The future of GT football

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
I wanna go to sleep and wake up in 2 years when we have some of our new recruits in place with a bit of experience, have good depth on OL and DL, have our highly rated transfers integrated in well, and have an identity on both O and D.

Going through this sucks and I've been sad as hell all day but I still think the future of GT football is bright.

I wanna go to sleep and wake up in 2 years when we have some of our new recruits in place with a bit of experience, have good depth on OL and DL, have our highly rated transfers integrated in well, and have an identity on both O and D.

Going through this sucks and I've been sad as hell all day but I still think the future of GT football is bright.
I am sure I will cool off in a couple of days and think more rationally, but right now I am pissed as hell, and I don't see a bright future at all.

LOL I laugh at this every time. We are not Alabama, UGA, Florida, Clemson. We cannot recruit those players. We are more like Duke, Stanford, with a limitation on majors. " Son, can you pass Calculus." that is why maybe we are more like the service academies than we like to admit. I have watched 50 years of Tech football.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
LOL I laugh at this every time. We are not Alabama, UGA, Florida, Clemson. We cannot recruit those players. We are more like Duke, Stanford, with a limitation on majors. " Son, can you pass Calculus." that is why maybe we are more like the service academies than we like to admit. I have watched 50 years of Tech football.

It’s not real calculus. You can take it at Georgia Perimeter. We are NOTHING like the service academies.

Eli

Helluva Engineer

The future looks a lot like today. We do not have that bad of talent that people keep saying we do

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
The future looks a lot like today. We do not have that bad of talent that people keep saying we do
Yeah, but i think some more time to practice and perfect a new scheme would go a long way.
And then some positions have great guys but they don't fit the new scheme as well as they fit the old scheme

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
You dont know this to be true at all. Coach has already put a top 25 class together.

Based on quantity of players, mainly. But, I will give you it is a good start, but until he gets big DL's and big inside LB's that have motors, I will hold up believing we are in for some recruiting renaissance.

You did see the part in my quote where I said "specifically big nasties"? This means game changing DL's, and especially DT's.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Bronco Mendenhall came to Virginia in 2015
He went 2-10 his first season
Then 6-7
Then 8-5
Now they are the favorites in the coastal this season.
If we had scored that TD in regulation we would feel better but the team wouldn’t be better.

I liked seeing some fire from coach. As much as we have depth, talent, injury, and experience issues, you can’t lose that game. It was poorly coached and I’m sure he would be the first to tell you. Hopefully we get some guys back on OL and coach everyone up. Temple wants to put a hurt on us, and they are better than Citadel.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Based on quantity of players, mainly. But, I will give you it is a good start, but until he gets big DL's and big inside LB's that have motors, I will hold up believing we are in for some recruiting renaissance.

Its not just based on quantity, anymore. OL recruiting looks pretty good. DL isn't there yet, but it will be.