The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I will probably wear my high-quality, filtered mask TO the games, but wear a Walgreens cheapo DURING the games, since they are less stifling. But one easy partial solution is for all games to be at night, when it's a helluva lot cooler most of the time.

Super, that would kinda sum up my decades of being a Tech fan in a nutshell....GT finally deciding to play all September and October games at night!!! Absolutely nothing better or more glorious than fall FB under the lights at BDS. Then me not being able to get a ticket due to crowd constraints.:banghead::banghead::cool:

Try Electric Styles. 2 ply with a replaceable filter, adjustable ear piece and nose piece. Actually pretty comfortable and washable.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for telling me about that. I just went to that site and designed and ordered 2 masks. By designing it, I mean that I am having it made in Gold, with a big white GT outlined in black and "TOGETHER WE SWARM" in smaller letters also outlined in black above and below the GT logo. It cost $60.00 total (I guess the minimum order is 2), but based on the preview, they are going to look GREAT !!!

Ramblin Wreckt

Georgia Tech Fan
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for telling me about that. I just went to that site and designed and ordered 2 masks. By designing it, I mean that I am having it made in Gold, with a big white GT outlined in black and "TOGETHER WE SWARM" in smaller letters also outlined in black above and below the GT logo. It cost $60.00 total (I guess the minimum order is 2), but based on the preview, they are going to look GREAT !!!

Could you post a screenshot of what it looks like in the design order confirmation? And then later what it looks like when you receive it?

I too would be interested in something like this, will check it out next week after I get back from a golf trip. Thanks ncjacket79

Could you post a screenshot of what it looks like in the design order confirmation? And then later what it looks like when you receive it?

I too would be interested in something like this, will check it out next week after I get back from a golf trip. Thanks ncjacket79
This is the "preview" image of what I ordered ---

1597903447127.png

Because it is a custom order, they won't be here for 3 weeks.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the "preview" image of what I ordered ---

View attachment 8807

Because it is a custom order, they won't be here for 3 weeks.

Just as a head’s up, don’t be surprised if the order gets cancelled, especially if the company is a legit/respectable company. Usually with custom orders containing images/logos, when the order gets to final approval internally, if the images/logos they are duplicating are trademarked images (some companies do a pretty good search on this), they will cancel the order since they don’t have a license to reproduce/make money off the use of the image. If the mask company is based in the US, this is even more likely to happen as it’s easier for the entity owning the logo to pursue them. If the mask company is out of country/foreign, you have better luck.

Deleted member 2897

Sorry if this has already been posted, but GT developed a saliva test that they are also testing and analyzing on campus. They’re not dependent on any external agency (other than supplies). Bravo! COVID is so impotent at this age that as we’ve all seen, cases can just blow up seemingly overnight in college campuses because so many people are asymptomatic. I don’t know what sort of buy-in and compliance from the students they’ll get, but if they could get everyone tested on average once a week or so, that would go a long way to reducing spread eventually to other people who would have adverse reactions. They could obviously also use this on all their sports teams even multiple times a week.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

I think the biggest thing this shows is not to trust people on Twitter as news sources.

On Monday, you linked a Twitter post that said that the Big 10 would be resuming the season per "a source"
Yesterday, you linked a pushy Twitter post from Deadspin, but I don't remember ever seeing anything from Deadspin that wasn't over the top pushy.
Today, after the Big 10 announced they are not going to resume the season, you linked a Twitter post that claims that Warren's reasoning is "contradictions and fluff", but his notes about the items are basically contradictions and fluff.

Twitter is a platform for pushy one-liners and hype. That is basically all it is.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Everyone deserves to be heard. I'm for erring on the side of caution with SAs health and lives (in general, everyone's health and lives), but it doesn't mean my mind can't be changed if medicine and science prove SAs can safely play sports.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Has a single B10 President said anything publicly that disagrees with the decision?

I haven’t heard/seen any. Seems like some ADs and coaches are vocal in their disagreement, but honestly it’s not really their call, at least as far as my understanding goes.

Deleted member 2897

I think the biggest thing this shows is not to trust people on Twitter as news sources.

On Monday, you linked a Twitter post that said that the Big 10 would be resuming the season per "a source"
Yesterday, you linked a pushy Twitter post from Deadspin, but I don't remember ever seeing anything from Deadspin that wasn't over the top pushy.
Today, after the Big 10 announced they are not going to resume the season, you linked a Twitter post that claims that Warren's reasoning is "contradictions and fluff", but his notes about the items are basically contradictions and fluff.

Twitter is a platform for pushy one-liners and hype. That is basically all it is.

Why would the Big10 announce they were not renewing the season if they already voted on it (or not)?

Just as a head’s up, don’t be surprised if the order gets cancelled, especially if the company is a legit/respectable company. Usually with custom orders containing images/logos, when the order gets to final approval internally, if the images/logos they are duplicating are trademarked images (some companies do a pretty good search on this), they will cancel the order since they don’t have a license to reproduce/make money off the use of the image. If the mask company is based in the US, this is even more likely to happen as it’s easier for the entity owning the logo to pursue them. If the mask company is out of country/foreign, you have better luck.
Frankly, I was surprised that they didn't block it right off the bat, so it won't surprise me if that happens. I just hope it doesn't take them 3 weeks to do it, so I can come up with a design that would pass muster. I have done things like this in the past, and I wasn't even allowed to place the order. So, we shall see.