The most disappointing stat from yesterday was...attendance.

Deleted member 2897

Branding - I'd say verdict out. Have we seen a noticeable improvement? (this current thread says not yet). Basketball seems to be on an upswing though.
uniform supplier - Russel was leaving the business. No matter who the AD was, we were switching. I don't personally care if it was Adidas, Nike, or Under Armor. I personally think the Adidas contract was very weak. I give Stansbury the benefit of the doubt here because we had almost no leverage. I can't see this as a positive in his favor, however.
locker room, weight room - If Stansbury is the reason an anonymous donor came forward and help pay for it, then awesome.
edge building - Not sure I agree that new buildings equates to positive program direction (DRad would win that hands down).
capital campaign - As AD, it is his job to secure money. I expect this, and I am glad he has a plan. If this is a success, I would count that as a positive direction.
flex tickets - those have been available before

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay.
We're allowed to disagree and have a discussion. Your antagonizing posts offer nothing to the conversation. You offered your opinions, I offered mine. Since all you seem to want to do is "haha" and "okay" me then I'll search for others to discuss with. Have a good one.

Deleted member 2897

We're allowed to disagree and have a discussion. Your antagonizing posts offer nothing to the conversation. You offered your opinions, I offered mine. Since all you seem to want to do is "haha" and "okay" me then I'll search for others to discuss with. Have a good one.

You have me confused with someone else. I gave a long list of things Stansbury has done.

Now having said that, I actually now will probably annoy you. Your response to poopoo everything however makes me glad I’m not married to you. I can only imagine what that perspective all day must be like. I’m sorry if that’s antagonizing, but jiminy Christmas. Stansbury could invent time travel and you’d say “well it was bound to happen at some point.”

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
You have me confused with someone else. I gave a long list of things Stansbury has done.

Now having said that, I actually now will probably annoy you. Your response to poopoo everything however makes me glad I’m not married to you. I can only imagine what that perspective all day must be like. I’m sorry if that’s antagonizing, but jiminy Christmas. Stansbury could invent time travel and you’d say “well it was bound to happen at some point.”
Not annoyed. As I said, have a good one.

I'm pretty optimistic about most things and generally try to refute people being openly critical of players. I raised my concern with the direction Todd is taking us, and that was all. I am sure you won't, but feel free to look at my previous posts and find me poopoo'ing anything, you may be surprised.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Too much is being said about Alcorn St in this thread. Yes we have attendance problems. But I've seen similar sized crowds at BDS for ACC coastal opponents.

Too hot? Wake Forest was homecoming last year and played at night. Wasn't even close to a sellout.

I will just keep going to all of the games with my loyal group of sidewalk fans who don't seem to mind that I'm an alum and wonder silently why more people don't want to come out and support our student athletes for all that they do to entertain us. Oh, and I still get to enjoy the replay on my big tv later. It's the best of both worlds. Personally there's nothing I would rather do on a fall Saturday than go to BDS and watch a game.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Too much is being said about Alcorn St in this thread. Yes we have attendance problems. But I've seen similar sized crowds at BDS for ACC coastal opponents.

Too hot? Wake Forest was homecoming last year and played at night. Wasn't even close to a sellout.

I will just keep going to all of the games with my loyal group of sidewalk fans who don't seem to mind that I'm an alum and wonder silently why more people don't want to come out and support our student athletes for all that they do to entertain us. Oh, and I still get to enjoy the replay on my big tv later. It's the best of both worlds. Personally there's nothing I would rather do on a fall Saturday than go to BDS and watch a game.
I think we have institutional issues that will take years to overcome. I thought the "Football 101" initiative they started a while ago was a good concept to introduce our large international students to the sport. At the end of the day though, we are a small school (compared to our football contemporaries), and our graduates are more prone to leaving the south. This means we do need to try engaging the Atlanta sidewalk fan as others in this thread have pointed out. I would love for Tech to foster a bigger relationship with schools in the city by providing severely discounted (or free) tickets. Growing fans organically by letting them attend games where the seats are empty anyways seems like a great way to achieve this.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

I understand your point. That’s why I looked into it. 25 years of attendance data. And it’s basically this ... without strong opponents that are a good draw, an urban school with low alumni density should expect about 42,000 fans more or less. We will never sell out to watch almost anyone in the ACC, except maybe Clemson because it’s drivable. That’s not me ... that’s the attendance data.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Says the guy who watches the game from his couch.

Do you or would you fly or drive into Atlanta from Milwaukee every game? If so you are the super fan....and either rich, going broke, both?, and maybe crazy.

I don’t criticize any out of state fans (or those more than a couple hours drive away) for not attending. But if you live within a two hour drive, and never attend, you are probably part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

I think crappy gameday crowds are the biggest negative in recruiting. Bigger than academics and bigger than facilities.

I understand people have commitments and busy lives. I’m not saying every fan should be at every game. But you should be at some or don’t complain about results or mediocrity (unless you are big time donater).

But as a fan base, we suck. We suck by not showing up. We suck with a lack of excitement, noise, etc. when we do show up. We might average one good crowd a year. But it better be a big game and at night or it ain’t happening.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Do you or would you fly or drive into Atlanta from Milwaukee every game? If so you are the super fan....and either rich, going broke, both?, and maybe crazy.

I don’t criticize any out of state fans (or those more than a couple hours drive away) for not attending. But if you live within a two hour drive, and never attend, you are probably part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

I think crappy gameday crowds are the biggest negative in recruiting. Bigger than academics and bigger than facilities.

I understand people have commitments and busy lives. I’m not saying every fan should be at every game. But you should be at some or don’t complain about results or mediocrity (unless you are big time donater).

But as a fan base, we suck. We suck by not showing up. We suck with a lack of excitement, noise, etc. when we do show up. We might average one good crowd a year. But it better be a big game and at night or it ain’t happening.

^^^^ Well said, sir. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

I think we beat ourselves up too much on attendance. Give the school and location, we actually doing ok.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I understand your point. That’s why I looked into it. 25 years of attendance data. And it’s basically this ... without strong opponents that are a good draw, an urban school with low alumni density should expect about 42,000 fans more or less. We will never sell out to watch almost anyone in the ACC, except maybe Clemson because it’s drivable. That’s not me ... that’s the attendance data.
I get your point, but I hate the idea that we only get a good crowd when 40% are wearing the other color. I also think that our "attendance" is based on ticket sales and not actual head count.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I get your point, but I hate the idea that we only get a good crowd when 40% are wearing the other color. I also think that our "attendance" is based on ticket sales and not actual head count.

Personally, I love the game day experience of a mostly full stadium. I think in the long run it helps. True about sales vs. actual.