The Citadel Postgame

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Injuries, so it’s almost like talent matters and it wasn’t just his coaching. 2 NFL WR on that team, a 4 star Bama decommit. An NFL Super Bowl Winning RG. CPJ recruited well after the 2009 season but it gradually fell of as did the on field product.
Yes when the funding fell off a cliff in 2012. You can thank MBOB for that. And if course talent matters, but there's enough talent here to be more than competitive. CPJ was just a way better coach. Period. He could coach and call a game, I haven't seen that here yet.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
It sounded like that, and there are a couple here who have already come out and said that.
From the game I saw today, citadel did have the line advantage on both sides.
We lost our best DL in an accident,our best OL to transfer, had 2 OL retire, have two others injured, and lost Lee today.
They were in our backfield constantly and got good push on our DL. Not looking good for the rest of the way.
Of course we have better athletes throughout, but they didn’t look they were the 1AA team on the field in the trenches.

As far as the game goes, we can’t melt down so hard. Troubling clock management from Collins and Patenaude through 3 games hasn’t impressed me, but I think some people underestimate what these guys are dealing with depth and talent wise on the lines.
That being said, we played bad and they should take a heap of crap for their coaching today.
I went from thinking we could win 6 preseason to 4 after USF to thinking we will be lucky to win another one. Strap in boys, it only gets harder from here.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I’m worried this coach and staff are more hype than substance.

Oliver should be our QB.

That was HORRIFIC time management at the end of regulation.

The honeymoon is officially over.
Geoff Collins /Dave Patenaude doesn't deserve a player like Tobias Oliver... I Hope he transfers after this season of being jerked around... Kid is the real deal... Coaching was soft and Below the Line

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Nope. Other than the kicker, they don't have a player who would start for us. Tobias and Jordan in that offense with Camp on the outside would be dynamite against FCS teams. The Citadel should be commended for playing harder, being more disciplined and limiting mistake other than the interception they threw. The time of possession was lopsided and they had more total yards. None of that would have mattered though had we managed the clock better.
Had we more talent could we have won? Surely Collins and his staff didn’t prepare us and shot us in the foot more than once. It doesn’t look good.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
From the game I saw today, citadel did have the line advantage on both sides.
We lost our best DL in an accident,our best OL to transfer, had 2 OL retire, have two others injured, and lost Lee today.
They were in our backfield constantly and got good push on our DL. Not looking good for the rest of the way.
Of course we have better athletes throughout, but they didn’t look they were the 1AA team on the field in the trenches.

As far as the game goes, we can’t melt down so hard. Troubling clock management from Collins and Patenaude through 3 games hasn’t impressed me, but I think some people underestimate what these guys are dealing with depth and talent wise on the lines.
That being said, we played bad and they should take a heap of crap for their coaching today.
I went from thinking we could win 6 preseason to 4 after USF to thinking we will be lucky to win another one. Strap in boys, it only gets harder from here.
I'm not coming at you. But our best o line leaving said he wanted to go somewhere to better prepare for the NFL, that was after CGC hire and that's a quote.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Tough loss. The end of that game was hard to watch, we had it in the bag. Down 4 scholarship offensive linemen on an already thin line also hurts immensely for getting anything going. Go into the bye, clean up the mistakes, and hope to improve. Let's move on.

I was pissed last year when I saw people coming out of the woodwork celebrating Johnson's losses. And I'm ashamed I see people doing it again this year because they think it verifies their position that we should have hired someone else. It's year one. Move on. You're being destructive to the program. Let's hope the players don't think like you do.
Another good post

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The other thing, is if some of our fans had their way, Collins would be gone tomorrow, which would cement gt as a place noncoach should go to. Seriously who would.want to work here with that kind of toxic fan base.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You think this is "toxic"? Toxic is Florida running Ron Zook out of Gainesville in spite of three winning seasons and beating UGA two of them. Toxic is Tennessee going through head coaches like gum drops when they could of had Cutliffe. Toxic is Alabama firing a coach that never held a practice or coached a game. If Coach Collins thinks this is toxic he will have a difficult transition. This is nothing considering we just lost to an FCS team, a bad one at that, that does not have a single player who could start for us other than the kicker.

GTFLETCH

Banned
We'll definitely steal an ACC game or 2 where we just matchup well with our opponent and things are firing. I'm also not counting out the offense looking like an entirely different machine in November than it is now in September.
Maybe we can beat UNC.... But unless they stick with Tobias we going to suck on offense... just watch the replay and LJ at QB...Nuff Said

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Funny I thought according to CGC that Tobias Oliver was an elite athlete.
TO is an elite athlete -- look at his kick returns today. Even as QB, he fires and doesn't hesitate and is super shifty. That said, a QB needs more than elusiveness and shiftiness. Those are good adjectives to have if you're a RB or WR, which is really where TO should be right now. That said, he's at QB because there's really no one behind him that's much better.

TO is an elite athlete -- look at his kick returns today. Even as QB, he fires and doesn't hesitate and is super shifty. That said, a QB needs more than elusiveness and shiftiness. Those are good adjectives to have if you're a RB or WR, which is really where TO should be right now. That said, he's at QB because there's really no one behind him that's much better.
Um, he was our best passer today and has won a lot of games.