The Citadel Postgame

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Tell them to come back in December when neither team is in the post season if they want a rematch. I’m not so sure it would go quite as well for them the second time around

LibertyTurns

Banned
Savage. I love stuff like this though. Lose to an FCS and this is what we get. Hopefully the players and coaches never want to see stuff like this again and we grow from it.
Did you see the t-shirts? 2 guys at work bought one & took a picture of it posted to my door and hanging in various parts of my company. Get some snark starting about Weds and hit a peak obviously on Friday when I’m getting asked which FCS is going to thump us next.

Man I hope we come out prepared & ready to play today.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year, during their first-half "upset tie" with Alabama, a Citadel slotback had a nice 40 yard TD run. Soon thereafter, the Citadel social media guy tweeted a clip of the play, with a message: "See, SEC, it's not that hard." (I believe 5 or so SEC opponents to that point in the season had not scored a rushing TD against the Tide.)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I’ll also add that it’s too early to be calling for Dave Ps head even though there hasn’t been any bright spots. I can see the vision.

I admit that I haven’t been impressed with what I’ve seen on offense but I’m trying to be cognizant of the magnitude of the change we are going through and just not evaluating or coming to any conclusions. I go back to when Ross took over the helm in 1987 and in his first two years the offense was pretty poor. I think the lone bright spot was Jerry Mays’s performance in 1988, rushing for almost 1000 yards. I point to that because Ralph Friedgen is someone I consider an offensive genius like CPJ (it is my belief and I think there’s all the evidence in the world to support that CPJ is a certified genius when it comes to offense). And he had to get past a lot of challenges (some similar, some not). So if Ralph struggled then I can’t really give CDP too much grief... yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk