The Citadel Postgame

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Maybe you should read my post in the recruiting forum about the 2020 class. Your reasoning is just wrong. Getting higher ranked players, and the top 2 commits this year are better then number 1 from 4 out of the last 5 and the one was Bruce J-Swilling a legacy.
They’re all three stars. We have one four star currently committed.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Recruiting In the top 50 is still a success and foreign to Tech. But let’s use your logic and say that all the teams with less Commits then Bama will still finish higher then them this season.
You guys are 32nd in star average. So, some of it is volume, but that's still much better than you have benn in the last half decade.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I just want to know what the coaches are seeing in practice, like is the team doing well especially the offense but flopping in the game or do they practice this poorly. Either way the real thing that concerns me is the lack of progress on offense. If we can't throw and catch, then we just need.to run the.ball most of the season, run the option out of the shotgun. And stop trying to practice throwing and crucial points of the game .the coaches keep saying they inherited a running team, so let's capitalize on that until we get the necessary players to change . Stop with this gimmick of changing the QB every play or two , I don't care.of all three practice well, just pick the one that suits what to want to run and go with it.

On d I'm gonna say this was a fluke game , they looked great last week until we play the option. Clearly the coaches don't know how to stop the option , but at least we are done with that for the season

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
You guys are 32nd in star average. So, some of it is volume, but that's still much better than you have benn in the last half decade.
Don’t tell them that. We just have too many commits, they act like we don’t have 2 four stars guys from out of state, and a RB that’s been offered from Ohio State and Florida in the last couple of weeks.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You going to mention that Calvin Booker, a pocket passer and our third string QB started that game or nah? Why even bring that game up? Has nothing to do with anything.

An offensive wiz should be able to draw up an offense in a week that can score more than 10 points on GW with a QB that signed with Auburn, Demarious Thomas, Roddy Jones, and Jon Effing Dwyer.

Fridge would have crushed GW in that situation. Our one trick pony couldn’t.

flygtfly

Georgia Tech Fan
There's a difference between "something bad" and the debacle we saw today. And, as I think you know, I sure haven't been sitting on my hands around here.

But … like I said, it's way too early to panic.
Bad things have been happening since week 1. This loss had nothing to do with a"system" but everything to do with sh*tty coaching. Collins appears to talk the good game but this was a FCS school! No excuses.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
An offensive wiz should be able to draw up an offense in a week that can score more than 10 points on GW with a QB that signed with Auburn, Demarious Thomas, Roddy Jones, and Jon Effing Dwyer.

The fact of the matter is they win the game and had a great season with talent that was never utilized before. That's much now that what this staff can say

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Back to football:

Honestly, this is EXTREMELY EMBARRASSING!!!!

Defensive, I’m absolutely mystified at our approach! We preach Attack, but we were 100% reactionary today. I thought our DTs were horrible today. Our LBs eyes were bad but what’s new, and the secondary was WAITING for the ballcarrier all game.

I could very wrong but i thought we took a very arrogant approach to the TO. The Citadel ran to the bubble of 85%, but there were. O cross charges, no slanting, nothing!!! Almost as if we don’t have film of Clemson and Duke on how to play in backfield.

I would talk about the O, but i don’t want to have an aneurysm
This is my only take from the game. The amount of film we have on teams playing against the 30 is way to high for the scheme we brought out. I feel like watching tape from any of the games from last year would have highlighted a better approach. Where was shooting gaps or attacking behind the line of scrimmage? Why weren’t we playing the deep MLB for better angles?

Saying that, I don’t think the defense lost us the game. It wasn’t a great showing, but holding a team to 24 points should be enough in modern ncaa football. We knew going into the game what the 30 is capable of. The offense just needs to find its identity.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Our offensive wiz also scored 49 points on miss state the year they arguably had one of the best defenses in fbs

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The fact of the matter is they win the game and had a great season with talent that was never utilized before. That's much now that what this staff can say

Damn CCG for not utilizing all those stars as true freshman. Amazing coaching by CPJ to take a loaded sophomore and junior class and win big and then fall of the earth after they graduated.