The QB Possibilities

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Will take a lot more confirmation from CPJ to make me believe the QB battle is a toss up.
CPJ doesn't sugar coat things, he says it how it is. After the game Saturday he stated there is no starter at this point and they are all competing for that number 1 spot. If most college coaches said that we could say that's just coach talk, but CPJ is no ordinary HC. I honestly believe it is a toss up at this point, he probably has 2 guys that he feels will be 1 and 2, just not the order yet, but I could be wrong. He's already came out and stated a guy that will start at their position, so if he had a clear cut guy for QB I don't see why he wouldnt say who it was.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No news to me means no news. Since this thread was almost all about the O, I got to thinking about how little we hear about the D. And this CPJ post scrimmage was typical; it may be because CPJ is the O coach and apparently doesn't focus on the D during scrimmage. Maybe he does afterwards, but he sure doesn't talk about it.

He doesn't have a problem singing the praises of opposing D players that kick our *** post game so I assume he can recognize big time playmakers on D post practice also.

CPJ doesn't sugar coat things, he says it how it is. After the game Saturday he stated there is no starter at this point and they are all competing for that number 1 spot. If most college coaches said that we could say that's just coach talk, but CPJ is no ordinary HC. I honestly believe it is a toss up at this point, he probably has 2 guys that he feels will be 1 and 2, just not the order yet, but I could be wrong. He's already came out and stated a guy that will start at their position, so if he had a clear cut guy for QB I don't see why he wouldnt say who it was.

I have yet to see that quote yet. Just some fan takes assuming as much from other post practice comments. I agree CPJ doesn't blow smoke and shoots straight. That's fairly well proven IMO. But again, if that actual quote is out there I have not seen it. A link would be great.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I highly doubt it's a "toss up" right now. Just because MJ isn't way ahead doesn't mean he's not ahead.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't have a problem singing the praises of opposing D players that kick our *** post game so I assume he can recognize big time playmakers on D post practice also.

I have yet to see that quote yet. Just some fan takes assuming as much from other post practice comments. I agree CPJ doesn't blow smoke and shoots straight. That's fairly well proven IMO. But again, if that actual quote is out there I have not seen it. A link would be great.
Of course he didn't say it like I did lol.

But Here's the audio for it.
https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/7...91830308&hwt=ad350d5b4ad7e0a3501b9c6f4855452d

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I highly doubt it's a "toss up" right now. Just because MJ isn't way ahead doesn't mean he's not ahead.

Just like last year and the "battle for #2", there was never a battle but CPJ isn't gonna come out and say that. If he says its a battle or toss up, it will push the players harder.
A starter won't be named in the spring & again I highly doubt there is a "battle" or "toss up" at this point.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just like last year and the "battle for #2", there was never a battle but CPJ isn't gonna come out and say that. If he says its a battle or toss up, it will push the players harder.
A starter won't be named in the spring & again I highly doubt there is a "battle" or "toss up" at this point.
You must not know how CPJ is lol. How do you know there wasn't a battle for number 2 last year? Because he named MJ as the number two that means there wasn't a real battle? CPJ shoots it like it is. That's why when asked about WR's he has his top three. He didn't say oh we have 2 or 3 guys battling for that number 3 spot. If your statement was true about saying there is no true starter yet because is it pushes the guys, wouldn't that be the case for the number 3 spot for the WR's? If MJ is the starter then he was the best and that goes the same for the other 3, CPJ will play the best.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
You must not know how CPJ is lol. How do you know there wasn't a battle for number 2 last year? Because he named MJ as the number two that means there wasn't a real battle? CPJ shoots it like it is. That's why when asked about WR's he has his top three. He didn't say oh we have 2 or 3 guys battling for that number 3 spot. If your statement was true about saying there is no true starter yet because is it pushes the guys, wouldn't that be the case for the number 3 spot for the WR's? If MJ is the starter then he was the best and that goes the same for the other 3, CPJ will play the best.[/QUOTE]

I 110% agree and expect nothing less no matter who is named #1.
CPJ will play the best 11 and I don't blame him.

#1 spot vs. #3 spot... apples and oranges IMO.
and I know there wasn't a battle last year but no amount of me trying to convince you will make you believe it, lol

And I know how CPJ is more than you think.
If you don't think he says things to motivate/push players then you have never played the game

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I 110% agree and expect nothing less no matter who is named #1.
CPJ will play the best 11 and I don't blame him.

#1 spot vs. #3 spot... apples and oranges IMO.
and I know there wasn't a battle last year but no amount of me trying to convince you will make you believe it, lol

And I know how CPJ is more than you think.
If you don't think he says things to motivate/push players then you have never played the game
I agree he says things to motivate players but to an extent. I just don't see the logic in doing that with the QB's but not other positions like WR. Imo he probably has it narrowed down to two guys, but I could be wrong. If I had to guess it would be MJ and JJ. I also believe if a game was tomorrow he would know who the starter was, but he understands a lot can change from now till the first game, and he might see something in a player that he says he might make it by week 1 and that's why he is saying it's an open competition. JMO.