The Lew Effect

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I like cheeses have OPTIMISM about coach key and the ol.

I wonder what the metrics we will use to measure ol in this new offense scheme. For example, The way we double team a stud dl will be critical. Cant let thier key rusher get our guys on an island. Since holding is legal we shouldnt be terrible.

When we went to pj offense it was hard for ol guys to learn, but it was real hard for other teams to learn to defend. Our record against cross conference atlantic opponents was perfect!! . Now our ol are going to be doing techniques that the other teams know all about.. i say early in the year we don't panic if we are called for holding!!!

If in this transition year, Key shows he can mold this group into a solid ol, the future for gt will be very bright.
The thing I worry about if he does as good with the OL as I think he could get a head coaching job

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
The thing I worry about if he does as good with the OL as I think he could get a head coaching job

Things like that are going to happen if we have success, these guys are good recruiters, always in demand, but I kind of think coaches will want to come here and work and learn and be apart of what's going on here, all in my opinion of course and I have been wrong before.

slugboy

Staff member
Things like that are going to happen if we have success, these guys are good recruiters, always in demand, but I kind of think coaches will want to come here and work and learn and be apart of what's going on here, all in my opinion of course and I have been wrong before.

Losing coaches to head coaching isn’t a bad problem unless you don’t find a replacement as good as they were. What should happen is an up and coming coach should see that open job as a great place to be and a great opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-7-26_9-23-6.png

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I generally agree with this (I have never played line but my understanding is that there are very few pulling motions while playing so biceps/hamstrings are completely useless muscles for football)

Well, unless you play for Duke. Then pulling and holding strength matter a lot.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey, I benched 225 2 times this week. Only 18 more to go.

(But I'm one of the over 60s on the board and was surprised I could actually do it.)

And to go further off post, I spoke with a former Tech lineman who was on the Orange Bowl team that will remain unidentified this past week, yet another example of fine young men that graduated from the institute. Seems like the men I meet that were former players are extremely sharp. He had nothing but respect for CPJ and the rest of the former staff.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hey, I benched 225 2 times this week. Only 18 more to go.

(But I'm one of the over 60s on the board and was surprised I could actually do it.)

And to go further off post, I spoke with a former Tech lineman who was on the Orange Bowl team that will remain unidentified this past week, yet another example of fine young men that graduated from the institute. Seems like the men I meet that were former players are extremely sharp. He had nothing but respect for CPJ and the rest of the former staff.
Blasphemy! ;)

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
All I know is that CGC and Key have coached in premier programs in the country. Programs we aspire to be in terms of national prominence and being competitive.

If they are commending coach Lew like they have been, then that’s good enough for me to say that we are on the right track. If coach Lew was doing something wrong Key and CGC would know it. This isn’t their first rodeo inside an elite program.