The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Please don't throw tomatoes, but how else would you prioritize which season ticket holders get tickets? A regular lottery among all the ticket holders, or should you start with those with the most giving and points and work your way down? To me, doing it this way under these circumstances seems a better more equitable method than a lottery or something random.

No tomatoes thrown. I wasn't decrying it, just pointing out what had him upset. He's probably given in the neighborhood of $150k over the last 20 years but will only get two home games. Also, note that it doesn't mention ticket allocation for the uga-FLA game in there.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just got my email from the AA with all the details for the stadium, here is the link from the email

you will be required to wear a mask in the stadium - except when you are eating . You will be required to enter at a specific gate.
"Georgia Tech Announces Fan Safety Protocols for 2020 Football Games – Football — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Individuals (ages 2 and up) attending Georgia Tech football games at Bobby Dodd Stadium are required to wear an approved personal face covering at all times while within the stadium perimeter (stadium perimeter includes security queues at all stadium entrances, as well as queues at ticket and will call windows). Fans are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings at all times on Georgia Tech campus, beginning with when they leave their vehicles.

Approved face coverings must 1) be made with at least two layers of breathable material, 2) fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin, 3) fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face and 4) be secured to allow the guest to not have to keep the covering in place with his/her hands. Based on guidance from health officials, open-chin triangle bandanas and/or face coverings containing valves, mesh material and or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings. Additionally, costume masks are also not considered appropriate face coverings and are prohibited from being worn inside Bobby Dodd Stadium.

Exceptions to the face covering policies include: 1) when an individual is sitting in his/her assigned seat within the seating bowl, face coverings may be removed while eating and drinking and 2) an individual in club areas may remove face coverings when seated at a fixed area designated for eating and drinking. In both instances, face coverings must be reapplied when the individual is not eating or drinking. Additionally, fans with suite tickets must follow policies regarding face coverings any time that he/she is not inside the suite that he/she is ticketed for."

All parking and tickets will be contactless - no paper, all sent to a mobile device.
socially distanced tailgating will be allowed.

Seating in the stadium will be socially distanced
"Tickets will be distributed in seating clusters generally ranging from 2-8 tickets, with only tickets purchased from one account included in each cluster. Ticket holders are required to sit in their reserved seats and may not interact with fans located in other seating clusters while in the seating bowl."

Bag policy is Changing for this year. You are allowed one 1-gallon clear bag that can contain one unopened bottle water and 1 hand sanitizer. No other bags will be allowed.
socially distanced line queing for concession stands.

The Following activities will not be occurring this year
" In accordance with guidance from public health officials, the following traditional pregame Georgia Tech football festivities will not be held this year:

• Yellow Jacket Alley (will be replaced this year by a new virtual team arrival celebration);
  • Georgia Tech marching band pregame show on Callaway Plaza steps;
  • 404 Tailgate;
  • Wreckfest (Georgia Tech Bookstore location will remain on the stadium’s exterior).
Additionally, per ACC guidelines, the Georgia Tech Marching Band, cheer team and Gold Rush dance team will not be permitted to perform on the field."

The mailing mentions that seating is limited to 20% of capacity. I wonder if UGA is going to have to seat less than the 23K they announced. 20K at Sanford would be closer to 18K
Finally some of the tickets will go to students and 400 tickets will be reserved for the opposing team. So I am sort of expecting the number of tickets for season ticket holders to come in a little under 10K.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
STH Thunderdome basically. I knew this would piss off a lot of the larger fan bases. It’s fun to watch. Those who give the most should have 1st dibs as others have said.
You make this statement as if it's a given. Why shouldn't students have 1st call on tickets? Or, recent alumni? Oh yeah, it's the money that matters first and foremost. Otherwise, we wouldn't be playing these games at all.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My wife and I have marveled for months That we are not seeing lawyer commercials around suing about Covid. Could it be they’re actually smart enough to know you could never prove where someone got it?

Just wait, the attorney who is helping B10 families try to get football re-started is the same attorney who has said as soon as an SA gets really sick there will be lawsuits. So imo he is basically working to get college football going so he can sue college football (ie. the Universities).

One other item that is very interesting to me is that what the Universities are doing now likely will cause huge changes in college sports within the next 5 years. The Universities are basically giving up any pretense that college sports are anything other than a 'business'. By cancelling classes online but keeping the SA's there - specifically the football players they are basically telegraphing that. I suspect that is going to lead to significant changes to the sport. We already know that NIL and free transfers are coming. It also likely means within a couple of years there will be a players association and revenue is likely going to have to be spent differently as with a players association they will have some say in how money is spent and what it is spent on. Would be interesting if government tried to pull the non-profit tag from it.

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
You make this statement as if it's a given. Why shouldn't students have 1st call on tickets? Or, recent alumni? Oh yeah, it's the money that matters first and foremost. Otherwise, we wouldn't be playing these games at all.

lmao because it is a given. Why the hell would students or alumni get dibs over people that pump millions into the program? You sound cray cray.

Get a better mask. No doubt it won’t be ideal but try out different types and find one you like.
I will probably wear my high-quality, filtered mask TO the games, but wear a Walgreens cheapo DURING the games, since they are less stifling. But one easy partial solution is for all games to be at night, when it's a helluva lot cooler most of the time.

Deleted member 2897

Yeah, but you CAN take the shirt off. At least some fans do.

giphy.gif

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I will probably wear my high-quality, filtered mask TO the games, but wear a Walgreens cheapo DURING the games, since they are less stifling. But one easy partial solution is for all games to be at night, when it's a helluva lot cooler most of the time.
Try Electric Styles. 2 ply with a replaceable filter, adjustable ear piece and nose piece. Actually pretty comfortable and washable.