided to go back to Oklahoma and thanked Mark Price on the way out? The point here is that Mark Price is well on his way to becoming a good coach that we can hire after the next coach?

Regarding Cuonzo's Xs & Os, I'll say this. I don't think that's his strength and we need to hire someone strong to help him there. That said, they played some fun transition ball & he had players that could make things happen at multiple levels (Get out & run, a couple that could can the 3, strong ORebs, and a backup PG that was heady & could start at most schools).

If Cuonzo is the guy, do I think we'll have our share of WTF moments? Yeah.

If he's the guy, do I think we're gonna see a return to fun hoops and a greater likelihood of wins? Yeah.

Talk all the **** you want, they went 18-0 at home this season. You can say the Pac12 sucks because they lost tourney games, but they play some good hoops out there and going 18-0 at home is no easy task.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I'm not worried about missing on Drew...just not sure if he would have recruited like we need. Capel would have been good, but also feel Cuonzo can get it done and would be a good fit in ATL at GT...think he could load the cupboard with good recruits...I'm actually glad we missed on Drew.