The Citadel Postgame

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Wow! This is not what I expected. I expected an easy game where all of our QBs and all of the rest of our team would look good and beat them easily.

Well. It now looks like Coach Geoff Collins (and by extension, his hand-picked Defensive Coordinator Andrew Thacker) are not good at preparing and coaching their defense against a Paul Johnson-type spread option (i.e., “high school”) offense like quite a number of folks opined on this board, earlier in the year before the season started.

Well deserved win by The Citadel. My hat is off to them.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don't understand what P'nut is even trying to do?

Are we [stubbornly] running a shotgun spread passing offense hell-or-high water and lose 10 games to build for the future? (In which case we should be playing Graham or Yates.)

Are we trying to win now by maximizing the players we have and running a run heavy option spread? (In which case why isn't TO the definite QB1? Why [WHY?!] are we running shotgun short yardage plays?)

It seems like his strategy is to play the cold hand and be as predictable as possible. While also not installing anything for the future... :banghead:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Losing to Air Force, Kansas, and MTSU makes you poke your chest out?

Beneath you.

People rightly complained about those losses, and pointed fingers where they belonged.

Are you saying that our Locker-Room is a disaster now and that we have a QB with a Heisman Campaign like our 2010 loss to KS? Are you equating the inability to move the ball on O and stop the ball on D against an FCS team to muffing two punt returns or the inability of an historically bad D to stop a future NFL running back?

C'mon, man.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
At clemson today and per some friends if it helps any, they wanted to fire dabo and their oc partly through his first season....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

They almost beat us his first year. We lost to citidal