The future of GT football

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Very tough loss yesterday! There is no question that CGC is still learning how to be a head coach. I think a big question concerning the future of our football program is how will he respond to the adversity he now faces as a result of yesterday’s performance. Hopefully, he’s able to do what all quality leaders do in similar situations-humbly look at and correct your mistakes, then move on confidently to the next task.

Very tough loss yesterday! There is no question that CGC is still learning how to be a head coach. I think a big question concerning the future of our football program is how will he respond to the adversity he now faces as a result of yesterday’s performance. Hopefully, he’s able to do what all quality leaders do in similar situations-humbly look at and correct your mistakes, then move on confidently to the next task.
If he doesn't, then he won't even last 2 years. He will end up being BL 2

Animal02

Banned
Someone running a P5 football program should NOT be learning how to head coach. If he truly needs to learn how to head coach.......than TStan should be out the door.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Losing to The Citadel is completely unacceptable. Jimmy’s and the Joe’s may not fit the X’s and the O’s and that can be a realistic excuse for probably 10 of our games, maybe even 11, but not against The Citadel. This was horrible coaching. A few people close to the program claim the scout team didn’t run the option this week?! Uhhhh what?

This was a disaster. Doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed, but this was a complete and utter disaster and anyone who doesn’t think so has drank way too much of the kool-aid. That was the worst coached football game on any level that I have ever seen. We were dominated by a team with half the talent.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
They need to bring in some very good ex pro coaches this week to evaluate every aspect of the game or this will not be a learning experience.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This part of your post is truly amazing.

It’s all second hand info from two people I know at church who are close to the program. Over the years both of them have told me good and bad things about the CCG regime and CPJ regime and most of what they said normally ended up being backed up, so I don’t have real reason to doubt this, but it seems asinine.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Losing to The Citadel is completely unacceptable. Jimmy’s and the Joe’s may not fit the X’s and the O’s and that can be a realistic excuse for probably 10 of our games, maybe even 11, but not against The Citadel. This was horrible coaching. A few people close to the program claim the scout team didn’t run the option this week?! Uhhhh what?

This was a disaster. Doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed, but this was a complete and utter disaster and anyone who doesn’t think so has drank way too much of the kool-aid. That was the worst coached football game on any level that I have ever seen. We were dominated by a team with half the talent.

Didn’t coach Collins state in an interview or call in show earlier in the year that they do not run the opposing team’s offense in practice? Something to the effect of practicing against our own offensive and defensive schemes? I swear he has stated that.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Collins himself said the scout team never runs the opponent’s sets. Neither the O nor D on the scout team does.

He said that in reference this year to the fact we run a system everyone does so its not needed as intently since the calls are the calls for those offenses

We ran the option in scout this week. I promise you

slugboy

Staff member
Mike Leach was successful at Texas Tech. He got ran off by a powerful alumni. Now all the others want him back.

That’s overlooking a lot.
Adam James had a concussion. Leach wanted him to go back in the game anyway. James refused. Leach punished him by sitting James in an equipment shed during practice.
Texas Tech suspended him for the bowl game, because that was inappropriate behavior. They didn’t fire him until he sued Texas Tech for suspending him.
And if that behavior had been the exception rather than the rule, do you think Texas Tech might have given him a slap on the wrist instead?

https://www.csmonitor.com/layout/se...ired-Texas-Tech-coach-s-methods-seen-as-cruel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Do you know that for certain? As in you witnessed it?

100 percent certain. In fact to prove it listen to collins presser the past week at the 7:20 min mark. Ken asks this exact question. He says in the past u said you dont run the developmental squad per opponent scheme do you this week. Collins said yes. And the familiarity of that option with our scout team enables us to run it faster and not have to teach em.

100 percent certain the scout team ran it.

This rumor is a fake pile on hitjob like the msm does. Unreal