The future of GT football

So then it is a coaching failure not to fit their system to available players....and they get paid millions to do that.
I can remember being really PO'd at Ross for doing more or less the same thing, but then he turned it around and look what happened. Of course he had Ralph Fridgen to make it happen, and Dave Patenaude is no Ralph Fridgen.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Our cash flow will implode if Collins does not suceeed.

We are building new edge center and other nice things while we are only making interest payments on 200,000,000 debt.

Yes, it would have been great to have done a real coach search in advance of cpj retiring. Perhaps we would have figured out we need to spend lots of money on a coaching staff.

. So if we dump this oc are we willing to donate a lot more to get a much better oc?

With the ACCN payouts, local attendance wont matter. They’ll have their content. And the six people that would have showed up can watch it with a cold one at Hudson’s.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Well...we cant change our talent at this very moment so what should we do? Demand our players fit into a scheme that doesnt fit their skills? Thats what patenope is doing...the guy is a tool
It’s not like he can run the triple option. Even if they did run it, expecting the results to be the same as CPJ(The Godfather of the option) is absurd.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not happy either guys, but the fact is that we have no o-line , or qb for that matter to have any kind of passing game. That is a major issue. We are undersized at nearly every position on both sides of the ball. Yes , you can say the d should have been better against fcs school, but they played ok and the option gives people trouble, just like Army and Michigan, and that is not a call for CPJ. CPJ is gone and CGC is recruiting well it seems to rectify these problems. It’s not time to hit the panic button, lets at least give it to October before we fire everyone. GO JACKETS

I can remember being really PO'd at Ross for doing more or less the same thing, but then he turned it around and look what happened. Of course he had Ralph Fridgen to make it happen, and Dave Patenaude is no Ralph Fridgen.
And if you read the book over the top you find that Friedgen kept trying to be wide open until he was told by Ross run the football and give it to Jerry Mays, we live or die on him running the ball. And the rest is history.

I’m not happy either guys, but the fact is that we have no o-line , or qb for that matter to have any kind of passing game. That is a major issue. We are undersized at nearly every position on both sides of the ball. Yes , you can say the d should have been better against fcs school, but they played ok and the option gives people trouble, just like Army and Michigan, and that is not a call for CPJ. CPJ is gone and CGC is recruiting well it seems to rectify these problems. It’s not time to hit the panic button, lets at least give it to October before we fire everyone. GO JACKETS
So run the ball, and for recruiting, our current class is no better than the last one.

Animal02

Banned
I’m not happy either guys, but the fact is that we have no o-line , or qb for that matter to have any kind of passing game. That is a major issue. We are undersized at nearly eveAnd ryjust ask FSU position on both sides of the ball. Yes , you can say the d should have been better against fcs school, but they played ok and the option gives people trouble, just like Army and Michigan, and that is not a call for CPJ. CPJ is gone and CGC is recruiting well it seems to rectify these problems. It’s not time to hit the panic button, lets at least give it to October before we fire everyone. GO JACKETS
And just ask FSU about how recruiting great classes works out.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
No one expected that. The D, with the same players, has seemed to make an improvement. The O looks like an afterthought.
I agree. Personally I think translation is a little harder for the offense, even though there is talent at the skill positions. That doesn’t excuse today. We should’ve won today regardless how difficult the offensive transition may be. I expected 4-8 this year and you expected 6-6. I think that slight difference came down to how difficult we expected the transition to be. Still think we can improve over the year and potentially upset some ACC opponents.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
CGC may end up being the biggest joke of a coach in the history of football, but he does not have a hell of a lot of talent right now. If he ran the option, there would be bitching, if he threw every down , there would be bitching, and no disrespect to anyone, but recruiting is a big deal. If he doesn’t coach them up, then maybe the next guy will. GO JACKETS and good night.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
So then it is a coaching failure not to fit their system to available players....and they get paid millions to do that.

You're being willfully ignorant. It's almost amusing at this point.

Well...we cant change our talent at this very moment so what should we do? Demand our players fit into a scheme that doesnt fit their skills? Thats what patenope is doing...the guy is a tool

Read below for the best answer to your question.

It’s not like he can run the triple option. Even if they did run it, expecting the results to be the same as CPJ(The Godfather of the option) is absurd.

Animal02

Banned
CGC may end up being the biggest joke of a coach in the history of football, but he does not have a hell of a lot of talent right now. If he ran the option, there would be bitching, if he threw every down , there would be bitching, and no disrespect to anyone, but recruiting is a big deal. If he doesn’t coach them up, then maybe the next guy will. GO JACKETS and good night.
He should be more concerned with winning games than with fans bitching. Guess what.....if he won, there would not be much bitching.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I agree. Personally I think translation is a little harder for the offense, even though there is talent at the skill positions. That doesn’t excuse today. We should’ve won today regardless how difficult the offensive transition may be. I expected 4-8 this year and you expected 6-6. I think that slight difference came down to how difficult we expected the transition to be. Still think we can improve over the year and potentially upset some ACC opponents.

The D today is pretty easy to explain. Our offense is doing them no favors. They spent 40 minutes on the field. Remember how we used to beat more talented Ds through time of possession? We just had a big dose of our own medicine.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The talent argument makes no sense after losing to a bad team that has far less talent. We were favored by 34 points for a reason.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I wasn’t referring to CGC and his feelings, I was just stating facts. I’m sure he knows people are bitching, hell I'm one of them, I am just trying to shed some rational thoughts about the state of the program.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if we’ll win another game, but our sideline dancing is definitely ATL!

angryunevenavocet-size_restricted-gif.11866