The Search Reloaded

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As long as we are throwing around names again - what about Russell Turner? From July 2015: "The highest-paid coach at UC Irvine was basketball coach Russell Turner, who grossed $334,008."

I know he may not want to leave Cali, but for 3-4x the $$ ? And he is from Virginia.

Biz likes him, which would be good enough for me. Plus they started the largest starting line-up ever this past season.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...-tallest-lineup-in-college-basketball-history

pmixmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
Yall are a harsh group. let me rephrase. During the process gt contacted unm for permission to speak with noodles as per normal SOP,I cant confirm if they talked but I would imagine they did and at some point my contact at the ad said at this point the is no serious interest in noodles going forward. I do not know if that was before or after the debacle took place . I would assume before given the nature of the candidates you had lined up . then all hell broke loose, hence why i came hear to gauge the interest of him as a possible replacement going forward but i sense you feel the same as much of our fan base. Question ,would the fans lose it and hang the AD if noodles was hired?

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Yall are a harsh group. let me rephrase. During the process gt contacted unm for permission to speak with noodles as per normal SOP,I cant confirm if they talked but I would imagine they did and at some point my contact at the ad said at this point the is no serious interest in noodles going forward. I do not know if that was before or after the debacle took place . I would assume before given the nature of the candidates you had lined up . then all hell broke loose, hence why i came hear to gauge the interest of him as a possible replacement going forward but i sense you feel the same as much of our fan base. Question ,would the fans lose it and hang the AD if noodles was hired?
Yes we would

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
What's crazy is with Capel and Drew, we had an idea where we were heading. Right now I don't think any of us have a clue who this hire is. Just reading this board alone shows that the GT hoop scene isn't dead, but actually just needs some blood pumping through it. Maybe we some how come out of this with a great coach.

DaBiz

Georgia Tech Fan
As long as we are throwing around names again - what about Russell Turner? From July 2015: "The highest-paid coach at UC Irvine was basketball coach Russell Turner, who grossed $334,008."

I know he may not want to leave Cali, but for 3-4x the $$ ? And he is from Virginia.

I'm a big fan of Russ...I think he'd be great; but doubtful he is anywhere on Bobinski's radar.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a big fan of Russ...I think he'd be great; but doubtful he is anywhere on Bobinski's radar.
Do I need to tweet Turner's name to MBoB? I am sure he would appreciate the insight.

I am sure I am not the only one who has that feeling that "if MBob only knew what I know and had the great vision that I have for the program..."

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What's crazy is with Capel and Drew, we had an idea where we were heading. Right now I don't think any of us have a clue who this hire is. Just reading this board alone shows that the GT hoop scene isn't dead, but actually just needs some blood pumping through it. Maybe we some how come out of this with a great coach.
This is reality. MBob was actually correct when he said we, the fan base, are dying for a rebirth of good GT hoops. We're ready to jump all in, but he has to hold up his end. No indication yet he will be able to.