The ACC will delay the start of competition for all fall sports until at least Sept. 1

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I call bullsh*t if we can't do better than that we need to stop playing football. I have to believe we have better players than those teams
We are. But we went 3-9 last season and lost to The Citadel. It's about lazy perception, not the reality of who we are. That being said, we might still be 3-8 this year with a much better team. I'm thinking we're going to shock the world and out-perform everyone's expectations, except for mine.

Deleted member 2897

The presidents of the Big 10 have heard something from doctors that you personally haven't heard and that combined with other factors lead them to the decision that it is better and safer to wait until the spring to hold an extracurricular activity for their students. As someone who has previously argued that schools should be allowed to make their own decisions in regard to virus related safety, I'm still confused as to why this one bothers you so much. Get over it.

Yea, and you know this because you're in the know LOLOLOLOL. They can't even tell us if the vote to not play was 12-2 or 8-6 or if a vote even actually happened. You continue to be so off in the weeds. It doesn't bother me, it makes me laugh my *** off at them over it. Get over it. Now if you'd like to argue this on its merits, please go for it. Why are they canceling football for a virus they are worried about what-ifs that have no supporting evidence, yet the data says is much less dangerous than the flu, CTE, and numerous other things. Why are they canceling football, when all the social activities at school is a much more likely way to get the virus. All the real data says these people are fools. That's the discussion, not whether some secret pentaverate exists in your mind. Not sure why this discussion bothers you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 2897

Clemson just held a full scrimmage a few days ago. 4 players were held out either due to a previous positive test or they were reasonably considered to have had contact with someone who did. The hold-out period is 2 weeks, so that implies only 4 players out of about 100 either tested positive or were around someone who did in the last 2 weeks. The show goes on.

GT_EE78

Banned
I call bullsh*t if we can't do better than that we need to stop playing football. I have to believe we have better players than those teams
I think we do have better players than most of those for THIS year, but we haven't proven that on the field yet. It's probably a fair assessment of team performance at the end of last season. Preseason rankings aren't worth much- just fun to read.

Deleted member 2897

GT using smart phone proximity app to alert and contract trace...because that is so GT.

Also, and Dr. Birx said this too but you'll read it in that news release - COVID is so impotent a virus against this age demographic that the largest challenge schools have is asymptomatic spread - the virus can spread around and most of the people don't even get sick from it and don't even know they have it...so they don't know they have it and spread it to more people. But then there is staff, administration, your family, and others down the line that you interact with who are not so lucky.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
20k fans allowed in Tuscaloosa. Good for them being progressive and moving forward.

There's a way to stagger aisles and sections where people are keeping a safe distance...especially if you combine face mask.

We're at GT, I'm sure someone can model a BDS seating chart.

Now the question is whether it would be financially gainful for GT to do that considering the amount of staff needed to have BDS functioning. Maybe no open concessions and allow each fan one personal sized cooler, and a bigger one for families. That way at least you wouldn't need concession staff, and it limits contact with other fans that would normally come into contact with each other waiting on concessions.

Fans can be done if you plan for them.

Milwaukee

Banned
There's a way to stagger aisles and sections where people are keeping a safe distance...especially if you combine face mask.

We're at GT, I'm sure someone can model a BDS seating chart.

Now the question is whether it would be financially gainful for GT to do that considering the amount of staff needed to have BDS functioning. Maybe no open concessions and allow each fan one personal sized cooler, and a bigger one for families. That way at least you wouldn't need concession staff, and it limits contact with other fans.

Fans can be done if you plan for them.

Yup. I can jump on a Delta flight tomorrow but I can’t go see a game at SunTrust or MillerPark. We’ve gone full.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I can’t understand why so many of you can’t get past last year? Yes, we ranked terribly at the end, but how did we get there? Setting aside a new staff and new system, our best defensive player died before the season. He was the only player on pre-season ACC lists and filled our weakest position group. Losing him, not only hurt on the mental side, but football wise we had no one to come close to filling his shoes. Then we lost our next best lineman (Lee) in game 3. And we were down to our 3rd string QB by game 4. To put that on Collins is just comical and to worry about our ranking is meaningless. The conspiracy side of me thinks Collins had no worries about losing those games because it made his recruiting pitch easier to sell playing time. To me there is no difference going 6-6 or 3-8. Neither are where I want GT football to be. Heck, we went 3-8 in 2015 yet beat a top team. And we all know we were decimated by injuries that year. Looking into the future, Collins is putting the pieces together with players that other top 20 teams wanted. We are still a few recruiting cycles away from digging out of the talent hole, but he’s doing it one player at a time.

Last year, we had probably had around 4 starters who would start on other top 20 teams (Brown, Mason, Juanyeh, and Tariq). This year we’ll have many more - Mason, Gibbs, Brown, Knight, Juanyeh, Tariq, Thomas, and Swilling. By 2022, we’ll be able to physically match up and have better talent than many of our Coastal rivals. That‘ where Collins is taking us. The days of getting out talented by the VT’s, Duke‘s, UVA’s, Pitt, BC, etc. are over. Now, will we catch Clemson and UGA talent wise? It all depends on if the admin allows us and opens up classroom options. Just give Collins a technical sports management major and watch him spin the crap out of that. We all know he can sell ice to eskimos!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member