The future of GT football

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
CCU scored 31 and 38 against The Citadel when he was there. Why was he able to do so much better against them with that roster than this one?

Not a super hard thing to figure out.

Quit acting like coaching wasn't the predominant reason we lost yesterday. Having said that it's not a complete indictment on his future. If we are that thin on OL, then WTF was jazz Lee playing DL all summer instead of us working on getting a good group of OL set.

Here's my deal. CGC has a lot of sound bites about being able to practice all of these different playsets in the offense because they run 3 huddles simultaneously and how with position flexibility you can play OL on DL and vice versa. That sounds great and innovative until it starts to not work.

I will give him another couple of years. I personally don't care much for his overall schtick, but I do value that he cares for his players and speaks well of the institute. He clearly wants to win. I hope he can get it done.

Animal02

Banned
We lost to a FCS program that should not happen but it did. I still like CGC but you have to learn from your mistakes we will see if that happens. CGC is a good defensive coach but he needs to see what his offensive coordinator is doing. Like people said about CPJ he needs to see what is going on with the defense. You are a head coach that means you are responsible for the offense , defense, and special teams. If you have a QB that is moving the team and on the next series changes the QB you need to ask him why. Don't give me this ATL crap, we are not Clemson or Alabama. It's not that hard for an average defensive coordinator to put a game plan together if you run certain plays with each QB. If you are a offensive coordinator you should be able to find passing plays that work for your running QB and running plays that will work for your passing QB. Like I said I still like CGC but if things don't get better on offense and we have the same OC next well ……
Oh and those who say we will be OK with 3 or 4 losing seasons to turn this around , I don't see it.
I agree. Two sub .300 seasons with no signs of improvement, people will be calling for his head and TStan

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
We lost to a FCS program that should not happen but it did. I still like CGC but you have to learn from your mistakes we will see if that happens. CGC is a good defensive coach but he needs to see what his offensive coordinator is doing. Like people said about CPJ he needs to see what is going on with the defense. You are a head coach that means you are responsible for the offense , defense, and special teams. If you have a QB that is moving the team and on the next series changes the QB you need to ask him why. Don't give me this ATL crap, we are not Clemson or Alabama. It's not that hard for an average defensive coordinator to put a game plan together if you run certain plays with each QB. If you are a offensive coordinator you should be able to find passing plays that work for your running QB and running plays that will work for your passing QB. Like I said I still like CGC but if things don't get better on offense and we have the same OC next well ……
Oh and those who say we will be OK with 3 or 4 losing seasons to turn this around , I don't see it.

Exactly. Head coach is responsible for both sides of the ball, the one thing I had continual issues with CPJ for. If he had somehow stressed/improved the defense, his offensive schemes would have worked much, much better. But it’s like he didn’t even accept that defense was also his responsibility, I really felt like he wanted to only be OC. Now it seems we have a HC that’s not paying attention to the offensive side of the ball. I really don’t see how that many football minds (getting paid pretty impressive amounts of money) could not see what was productive offensively yesterday, and just keep doing it. Even if it wasn’t exactly the style of offense you truly want to run.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
CCU scored 31 and 38 against The Citadel when he was there. Why was he able to do so much better against them with that roster than this one?

Not a super hard thing to figure out.

Collins truly is a snake oil salesman.

At his opening presser, it was Tech didn’t have championship level talent, then we didn’t have ACC level talent, then we didn’t have FBS level now. Now, he’s got people convinced we don’t even have FCS level talent.

There’s not a single damn thing anyone can ever say about previous coaches that equals the embarrassment of what Collins did to our program yesterday. It took him all of Game 3 to drive this program to the ditch. Game freakin 3.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
It is comical to see the apologists now insist that anyone that does not like what has happened in the last few months are just supposed to shut up and accept it......considering their behavior the last 11 years. :rolleyes:
Animal,
Since you are so vocal right now about your dislike of this coaching staff , what would you like to see done ?

Keep in mind, predictions already had us at a 3 win at most season this year, we can't afford to dump.collins after one season, oc maybe. But no head coach will.come here if the fans don't even allow for a full season of implementation of their system

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Coaching is the problem.

A coach that on the radio postgame made, in hindsight, a very interesting remark for an excuse at the ineptitude he displayed today. That this “transition” is monumental in the history of college football. He said it twice in 60 seconds. Yes transitions can be tough. But this is what he was paid to do. And honestly...it’s only monumental because he’s in way over his head apparently.

I agree with you, but he said it three times in 60 seconds. Someone better tell him to stop saying that line because it comes off as he is not not willing to take the blame for the crap show we saw.

Animal02

Banned

At his opening presser, it was Tech didn’t have championship level talent, then we didn’t have ACC level talent, then we didn’t have FBS level now. Now, he’s got people convinced we don’t even have FCS level talent.

There’s not a single damn thing anyone can ever say about previous coaches that equals the embarrassment of what Collins did to our program yesterday. It took him all of Game 3 to drive this program to the ditch. Game freakin 3.
And what is sad is there a lot of "fans" willing to throw the players under the bus just like him.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
You do know this board keep records of our previous post right?
Speaking of which, how you were not banned after the post you made yesterday is beyond me. You know, the one the Mods immediately deleted regarding CPJ and another poster? Any talk of a vendetta from you needs to come with a huge grain of salt, especially considering your posts.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with you, but he said it three times in 60 seconds. Someone better tell him to stop saying that line because it comes off as he is not not willing to take the blame for the crap show we saw.

I keyed in on that as well. Using that term over and over, it’s almost like he’s in danger of building it up to be something no one can do...maybe even meaning himself as well. If you focus on how impossibly hard something is, don’t you in fact make it harder?

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer

Anyone remember our season last year, let alone the bowl.game that everyone said we should just skip. Yeah it's not like Collins inherited a championship team and tanked it.
I'm not giving him a pass, but some of.you all act like we were some high and mighty team before this season, the writing was there even last year, hell if cpj was.here this year I still believe we could have lost yesterday.
Yesterday should have never happened, cpj had a game or two like this one, but we also allowed him the chance to fix it.
Lets hope two weeks from.now Collins will have some of this fixed

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

You must be a (relatively) young Tech fan. We have been beaten and tied by Furman. Bobby Ross won 2 and 3 games his first two years. Be patient, This too shall pass grasshopper.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm not giving him a pass, but some of.you all act like we were some high and mighty team before this season, the writing was there even last year, hell if cpj was.here this year I still believe we could have lost yesterday.
Yesterday should have never happened, cpj had a game or two like this one, but we also allowed him the chance to fix it.
Lets hope two weeks from.now Collins will have some of this fixed

I am of the opinion that Paul knew what was in store. A coach knows his team. I don't believe he (or any coach) would have left if he thought he had a great nucleus coming back. Of course, this is all speculation.

Animal02

Banned
Animal,
Since you are so vocal right now about your dislike of this coaching staff , what would you like to see done ?

Keep in mind, predictions already had us at a 3 win at most season this year, we can't afford to dump.collins after one season, oc maybe. But no head coach will.come here if the fans don't even allow for a full season of implementation of their system

First step is to dump DP.
Second step is to drop all the hype BS until you actually prove you can coach.
Third step, stop all the sideline gimmicks, act like you are there to win games, not have some dance party.

The apologists keep point to the 3 game prediction......how many time were we predicted to do badly, and ended up 1st or second in the coastal, and the CPJ haters still were not satisfied? This team has the talent to win 6 games this year ....but the coaching talent to barely win 3..... and we are just supposed to accept that?.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
First step is to dump DP.
Second step is to drop all the hype BS until you actually prove you can coach.
Third step, stop all the sideline gimmicks, act like you are there to win games, not have some dance party.

The apologists keep point to the 3 game prediction......how many time were we predicted to do badly, and ended up 1st or second in the coastal, and the CPJ haters still were not satisfied? This team has the talent to win 6 games this year ....but the coaching talent to barely win 3..... and we are just supposed to accept that?.

I’ll have to agree with the hype and the dancing part of this. Earn the right to dance and yuck it up on the sideline. Hype and dancing just looks foolish if you can’t deliver.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
We were acting like a D1 program before? Fooled me
Yes we were acting like a D1 school. Just because we weren't Miami esk like we are now in all the wrong departments, doesn't mean we were not acting like a D1 school. We were a pretty good program. And you were lucky and helped to make a few pretty nice teams. You surely cannot be happy with the apparent direction the team is going from yesterday. I don't understand your hate for the previous coaching.