The Citadel Postgame

GTFLETCH

Banned
TO is an elite athlete -- look at his kick returns today. Even as QB, he fires and doesn't hesitate and is super shifty. That said, a QB needs more than elusiveness and shiftiness. Those are good adjectives to have if you're a RB or WR, which is really where TO should be right now. That said, he's at QB because there's really no one behind him that's much better.
So start Tobias this year until Tucker Gleason arrives on the Flats... Better to play to your strengths then to play liek we did today... If Tobias Starts and plays... We win...

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Watching our offense, I don’t blame him. He graduated and his coach was leaving. If you’re going to have to play in a different offense your senior year, you would want to play in a good one.
I'm not coming at you. But our best o line leaving said he wanted to go somewhere to better prepare for the NFL, that was after CGC hire and that's a quote.

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
TO is an elite athlete -- look at his kick returns today. Even as QB, he fires and doesn't hesitate and is super shifty. That said, a QB needs more than elusiveness and shiftiness. Those are good adjectives to have if you're a RB or WR, which is really where TO should be right now. That said, he's at QB because there's really no one behind him that's much better.
The other guy (LJ), isn't in the same zip code as TO. TO should be the QB, period.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, nobody's passing really impressed me today. We threw a couple jump balls that guys pulled down because they were tall 3* FBS athletes going up against inferior defensive backs. Most of our completions today would never fly against talented DBs.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Have any of you seen the talent CPJ left? And for what h.s. System it was for? ****ing Cripes, 25% of the team a, b, and “athlete” QBs.

Why the **** do you think cpj quit? Did you see his fabulous bowl game?

Did you see his last win? He only won because he threw a pass!

He killed us on the recruiting trail.

That has nothing to do with how bad the coaching has been from this staff. Punting on 4th and 5 from the opponent's 36 and not knowing how manage the clock (among many other things) isn't something Collins and his staff inherited from Johnson.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
You think this is "toxic"? Toxic is Florida running Ron Zook out of Gainesville in spite of three winning seasons and beating UGA two of them. Toxic is Tennessee going through head coaches like gum drops when they could of had Cutliffe. Toxic is Alabama firing a coach that never held a practice or coached a game. If Coach Collins thinks this is toxic he will have a difficult transition. This is nothing considering we just lost to an FCS team, a bad one at that, that does not have a single player who could start for us other than the kicker.
I don't think Collins thinks this is toxic, I just think it's toxic that certain posters here already are throwing in the towel on him

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
it’s funny this coaching staff was left this talent and the fact they can’t coach them up is their fault. Not to mention our best dlineman died in the off-season. injuries are killing the oline which was bad to start. It’s going to be a long season. Recruit 25 or more for the next two years and get some talent in here. Our talent level right now is barely over Citadel’s talent plus we are learning a new offense. This is a 5 win team with cpj at best.

WHAT ****ing talent? Some, SOME, very good, but most off the radar of good teams. But all are now motivated to get bigger, stronger and faster doing things the old staff would fart at - thing every winning program is doing.

CPJ was left with a team that had at least 5 guys go to the nfl.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
The other guy (LJ), isn't in the same zip code as TO. TO should be the QB, period.
I will fully agree that a big 3rd and 8 at the 23 in OT, I would have rather seen TO in there. With this personnel, against this offense, I felt at all times he gave us the better chance to pick up 8 yards. Even getting into a more manageable 4th down would have been more ideal than Lucas Johnson taking the sack (btw Citadel didn't disguise their 6+ man blitz AT ALL, Lucas Johnson and his backfield even noticed it, and he STILL took the sack).

LJ at times looks exactly like TO to me except without the running secret weapon aspect.