The Lew Effect

ScGold

Banned
Hey, I benched 225 2 times this week. Only 18 more to go.

(But I'm one of the over 60s on the board and was surprised I could actually do it.)

And to go further off post, I spoke with a former Tech lineman who was on the Orange Bowl team that will remain unidentified this past week, yet another example of fine young men that graduated from the institute. Seems like the men I meet that were former players are extremely sharp. He had nothing but respect for CPJ and the rest of the former staff.
What did you think he'd say? Seriously

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's pretty impressive. The clip is Antonneous Clayton doing 41 reps of 225 lbs on bench press (the video doesn't show all reps). For reference, over the last five NFL combines, only two players (Harrison Phillips and Vita Vea) have hit that mark. It still drives me crazy that the NCAA didn't approve his waiver given his circumstances. I hope he can get another year through an injury waiver.

Jolly Good Fellow
Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's pretty impressive. The clip is Antonneous Clayton doing 41 reps of 225 lbs on bench press (the video doesn't show all reps). For reference, over the last five NFL combines, only two players (Harrison Phillips and Vita Vea) have hit that mark. It still drives me crazy that the NCAA didn't approve his waiver given his circumstances. I hope he can get another year through an injury waiver.

Where is this guy's spotter? I'm not kidding, WHERE IS HIS DAMN SPOTTER? S&C coach will go ballistic when he sees this vid...maxing out free weight bench press reps is dangerous to begin with but it is stupid dangerous without someone behind you , holding the bar ....Please, AC, don't ever do this again...

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Where is this guy's spotter? I'm not kidding, WHERE IS HIS DAMN SPOTTER? S&C coach will go ballistic when he sees this vid...maxing out free weight bench press reps is dangerous to begin with but it is stupid dangerous without someone behind you , holding the bar ....Please, AC, don't ever do this again...

He’s not maxing out if he’s doing 41 reps. My guess is that his max is mid 400s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolly Good Fellow
My guess is that they are on the sides. I've seen it with other power lifters on youtube that the spotters will grab the ends of the bar rather than in the middle.
Okay....good to know...I've never seen those Youtube vids ...however the "bending moment of distributed load" at system failure while controlling for two fixed anchor points is diff EQ beyond my abilities....I'd suggest a spotter in the middle of the f***ing bar...but what do I know about weight lifting....

Animal02

Banned
Okay....good to know...I've never seen those Youtube vids ...however the "bending moment of distributed load" at system failure while controlling for two fixed anchor points is diff EQ beyond my abilities....I'd suggest a spotter in the middle of the f***ing bar...but what do I know about weight lifting....
Almost impossible for someone to be in the middle with the structure set up....unless they were straddling the lifter.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Nerd post of the day goes to....