The Culture is Real

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
How do you expect the younger fan base to dominate the crowd on game day, most people in their lower 20s aren’t financially comfortable enough to buy season tickets. That’s the case for every program, you ever been to a UGA game, looks like a class reunion from the 1970s.

You can buy a single season ticket package for as low as $200. The iPhones and smart watches the millenials are wearing cost much more. Our fan base is dying, and sad as it is, a lot of our younger fans are wishing it would happen sooner.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Apparently I was wrong. Bobinski was not at GT during the Gator Bowl. My apologies.

Stansbury was hired in Sep '16 but didn't officially start until late November/early December that year. He would have only been in place a few weeks when this happened. Maybe having a new AD in place was a crack those rings fell through. I'm a CPJ fan but that's just poor not to provide bowl champions with rings.

Geez man, you just don't get it! We have to change our culture to be successful after a decade of lack luster recruiting. It is not that hard to understand really. I bet you could grasp it if you could overcome your negatism. You, and others on this board that fit this bill, should give it a try and enjoy the ride. It is a lot more fun.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

After a decade of winning seasons, Orange Bowls, and beating Georgia and Clemson. Yea, I guess getting your butt whipped by Va Tech and The Citadel.....I should enjoy the ride.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
1st rule of management. Never, ever, ever let the inmates run the prison.
Tell that to Google.

(Real) 1st rule of management: give your employees what they need to succeed, because if they fail then you fail.

Going back to my comment earlier that does not always have to be the same thing. Google gives freedom to employees to generate their own ideas and run with them. Google also promotes a fun environment but expects it's employees to give maximum effort (sound familiar). Apple on the other hand prefers control over the work the employees are doing. Both companies successfully produce similar products but do things differently.

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/wh...and-google-a-former-exec-provides-a-rare.html

Tell that to Google.

(Real) 1st rule of management: give your employees what they need to succeed, because if they fail then you fail.

Going back to my comment earlier that does not always have to be the same thing. Google gives freedom to employees to generate their own ideas and run with them. Google also promotes a fun environment but expects it's employees to give maximum effort (sound familiar). Apple on the other hand prefers control over the work the employees are doing. Both companies successfully produce similar products but do things differently.

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/wh...and-google-a-former-exec-provides-a-rare.html

OMG compairing Google to a Football team is crazy. Football players need discipline and a coach. Frankly google is an out of control company. They could use a real coach....like the Bear.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
After a decade of winning seasons, Orange Bowls, and beating Georgia and Clemson. Yea, I guess getting your butt whipped by Va Tech and The Citadel.....I should enjoy the ride.
What team are you referring to, cause it sure isn't Tech? Yes Johnson gave us great years but he also broke our consecutive bowl game streak and had 3 losing seasons including a 3-9 season just like this year. CPJ was 5-12 against Clemson including only one win since 2011 and 3-11 against ugag. He also almost lost to Gardner Webb his first year.

This is not intended to be a knock on CPJ but intended to show that it is not like the results of this year have come out of nowhere. CPJ was a great coach but he struggled at times too.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
OMG compairing Google to a Football team is crazy. Football players need discipline and a coach. Frankly google is an out of control company. They could use a real coach....like the Bear.
I guess it is "my way or the highway" for you. I will be sure not to waste my time to try to have an open discussion with you next time.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Tell that to Google.

Going back to my comment earlier that does not always have to be the same thing. Google gives freedom to employees to generate their own ideas and run with them. Google also promotes a fun environment but expects it's employees to give maximum effort (sound familiar).

Google actively censors anything that leans or thinks right and worships any and everything that leans or thinks left. Google can go straight to hell and take pretentious Apple with it.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I guess it is "my way or the highway" for you. I will be sure not to waste my time to try to have an open discussion with you next time.
Don't waste your time. He's bordering on troll levels now. A couple posts back he scoffed at the idea of Temple having an elite defense, when in reality they were elite with the 20th ranked defense in FEI this season. He says that our coaches don't instill discipline, but we had the 9th fewest penalties per game. He refuses to acknowledge the blatant similarities this season had with the 2015 season. He refuses to acknowledge the testimonies of former players that say the culture was becoming apathetic on the team and we needed a massive overhaul. And he subscribes to the idea that there is only one way of running a successful college program, while citing past their prime coaches and ignoring the wave of highly successful "culture-based" rising coaches like Swinney, Fleck, and Rhule. But worst of all, he thinks that Collins needs to shift to his preferred style and cater to the wants of a small sect of fans. Which is ironic considering CPJ was under massive scrutiny his whole career by the same type of fans (and media) and it basically led to his early retirement.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
Once again another thread derailed by more of this CPJ vs. CGC stupidity. I enjoy giving you guys some insight as to how the program operates, but I think I am about done contributing for a while.

Did you guys really not think there would be a day of reckoning when PJ left? Look I was able to play at an ACC school b/c of this offense. Do I also realize I would not have been able to play in a more conventional offense, yes. So clearly, there is going to be a difference in outcomes as the personel shifts from 3O to a more convention Offense.

This **** isnt plug and play...Of course you can win 7 games with an experienced 3O team but only win 3 with a totally different offense. No **** sherlock. If anything CGC winning 3 games with the 'wrong' players is more impressive than what Fleck did.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You guys know I'm a CGC fan, and I think GT fans will be pleasantly surprised at how he's going to lift that recruiting ceiling we seem to put on ourselves. His first full recruiting class will easily be our best class since 2007. He's going to do that off a 3 win season. If CGC can get us to a bowl game next season, watch out.

However...and I wrote this many years ago, whenever a new coach comes in, the old coach's skeletons start coming out of the closet. We're starting to see a lot of that now, and with the internet and more access to it, we're getting more "skeletons" than we would in the past. When it's CGC's time comes to leave GT, and it will come one day (though I hope it's after winning multiple championships and turning GT into a national powerhouse) the same thing will happen with CGC.

Hopefully we can move on with all the coach comparisons next season and just enjoy the product on the field.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Once again another thread derailed by more of this CPJ vs. CGC stupidity. I enjoy giving you guys some insight as to how the program operates, but I think I am about done contributing for a while.

Did you guys really not think there would be a day of reckoning when PJ left? Look I was able to play at an ACC school b/c of this offense. Do I also realize I would not have been able to play in a more conventional offense, yes. So clearly, there is going to be a difference in outcomes as the personel shifts from 3O to a more convention Offense.

This **** isnt plug and play...Of course you can win 7 games with an experienced 3O team but only win 3 with a totally different offense. No **** sherlock. If anything CGC winning 3 games with the 'wrong' players is more impressive than what Fleck did.

Thanks for this. This is what many of us have been saying. BTW, you played with a friend of mines son, and he has said much the same. (Though he played on the defense) It's always good to hear insights from the athletes.

You guys know I'm a CGC fan, and I think GT fans will be pleasantly surprised at how he's going to lift that recruiting ceiling we seem to put on ourselves. His first full recruiting class will easily be our best class since 2007. He's going to do that off a 3 win season. If CGC can get us to a bowl game next season, watch out.

However...and I wrote this many years ago, whenever a new coach comes in, the old coach's skeletons start coming out of the closet. We're starting to see a lot of that now, and with the internet and more access to it, we're getting more "skeletons" than we would in the past. When it's CGC's time comes to leave GT, and it will come one day (though I hope it's after winning multiple championships and turning GT into a national powerhouse) the same thing will happen with CGC.

Hopefully we can move on with all the coach comparisons next season and just enjoy the product on the field.

I don't remember that many people still supporting Gailey, then again the coach that replaced him came in and won 9 games and beat UGA that first season. Winning sure fixes lots of things.....