The Lew Effect

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
For better or worse the buffed look seems to be what the coaches want & the players seem to be gaining confidence due to it.

At least it won't be long before our hated rival will not be able to post a pregame picture asking "do you guys even work out?"
The ironic thing is they posted that crap against they guy who broke their hearts in ‘16. I guess it sucks getting beat by a scrawny sob.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Who knows, maybe Bolt has terrible hands and could never catch a football. I guess he could still be a great safety.

I would take a great athlete over a very strong person any day of the week and twice on Sunday. However, great athletes gaining strength is a very positive thing.

Don't make too much out of the numbers. There is a natural cycle every year to weight lifting results. Every player on the team is weaker after game 12 than they were on August 1. Also, losing the older (and hopefully strongest) kids on the roster at the end of the year lowers numbers. The most meaningful stat to ask is: how many players could rep 20 at the same time last year? I have no idea what the answer would be. We may actually be getting stronger as a team, and if we are, there is no negative to such a thing. Strength only improves your abilities. Heck, even PGA tour golfers are figuring that stuff out now. No receiver will lose speed because they can lift more. That is a fallacy. As long as they are stretching and running during their training, they will be fine.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like the new transparency of the S and C.

Weight gains, lifts, effort guys, etc.

Don't know if we are stronger than last year.
But next year we will know if we are stronger or weaker than this year.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Any reasoning why NFL teams didn't offer him the chance to work out? Or maybe they did offer him, he turned it down, and nothing ever went public about it?
Maybe he is like 90% of the world and thinks he would love to play the real (foot ball) and make that money with out potential head injury. Only in America do we think our sport is something everyone would want to do. He played soccer, they make crazy money (Lionel Messea made 111 million in 2018) enough said.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You are right that I approached that from an American lens. There's no more glory available in the American sporting world than in front of 30m eyes on Sundays.

bos

Helluva Engineer
Average weight of scholarship OL in 2018 was 288.25 lbs. The average weight of OL on the roster right now is 300.6 lbs. Not having a freshman/first year at the position may help as they tend to weigh less. All returning OLmen have gained weight for an average of 13.3 pounds.

2018: 5 out of 16 (31%) OL weigh over 290 lbs.
2019: 11 out of 12 (92%) OL weigh over 290 lbs.

Last edited:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Average weight of scholarship OL in 2018 was 288.25 lbs. The average weight of OL on the roster right now is 300.6 lbs. Not having a freshman/first year at the position may help as they tend to weigh less. All returning OLmen have gained weight for an average of 13.3 pounds.

What’s the DL looking like?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I like cheeses have OPTIMISM about coach key and the ol.

I wonder what the metrics we will use to measure ol in this new offense scheme. For example, The way we double team a stud dl will be critical. Cant let thier key rusher get our guys on an island. Since holding is legal we shouldnt be terrible.

When we went to pj offense it was hard for ol guys to learn, but it was real hard for other teams to learn to defend. Our record against cross conference atlantic opponents was perfect!! . Now our ol are going to be doing techniques that the other teams know all about.. i say early in the year we don't panic if we are called for holding!!!

If in this transition year, Key shows he can mold this group into a solid ol, the future for gt will be very bright.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Bos, you are the weight stats boss!