The future of GT football

Animal02

Banned
And, even with top 25 classes, coaching prep and gameday strategies will be key to allow us to compete with the top 15 class schools. GT will never, and I repeat, never be able to recruit well enough to win with just "better talent" overall. We will always need an advantage. Coach Friedgen was an advantage, as he was usually smarter than the DC of the other team. Coach PJ's system was an advantage on gameday and prep for other teams.

Of course, none of this even matters right now, as we just lost to a bad FCS team.
Yep.....but the koolaid drinkers refuse to accept that. FSU is proof that talent means squat with bad coaching.

Scubapro

Banned
Not arguing that, but we're stuck with that coaching for a while. I'll choose to stay positive that they can turn it around.

I'm done defending the hype though.
I will try and stay positive but I also have my eyes open...yes were are stuck with this band of fools...but when they coach without a clue...then they are just that ....fools

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Terrible loss, no question. Not a well coached game, no question. The transition is probably bigger than we thought, no question. Is it embarrassing? No question.
The question is this, are you going to completely quit supporting this coach and staff after 3 games? This staff is in the beginning stages of one of the biggest transformations in the game. There will be more days like today, this year and next. Next year may be worse , with our schedule. Will you stay supportive? That could be the biggest question. Vent , raise hell, whatever you need to do, but without your support, it ain’t getting better. Upsets like this happen every year, it just hurts more when it hits home. We can and will bounce back! If you don’t believe it, then find another team to cheer for, no question about that!

Animal02

Banned
Terrible loss, no question. Not a well coached game, no question. The transition is probably bigger than we thought, no question. Is it embarrassing? No question.
The question is this, are you going to completely quit supporting this coach and staff after 3 games? This staff is in the beginning stages of one of the biggest transformations in the game. There will be more days like today, this year and next. Next year may be worse , with our schedule. Will you stay supportive? That could be the biggest question. Vent , raise hell, whatever you need to do, but without your support, it ain’t getting better. Upsets like this happen every year, it just hurts more when it hits home. We can and will bounce back! If you don’t believe it, then find another team to cheer for, no question about that!
And this mentality.....that it is such a great transition and we must accept major losing seasons us ABSURD Ain college football. This is not a squad that has gone .250 for the last 5 years. There is no reason to at least maintain the status quo.......

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

Well, I am also a "NW GA JACKET", as I was born and raised just outside of Rome. And, I agree with everything you say, but we can't promote any fans/alums leaving this fanbase. We don't have replacements for anyone, and you can see clearly at BDS, the base is dwindling. I will always root for GT, no matter how bad it gets. And, it may get very, very bad. I would like to believe today was the bottom of the curve. But, my guess is that it won't be, especially with our O-line depletion. When the coaching is bad, it will get called out. When it is good, it will be publicly appreciated by me. I bragged on the lack of penalties in the Clemson game, but today, the lack of discipline was unacceptable.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I cant speak for Animal...but I understand his frustration...I feel the same way....watching this coaching staff today was like watching a kindergartner do long division. They better find some football IQ and in a big damn hurry.

Football IQ? Who has time for that? We’re busy picking uniforms that don’t match, shoving Navy down the throats of the geezers that support us, tweeting and learning new dance moves.

We need to hit the alumni up for more money if they want us to study a playbook. Geesh!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Football IQ? Who has time for that? We’re busy picking uniforms that don’t match, shoving Navy down the throats of the geezers that support us, tweeting and learning new dance moves.

We need to hit the alumni up for more money if they want us to study a playbook. Geesh!

Thank you, Vespidae, for some much needed laughter tonight. I do appreciate it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Our cash flow will implode if Collins does not suceeed.

We are building new edge center and other nice things while we are only making interest payments on 200,000,000 debt.

Yes, it would have been great to have done a real coach search in advance of cpj retiring. Perhaps we would have figured out we need to spend lots of money on a coaching staff.

. So if we dump this oc are we willing to donate a lot more to get a much better oc?

Well, I am also a "NW GA JACKET", as I was born and raised just outside of Rome. And, I agree with everything you say, but we can't promote any fans/alums leaving this fanbase. We don't have replacements for anyone, and you can see clearly at BDS, the base is dwindling. I will always root for GT, no matter how bad it gets. And, it may get very, very bad. I would like to believe today was the bottom of the curve. But, my guess is that it won't be, especially with our O-line depletion. When the coaching is bad, it will get called out. When it is good, it will be publicly appreciated by me. I bragged on the lack of penalties in the Clemson game, but today, the lack of discipline was unacceptable.
Frankly, overall, I think we played better against #1 Clemson than we played against FCS Citadel today.