The future of GT football

Animal02

Banned
I’ll have to agree with the hype and the dancing part of this. Earn the right to dance and yuck it up on the sideline. Hype and dancing just looks foolish if you can’t deliver.
The hype has been over the top stupid. Even after the scraped out a questionable win (I will still take it) last week......there was all this talk of "historic first win". Historic? Bullcrap.....even BL won a game.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
First step is to dump DP.
Second step is to drop all the hype BS until you actually prove you can coach.
Third step, stop all the sideline gimmicks, act like you are there to win games, not have some dance party.

The apologists keep point to the 3 game prediction......how many time were we predicted to do badly, and ended up 1st or second in the coastal, and the CPJ haters still were not satisfied? This team has the talent to win 6 games this year ....but the coaching talent to barely win 3..... and we are just supposed to accept that?.
Animal
Agree mostly,
DP is going to have to step up his coaching, I know Collins and him are good buddies. Cpj had a few of those, but Collins is going to have to out pressure on him to get.the offense going or start looking for someone else

The hype is corny, but the team enjoys it, guess I'm one that thinks of the team likes it, it's ok since we had almost no.hype under cpj.

Collins has a lot to prove, here all I want is to see him succeed and not have us searching for a new coach next year

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
Animal
Agree mostly,
DP is going to have to step up his coaching, I know Collins and him are good buddies. Cpj had a few of those, but Collins is going to have to out pressure on him to get.the offense going or start looking for someone else

The hype is corny, but the team enjoys it, guess I'm one that thinks of the team likes it, it's ok since we had almost no.hype under cpj.

Collins has a lot to prove, here all I want is to see him succeed and not have us searching for a new coach next year

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Hype comes after you win.........not before.......I doubt we are looking for a new coach next year since TStan gave him a SEVEN year contract....but that is another story.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins truly is a snake oil salesman.

At his opening presser, it was Tech didn’t have championship level talent, then we didn’t have ACC level talent, then we didn’t have FBS level now. Now, he’s got people convinced we don’t even have FCS level talent.

There’s not a single damn thing anyone can ever say about previous coaches that equals the embarrassment of what Collins did to our program yesterday. It took him all of Game 3 to drive this program to the ditch. Game freakin 3.

Still waiting on a reason for why Patenaude could score boatloads of points at Coastal against equal opposition but can’t here against “lesser”...

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Speaking of which, how you were not banned after the post you made yesterday is beyond me. You know, the one the Mods immediately deleted regarding CPJ and another poster? Any talk of a vendetta from you needs to come with a huge grain of salt, especially considering your posts.

Considering the post i replied to, no way I should be.

Banning me is totally fine. It’s not as if we talk about actually football content anymore on here. It’s either GT will never be great at football or Navy suck.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Still waiting on a reason for why Patenaude could score boatloads of points at Coastal against equal opposition but can’t here against “lesser”...
Wow, you've really been grasping at straws here buddy. It's the same reason Nick Saban couldn't cut it in the pros. His skills don't translate well at a more difficult level. That or we got duped into a washed up coach.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow, you've really been grasping at straws here buddy. It's the same reason Nick Saban couldn't cut it in the pros. His skills don't translate well at a more difficult level. That or we got duped into a washed up coach.

The Citadel is at the level he smoked. Think. Or do you have such limited football knowledge you did not even know what level Coastal played at during he’s tenure?

Animal02

Banned

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Banning me is totally fine. It’s not as if we talk about actually football content anymore on here. It’s either GT will never be great at football or Navy suck.
If we're being honest here ballin, the lack of football talk kind of started with the influx of the new hype filled koolaid drinkers. People being more excited that "CGC is a media genius" then being an actual head football coach. We did used to talk about football here, and I hope you stick around because your defensive analysis' are always fun to watch/read and learn from.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Seriously. There’s also a ridiculous policy of anyone can crap all over every coach we ever had or currently have except the last guy that quit.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Yes we were acting like a D1 school. Just because we weren't Miami esk like we are now in all the wrong departments, doesn't mean we were not acting like a D1 school. We were a pretty good program. And you were lucky and helped to make a few pretty nice teams. You surely cannot be happy with the apparent direction the team is going from yesterday. I don't understand your hate for the previous coaching.

D1 programs don’t scholarship strap their programs
D1 programs do not alienate their Metro City schools & media
D1 programs do not deemphasize recruiting

Am i happy about yesterday? Hell no!!! But i understand we are at ground zero and totally embraced the fact these disjointed parts we have may not get us to a bowl game that i expected.

Hate? Lol cmon on man. Only criticism I’ve ever had of CPJ was his stubbornness to evolve

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
It's the same reason Nick Saban couldn't cut it in the pros. His skills don't translate well at a more difficult level. That or we got duped into a washed up coach.
I believe coaches get too tight with their assistant coaches and won't make a move for the betterment of the program. I know its early in the season and it would be a knee jerk decision to dismiss a particular coach, but so far the offensive coaches seem to have struggled to name a starting QB and are trying to perform plays we simply can't do. We're weak on the offensive line. Our offensive strength is one quarterback that can run and Jordan Mason. We're not playing to our strengths. We're trying to be something that we are not.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
If we're being honest here ballin, the lack of football talk kind of started with the influx of the new hype filled koolaid drinkers. People being more excited that "CGC is a media genius" then being an actual head football coach. We did used to talk about football here, and I hope you stick around because your defensive analysis' are always fun to watch/read and learn from.

Lol no it didn’t. This happened WELL before CGC arrived

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Slept on it. Yup, the loss still sucks and is embarrassing.

How some of you "fans" are reacting also sucks and is embarrassing.

Let's let the year play out. Yes, no way GT should ever lose to a Citadel type team, but there's no way we should have to rely on walk ons as much as we do. Maybe some of the reactions will be proven correct, and maybe this thread will prove how much overreaction fans can have.

We'll see. Still need to support our players and program. As they say, it gets darker before the dawn...

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
D1 programs don’t scholarship strap their programs
D1 programs do not alienate their Metro City schools & media
D1 programs do not deemphasize recruiting

Am i happy about yesterday? Hell no!!! But i understand we are at ground zero and totally embraced the fact these disjointed parts we have may not get us to a bowl game that i expected.

Hate? Lol cmon on man. Only criticism I’ve ever had of CPJ was his stubbornness to evolve
I guess we have criticism for everyone sometimes, including people we like/respect.

I think all your other objections could be considered fair enough, although I don't agree with much of it. I think all this media stuff everyone is excited about is worth next to nothing as far as long term value to the program, just look to Josh pastner for proof.

The way CPJ recruited was his philosophy and some/lots don't agree with it, but I thought it was admirable the way he didn't cut/gray shirt players. Honestly current recruiting class is around very similar eating, there's just more of them.