The Search Reloaded

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Seems like someone can find out where the heck he's going. Anyone know any of the air traffic controllers at the airport?

I thought we had plenty of folks at Delta. Unless Tech is giving him the private jet someone ought to be able to look this up. come on folks. :)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
No. Hopefully he is headed to Ohio.

I thought there was a chance that he'd make a play for Matta first, given his history with MBob and the chance to compete in the ACC. However, I'd really like to know what's happened with tOSU's competitiveness in the B1G over the last few years. From 2005-2013, they were almost always at the top and never more than 2 years from being 1st. They last won their conference in 2012. Over the last few seasons they've been 5th, 6th, and 7th, going in the wrong direction. Now, it's still better than us, but I wonder if the reported health issues are a concern.

I'm all in for Cuonzo now (though I'd still prefer Enfields).

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought there was a chance that he'd make a play for Matta first, given his history with MBob and the chance to compete in the ACC. However, I'd really like to know what's happened with tOSU's competitiveness in the B1G over the last few years. From 2005-2013, they were almost always at the top and never more than 2 years from being 1st. They last won their conference in 2012. Over the last few seasons they've been 5th, 6th, and 7th, going in the wrong direction. Now, it's still better than us, but I wonder if the reported health issues are a concern.

I'm all in for Cuonzo now (though I'd still prefer Enfields).

Good points.

Something else to note with Matta though, is that he has had success with Atlanta area recruits:

Shannon Scott- 2011
Daniel Giddens -2015

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Giddens is transferring fwiw

ETA: didn't Shannon Scott go to Dayton as well?

E(again)TA: Maybe that was Scoochie Smith

I don't know

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan
As long as we are throwing around names again - what about Russell Turner? From July 2015: "The highest-paid coach at UC Irvine was basketball coach Russell Turner, who grossed $334,008."

I know he may not want to leave Cali, but for 3-4x the $$ ? And he is from Virginia.

I brought his name up on another board a few months back. He's the first coach to really see sustained success at UCI, has experience in the ACC as an assistant at Wake, and has NBA experience (six years as as an assistant at Golden State).

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
Can one of you super nerds, not track the flight? Or was that whole bit about M Bob leaving on a flight today just to piss off those of us who are sitting in cubes...

There are no flights fro Oakland coming to Atlanta and all of the Flights from San Francisco to Atlanta took off at 2.

There are however 6-8 flights from Columbus to Atlanta that have left/are leaving from 4-6 pm today.

Just sayin..

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just to be clear, if MBob was on the road, telling the radio he was flying back, it's in our best interest to prepare for disappointment, just to be safe.

wgardiner3

Jolly Good Fellow
There are no flights fro Oakland coming to Atlanta and all of the Flights from San Francisco to Atlanta took off at 2.

There are however 6-8 flights from Columbus to Atlanta that have left/are leaving from 4-6 pm today.

Just sayin..

Not sure if I'm misinterpreting your post, but I think the San Francisco one left at 2 PM PST which was about 30 minutes ago, so I don't think that necessarily eliminates him from having been there.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure if I'm misinterpreting your post, but I think the San Francisco one left at 2 PM PST which was about 30 minutes ago, so I don't think that necessarily eliminates him from having been there.

Yeah I noticed that too but based on when the radio interview happened it seemed too close to the time when he would have had to be on the plane, but who knows.