The Citadel Postgame

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
2 pts/drive is the average against Pwr5 competition. Giving 2.5 ppd against an FCS team is horrible.
Not in a small sample size. You know that's the advantage of the offense, and I admit it too. My point is our 2nd half D shouldn't was less of a difference than handing over 7 points on things entirely within your control.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Worst game that I personally have ever been to!
Completely dominated by the Citadel!
If we hadn't hurt their starting QB, it would have been worse!
Could be a disaster of a season??!?

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
it’s funny this coaching staff was left this talent and the fact they can’t coach them up is their fault. Not to mention our best dlineman died in the off-season. injuries are killing the oline which was bad to start. It’s going to be a long season. Recruit 25 or more for the next two years and get some talent in here. Our talent level right now is barely over Citadel’s talent plus we are learning a new offense. This is a 5 win team with cpj at best.

Not good. I imagine CGC will take full responsibility for this. TO and JM could have run on them all day but we tried to build on our future offense when we aren't close to ready.
Build on our future offense? What the Bill Lewis air raid. Tech is and always has been a running Football team. Run the ball 70% and play action the rest. By the way, Oliver is the best passer in the team. That throw to Camp was a dart. LJ floats it.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
We looked like **** and our oc looks clueless on improving the offense but im more embarrassed by some of our fans going into full meltdown mode..this was slated to be a crap year already, every expectation out there showed us.being bad. It's not like we had a good team last year either and we've inherited that. Buckle up it's gonna be a long season. Don't give up on the team and coaches yet

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For those saying "don't blame clock management", let me be clear on my stance. I agree it should not matter against The Citadel. But actually it also shouldn't matter against any team because that is something 100% in your control. We lost this game for a number of reasons, many of which were entirely within our control (e.g., clock mgmt, dead ball penalties, etc.). It was a bad showing, no way around it.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
We gave up 10 points on 4 drives in the 2nd half. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful, imo. I'm referencing the gifted 7 points in the first half and the extra time on the field as a D because of dead ball penalties. Maybe that led to what we saw in the 2nd half, who knows.
Sorry, but this was CITADEL. We looked like we were not prepared- coaches and team. We have seen this before when we take ANYBODY for granted. We still do not have any PLAYMAKERS on either side of the ball, or in the kicking game except for Harvin. Face it boys( and girls) we are NOT GOOD.