The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Frankly, I was surprised that they didn't block it right off the bat, so it won't surprise me if that happens. I just hope it doesn't take them 3 weeks to do it, so I can come up with a design that would pass muster. I have done things like this in the past, and I wasn't even allowed to place the order. So, we shall see.

I’ve had mixed results with trying this with different custom companies, so it may very well go through. I’ve had submissions denied automatically at time of checkout, as well as a few days/weeks when it finally got in front of a live person to see that it was a sports team/licensed logo that was being reproduced. Hopefully if it is denied, that denial comes soon like you said.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The reason Warren will continue to be crushed is because he admitted that they had a family discussion and decided it was safe for his own son to play at Mississippi State this season. His son is practicing and is scheduled to play. So you can imagine how pissed off the parents of B10 players are at the hypocrisy.
So Warren is being crushed for the Big 10's decision which wasn't his decision and his sons decision to play which also wasn't his decision?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Why would they do that when they can let the commissioner take the heat for their decision?
So, you are implying the presidents agree with Warren? If that's correct, why would anyone think he's under any pressure or is conflicted. My take on the "controversy" is that he would be OK with going forward but the presidents were not.

I’ve had mixed results with trying this with different custom companies, so it may very well go through. I’ve had submissions denied automatically at time of checkout, as well as a few days/weeks when it finally got in front of a live person to see that it was a sports team/licensed logo that was being reproduced. Hopefully if it is denied, that denial comes soon like you said.
After @MidtownJacket posted the correct RGB coordinates for "Tech Gold", I tried to modify my order to use those correct coordinates. I received a prompt response that it is impossible to do that now. No mention was made of possible trademark infractions, so maybe they don't check that. Sure hope they don't.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
So, you are implying the presidents agree with Warren? If that's correct, why would anyone think he's under any pressure or is conflicted. My take on the "controversy" is that he would be OK with going forward but the presidents were not.
Im implying that even if they dissented with the decision made, they don't want media attention to shift to them and their internal disputes. Warren can take the praise and criticism. They can move on in quiet secrecy.

Deleted member 2897

So Warren made the decision for the Big 10, not the Presidents, and he forced his 22 year old son to play football this year. That is what you are saying?

To disagree with you that he had no say-so in the Big 10 football season or his son's ability to play football has now suddenly come to mean I'm stating he forced the Big 10 to not play and he forced his son to play? You're hilarious dude.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Or, common sense says to take the mask off once in your socially distanced seats, since no one will be around you and you are outside. I'm not a Dr, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
This makes sense to me but is not really how the release reads. The release makes it sound like you have the mask on in your seat unless you are eating. (might be a sneaky ploy to increase concession sales ;) )
"when an individual is sitting in his/her assigned seat within the seating bowl, face coverings may be removed while eating and drinking"

I suspect this is something they will have to clarify.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Im implying that even if they dissented with the decision made, they don't want media attention to shift to them and their internal disputes. Warren can take the praise and criticism. They can move on in quiet secrecy.
It's clear you have never been close to the leadership of a large successful organization. University presidents are not afraid of disagreement. Nor, are they unwilling to own their decisions.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
To disagree with you that he had no say-so in the Big 10 football season or his son's ability to play football has now suddenly come to mean I'm stating he forced the Big 10 to not play and he forced his son to play? You're hilarious dude.
I claimed that the Big 10 decision wasn't his which is factually correct. You think its wrong because he had an input. Many people had an input. It wasn't his decision. He had no vote.

I claimed his son playing football this year wasn't his decision, it was his sons. Which is factually correct. You claimed it was his decision because he had an input which leads me to believe that you don't understand basic logic or the mindset of a 22 year old.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It's clear you have never been close to the leadership of a large successful organization. University presidents are not afraid of disagreement. Nor, are they unwilling to own their decisions.
Can you name any major decision recently by any conference in which the University Presidents publicly discussed their individual feelings?

Deleted member 2897

I claimed that the Big 10 decision wasn't his which is factually correct. You think its wrong because he had an input. Many people had an input. It wasn't his decision. He had no vote.

I claimed his son playing football this year wasn't his decision, it was his sons. Which is factually correct. You claimed it was his decision because he had an input which leads me to believe that you don't understand basic logic or the mindset of a 22 year old.

You accused me of asserting the Commissioner forced the Big 10 to not play and forced his son to play. That's hilarious.

The word out of the Big 10 meetings was there was no official vote - Warren led the meeting and took input from all the teams and they collectively made their decision. Warren was actively involved in it. He released a personal memorandum explaining the decision (which was completely devoid of science by the way).

Here is Warren's statement with regards to his son stating he would play football: "As a family, we’ve had many difficult discussions regarding this issue.”

If you don't have evidence of something, its probably best to not speculate.

Deleted member 2897

You should follow that advice as well...

Did you read my post? I just backed up my assertion with actual quotes from the people involved.

You're the guy who spent the better part of a day arguing a false narrative that South Carolina's COVID numbers didn't peak on July 10th and haven't decreased for 6 straight weeks. I shared with you links to the data and graphs which showed you the numbers. I don't make stuff up. When I'm speculating about something I say I'm speculating about something.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Why would they do that when they can let the commissioner take the heat for their decision?

Commissioner's don't make decisions on their own. They take a consensus of the people who actually make the decisions, they rubber stamp it with their name, and they take the heat for that decision. Commissioner's are just a high paid shield for the actual decision makers.