The Citadel Postgame

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
every kick King took he pushed right. even the practice kick he got before tying was pushed right. the one he made he almost pushed it to far right. the 51yd he missed was pushed right to the next county

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
All on collins. The dumbest 23 seconds of coaching i have seen in my life.

No to. Lets 10 run off. Dumb
Then before snap after 7 runs off calls a to. Dumb

Prevents the win. Dumb.

Where is the situational awareness from the staff

He didn’t even manage to make many adjustments on the damn D side. If their starting QB hadn’t gotten knocked out we don’t even make it to OT.

He’s great at slogans though so all is well....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We had HUGE match-up advantages on the outside. Throw the jump ball to Carter or Camp. We tried it 3 times... caught twice, and one was dropped. When you are this anemic at finding something that works, those become even higher percentage plays.

We didn't protect the QB. We bring in Lucas and run the exact same play we ran with Lucas all game even though we should have known they'd blitz just like CU and USF did.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
That's a sad use of our last several years as a standard. Even with the stupid penalties in the first half, we gave up a lot in the second half -- just like we did last week against USF.
We gave up 10 points on 4 drives in the 2nd half. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful, imo. I'm referencing the gifted 7 points in the first half and the extra time on the field as a D because of dead ball penalties. Maybe that led to what we saw in the 2nd half, who knows.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We gave up 10 points on 4 drives in the 2nd half. It wasn't great, but it wasn't awful, imo. I'm referencing the gifted 7 points in the first half and potentially the extra time on the field as a D because of dead ball penalties. Maybe that led to what we saw in the 2nd half, who knows.

2 pts/drive is the average against Pwr5 competition. Giving 2.5 ppd against an FCS team is horrible.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I would have at least spoken with Monken and asked, "What is your vision for keeping the Option principles here, but doing things to make it more attractive to recruits?" Did we even ask? I doubt it. Sometimes, you can change a little and market it better, and results will improve. Oh well. We have a 5-7 year experiment to live through now.