The Search Reloaded

gtfan088

Georgia Tech Fan
touche that was a fishing post . your board reminds me alot of our hoops board the lobo lair . im reading some of these post and i must say your fans expectation vs reality are super skewed. at this point i highly doubt a big name coach is in line you couldnt even land a middle level name GT is in a similar psotion that the lobos will find themselves in next year and that is at the bottom looking up . when alford left the program was nationally know and relevant and we coould have snagged a great coach bit our ad botched the search and didnt even run a national campaign for the search he simply said next in line and hired a no HC exp coach at the d1 level and in two years hes managed to get his son ran out of town and a fan base that doesnt support a losing product now next year when he is fired we are gona garner no national intrest from a good coach much like you are experiencing i was certain that our ad would ax neal this year but instead he axed the womens coach to save face as his job was prob on the line. i was hoping wed get a good run at brad underwood or steve forbes but our ad didnt pull the trigger and now were stuck with a worthless coach and a fan basse that isnt showing up to games we were 400k short in ticket sales last year and prob will double this year due to the fans not supporting a losing coach sad to see both programs is dire straights I FEEL YOUR PAIN

Alright, Kerouac.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Our board is super skewed in expectation similar to New Mexico? Cmon, gtfo. We play in the ACC son! Big boy basketball. Excellence has been achieved over a sustained period of time and geography, facilities, and conference affiliation says it can be attained again. Failure to hire a fair to midland coach whose base would like to see him gone simply because he is an alum is a good start at getting back to greatness.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Our board is super skewed in expectation similar to New Mexico? Cmon, gtfo. We play in the ACC son! Big boy basketball. Excellence has been achieved over a sustained period of time and geography, facilities, and conference affiliation says it can be attained again. Failure to hire a fair to midland coach whose base would like to see him gone simply because he is an alum is a good start at getting back to greatness.

ACC vs MWC
7 vs 0 Sweet 16s
4 vs 0 Elite 8s
2 vs 0 Final Fours
37 vs 18 NBA players

Do I need to continue?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A reminder Ken tends to not know how things work...

Also, there's the fact that Kelsey couldn't get a move done to JMU or Wright State, but he should get the Georgia Tech job?

pmixmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
ACC vs MWC
7 vs 0 Sweet 16s
4 vs 0 Elite 8s
2 vs 0 Final Fours
37 vs 18 NBA players

Do I need to continue?
this isnt about leauges we know the acc is better this is about program comparison at this point and the fact hat your team is a cellar dweller finishing 8-10 in acc tells me your expectations for the high name coach are unreal at this point as has been proven by the search at this point is it attractive job? acc bottom fedder that your gona have to rebuild in a heallcious league? thats a big task and can spell doom on a coaches career if and when then fail. all i was saying is our fans too think we can lure a big name to our school based on the fans and venue when in reality we cant our expectations are skewed. maybe the year alford left we could have gotten a big name but now that neal has ran this to the ground making it a rebuild which isnt attractive to name sake coaches much like your current situation . taht was my point not to compare leauges the acc is a much better place to play as of late . the mtn west did have a good run of momemtun till about thre years ago but now its flat might as well be the old wac

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Was fellow ACC school VTs expectations too high?

Cellar Dwellar Auburn?

Virginia?

Mississippit St?

TCU?

West Virginia with Huggins?

St Louis with Majerus?

You're outside your depth here.....

Dont forget about Miami. Our basketball program is historically better than all these teams listed outside of maybe UVA.....and to compare us to New Mexico State is laughable.

pmixmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
my point being if the job and program were lucrative you would have had your big name coach by now correct ? I think that alone shows how the program is viewed on a national scale. Look i hope you get the big name coach you are after but i dont see it taking place sounds like the school is limited on its financial resources and the asking price for these so called g0od coaches is ridicoulous for christ sake we paid your alum Noodles a mill a year with no HC exp and look what it bought us? nothing but him drowing our program

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
my point being if the job and program were lucrative you would have had your big name coach by now correct ? I think that alone shows how the program is viewed on a national scale. Look i hope you get the big name coach you are after but i dont see it taking place sounds like the school is limited on its financial resources and the asking price for these so called g0od coaches is ridicoulous for christ sake we paid your alum Noodles a mill a year with no HC exp and look what it bought us? nothing but him drowing our program
And you came here asking why there's no interest in him from our end. lol.

pmixmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
And you came here asking why there's no interest in him from our end. lol.

Yes!!! that is why given his name along with price always pops up and the debacle that took place i thought that he would fr sure get some headway and a miracle would happen since our AD didnt axe him a fan much like you i can hope right? i was truly hoping he would garner some interest after the search disaster and you would snatch him up. We dont want him here and he knows it hes trash and i dont hope you end up with trash cause your fan base seems passionate like ours but i wouldn't not complain if you scooped him out from underneath

pmixmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
i know from a source from our ad office they have been in contact with GT but im hearing there is no serious intrest in NEAL from GT ad office . But i will ssay things have been real hush around here lately which has me wondering what the hell is going on

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
i know from a source from our ad office they have been in contact with GT but im hearing there is no serious intrest in NEAL from GT ad office . But i will ssay things have been real hush around here lately which has me wondering what the hell is going on

image.gif

image.jpeg

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer

I'm pretty sure I know what is going on. Some guy in New Mexico doesn't like Craig Neal so he is highjacking a thread on a GT message board.

How about you go walk around your "better facilities" and leave us out of it?

pmixmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
I actually haven't been trolling or jacking a thread ive been asking questions and am very much intrested in your coaching search. I havent been rude nor kurt towards anyone im generally interested in this search yes i have hopes you steal neal as i mentioned in the other thread i know there is a slim to none chance of that happening . My post were to gauage fan interest on neal from the GT side given the screwed nature of your search . Sorry if i offended anyone that was not my intent. and yes i did have some information from a source that GT was in contact but the have no real intrest with noodles so that is a good thing for you guys not sure how im trolling?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I actually haven't been trolling or jacking a thread ive been asking questions and am very much intrested in your coaching search. I havent been rude nor kurt towards anyone im generally interested in this search yes i have hopes you steal neal as i mentioned in the other thread i know there is a slim to none chance of that happening . My post were to gauage fan interest on neal from the GT side given the screwed nature of your search . Sorry if i offended anyone that was not my intent. and yes i did have some information from a source that GT was in contact but the have no real intrest with noodles so that is a good thing for you guys not sure how im trolling?
We contacted New Mexico to tell them we have no interest in Neal? Seems legit.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
As long as we are throwing around names again - what about Russell Turner? From July 2015: "The highest-paid coach at UC Irvine was basketball coach Russell Turner, who grossed $334,008."

I know he may not want to leave Cali, but for 3-4x the $$ ? And he is from Virginia.