The Citadel Postgame

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
The remaining of this year Graham should be getting 60% of the snaps. Otherwise I have Zero faith. We can't run a QB option and Sneak every play. And no other QB on the team can hit the broad side of a barn. Graham has all the potential and he's flashed it. To force certain players to play because you think they deserve a chance due to age or been hurt for years is a joke.

I know Graham was out today, but going forward he MUST be the guy getting the majority of the snaps. We run a real offense when he is in.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Really? If we had all this talent then we would have won today. We have talent in some positions but not nearly in all positions. All it takes is one player to blow up the play.

We were playing Citadel. Citadel.

C I T A D E L

We have the talent to beat them by 3 tds any week. But today we played to lose with boneheaded penalties on D, bad execution on D, and some mind numbingly bad decisions by the coaches.

It all falls on the coaches. They seem more concerned with our guys jumping up and down on the sidelines than playing between them.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Honestly, nobody's passing really impressed me today. We threw a couple jump balls that guys pulled down because they were tall 3* FBS athletes going up against inferior defensive backs. Most of our completions today would never fly against talented DBs.

And yet we seemed to choose to ignore those matchup advantages for the most part. Coaching...bad in game coaching.

So the thread will get crazier the longer the drinking goes on. I start in about an hour.

Final words from me.

We got beat today. Physically, Coaching, in every way. We were not prepared to stop their scheme on offense and they were physically and mentally beating us today. Those penalties are coaching issues. Stop the Hype and tell those guys to be disciplined. We are not Thug U Miami but we looked like it today.

If our coaches would focus on what works and get off twitter we might still win a few.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It is absolutely impossible for me to understand why we still sub QB's in a series of downs. Especially when it is so obvious that TO should be playing every down. I am at a complete loss to what is going on with this coaching staff.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

They are playing 3D chess and you are playing checkers......

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
This loss is not on any player. Underperforming, lackluster, uninspired whatever adjective you prefer to use about personal performances the coaches are coaching down this team.

I don’t care who the QB you pick is at this point, you don’t split them during the potential game winning drive.

Out thought ourselves like we have been all year.

The best example of this is having a kicker who is 100% last year, on the bench during a game saving kick. That’s not the only issue I have with this staff obviously but it is the best example.

Put the best players on the field screw practice, clutch players are the ones who perform when it matters. Absolutely no sense how the players are being used

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I'm talking about 3 unsportsmanlike behavior penalties. THAT IS UNCALLED FOR. They should all of been sat for the game for that. ATL right? Should be plug and play right?

We saw that with kicking today. Sit wells because he didn't "practice" hard enough?

Wells misseda PAT. Jeez, that is not as bad as missing a 30 to 40 yd fg? Insane.

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Bro we lost to citadel wow. Just got to work thought I read wrong. This can't be good for recruiting. Thought we were leaving the to era.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Whew. Three games in and the Restore the Glory movement is bailing out, jumping ship, fleeing the scene. Now we want not only the new head coach, the new OC and maybe the new DC fired, but the athletic director. Throw in the Hold 'em Back coach assigned the DC on the sideline -- an innovation I find charming -- and we have hit the daily double squared. I still feel nuts going Julius Caesar, but three games just ain't the measuring stick, though the lack of HC experience -- forget the Collins travelogue: two years at a mid-level with middlin' success -- seems more and more evident. I thought early on he should spend more time coaching and less time talking, but he sure lit up a bunch on this board. It was an upset today, sure, but who really thought Georgia Tech was 36 points better than anybody? The offensive problem in a nutshell, to me, is that Collins is trying to run "his" offense without the players, and that is the most serious mistake. Give the guy a chance here, and Stansbury would be wise to put a governor on his ramblings that often verge on boasts and knocks on every GT coach since Dodd, and even he might be suspect. Run the option, call it the option, and recruit your players.

Great points if we were 3 games in playing P5. We just lost to Citadel.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts, not based on stats just gut reaction just getting home after the game:

• Oliver is the only QB who has consistently moved the ball.
  • Bringing a cold QB in on 3rd and long to run a WildPass? play doesn't work.
  • Both of the kickers have issues and the coaches need to address whatever those issues are.
  • That is twice that a coaches timeout has cost us, a 4th and 1 against Clemson and the win today.
  • Three or four unsportsmanlike penalties looks more like Miami than GT.
  • Anyone who saw the players on the field and believes that Citadel has more talent than GT is delusional. This loss was not because of talent, if the game had been decided on talent GT would have won.