The QB Possibilities

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
With all the talk about our QB situation it got me to thinking, specifically about the QBs we had a shot at in recruiting but they chose to go elsewhere. Who were some of the QBs we've actually recruited during CPJ's tenure would liked to have seen is sign? Myself, I was sold on Devin Fuller a few years back and would've loved to see what he could've done in our offense. Love to hear you guy's thoughts

SlawDog

Banned
With all the talk about our QB situation it got me to thinking, specifically about the QBs we had a shot at in recruiting but they chose to go elsewhere. Who were some of the QBs we've actually recruited during CPJ's tenure would liked to have seen is sign? Myself, I was sold on Devin Fuller a few years back and would've loved to see what he could've done in our offense. Love to hear you guy's thoughts
Y'all please stop. We're loaded at QB with MJ leading the way.

GT_Dre27

Georgia Tech Fan
My thoughts are that the QB must be open to being a college football CPJ QB first and foremost and not come in with lofty dreams of being picked as an NFL QB. My reasoning is hinged on the mind set of the individual manning CPJ's offense.
When he has a clear mind that can focus solely on being a CPJ QB FIRST, then and only then will he be able to thrive and be successful in a Tech uniform at QB.
The guys that choose not to come to Tech for whatever reason did not, nor had no intention of buying into CPJ's system.... and this is key to the overall success of our unique system.
That's the guy I want competing for QB at Tech

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If they didn't go to Tech then I don't care about them.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I think Vic Viramontes would be our guy this year if he would've come.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Y'all please stop. We're loaded at QB with MJ leading the way.
I'm just looking to spark conversation. I like MJ a lot and I think that at his best he can be another Josh Nesbitt for us. Maybe even slightly better because I believe he can throw the ball better than Josh. Its the of season and I just wanna see what you guys think.

Last edited:

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I'm just looking to spark conversation. I like MJ a lot and I think that at his best he can be another Josh Nesbitt for us. Maybe even slightly better because I believe he can throw the ball better that Josh. Its the off season and I just you wanna see what you guys think.

GTFLETCH

Banned
As you would expect, Matt Jordan is an excellent athlete, capable of running the triple option attack for head coach Paul Johnson. At 6-foot-2 190 pounds, he’s physical enough in the run game to take the abuse that comes with being an option quarterback. He has excellent speed and lateral quickness, which will help him operate an offense that relies on impeccable timing.

Jordan isn’t one dimensional as a quarterback; he is an accomplished passer as well as runner. Unlike some option quarterbacks, Jordan looks very comfortable setting up in the pocket to deliver the ball. He has a nice, easy throwing motion with an efficient release that allows him to get the ball out on time. He could be one of the better throwing quarterbacks to play for Johnson during his time in Atlanta.

Read the whole article below

Link
http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-foot...cruiting-georgia-tech-adds-qb-matthew-jordan/

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
If matthew jordan is not the answer after spring game i say we get a 2yr transfer guy that can come in and get the job done but if he is start him but im not afraid of the transfer guy

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If matthew jordan is not the answer after spring game i say we get a 2yr transfer guy that can come in and get the job done but if he is start him but im not afraid of the transfer guy

You're not going to get a transfer QB that can come in and run the O. Have a little confidence is PJ and Candeto, they know what they have in MJ and PJ ain't worried.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
You're not going to get a transfer QB that can come in and run th O. Have a little confidence is PJ and Candeto, they know what they have in MJ and PJ ain't worried.
Yeah hopefully matthew jordan has it this yr he had it against Vt last yr hopefully he can do the same this yr i have confidence in him but it wouldnt hurt to bring in a transfer let him learn the system first u know thats if MJ dont work out

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Yeah hopefully matthew jordan has it this yr he had it against Vt last yr hopefully he can do the same this yr i have confidence in him but it wouldnt hurt to bring in a transfer let him learn the system first u know thats if MJ dont work out

A transfer would be behind both the the RS freshmen and, especially Taquan, in knowing, running the O. I just don't see wasting a scholarship on someone who has not worked in the system. I promise you the 2 RS freshmen would play rings around the usual transfer.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the storyline is not Matt Jordan it is the backup QB. Will Lucas Johnson or Jay Jones win it and push T.Marshall back to AB or will one of the RS QB move to another spot ala C. CAMPBELL. It will be interesting..

I would say TM goes back to AB. He needs to be there and make plays with his legs.
One of the others is 2nd string QB.
(No inside info, just my opinion)

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

Why in the world would we look for a transfer QB when no one else runs our offense when we have 4 guys completing for the position now?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the backup QB discussion is worth kicking around. I feel very confident MJ holds off all challengers, but the order of the backups will be critical, IMO. If Jay Jones has a leg up (simply based on CPJ's praise), it could push TM back to AB. Then you have to wonder about LJ being 3rd (or 4th) in line. Of all the backups, he seems least likely to be a position change candidate.

I don't want to lose any of them, so my hope is that whomever ends up 4th in line will switch positions and be able to contribute rather than leave.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

Have to develop qbs from within the system beginning their freshman year when running an offense with a lot of reads and timing or you end up like Oregon.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
The wild card as regards the backup will be Tobias Oliver when he arrives this fall. I think that Jordan will be a solid starter, with Johnson being the likely # 2. I think Jordan will suprise many as a passer particularly if our OL gels and stays healthy and can pass protect.