Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
How long til the chop block conversations start? TN reps will be working officials all summer.
c3ef0257df4bf13fe97a1111004dd63e.jpg

"Boy for a high school offense, a bunch of teams have a hard time stopping it. I mean do you have any clue how many yards GT would have run for against us this year?

Also, unless our defense VASTLY improves, they will redefine the term "swiss cheese defense" against us next year."

As quoted by one of their more knowledgeable fans. However; we usually don't start out with the offense working like a fine oiled machine. New QB, same defense, mostly the same B and A backs.

Tenn can score. Yeah their defense, like ours, is suspect at times. However; both stepped up in games, here and there. I think we're pretty evenly matched.
All we really need is a DECENT defense, and, for the most part, we finally had one at the end of this season. Let's hope that will continue and that we don't take another step backwards.

Does anyone know yet who the officials will be for the Tenn game? Since the ticket is going to be included as part of Tech's season ticket package, does that mean that Tech will be the home team? If so, for better or worse, ACC officials will be used.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Years ago I referred to this offense as time sensitive. It is my favorite offensive scheme but it is like fine tuning a formula one race car and requires lots of practice runs before it gets to peak performance. Tennessee will have a slight advantage due to Tech not having run its offense under game conditions.

They'll have a new OC, new QB and a new go-to receiver. They may not be firing all pistons either.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
They'll have a new OC, new QB and a new go-to receiver. They may not be firing all pistons either.
Here's the 2017 starters Tennessee will have at skill positions i believe going into the game with GT

QB Jarrett Guarantano Soph

RB John Kelly Junior
RB Carlin Fils-Aime Soph

WR Jauan Jennings Jr
WR Tyler Byrd Soph

TE Eli Wolf Sr

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm ready to play now. However, there is an excruciating off season to go through. My first thought is UT had pointed to the 2016 season since Butch got there. They barely became respectable and would not have been except for Dobbs. I don't see them improving before the first game next year.

GT on the other hand will lose JT but for the most part the rest of the pieces are back. True we take a while to get our offense rolling but we have at least one capable proven QB in MJ and possibly big play guys we can put in. My biggest defensive concern is Lber. I think 51 will be better but I worry about the rest.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I'm ready to play now. However, there is an excruciating off season to go through. My first thought is UT had pointed to the 2016 season since Butch got there. They barely became respectable and would not have been except for Dobbs. I don't see them improving before the first game next year.

GT on the other hand will lose JT but for the most part the rest of the pieces are back. True we take a while to get our offense rolling but we have at least one capable proven QB in MJ and possibly big play guys we can put in. My biggest defensive concern is Lber. I think 51 will be better but I worry about the rest.
I think Tennessee will probably have another run of the mill 8-4 season which could very well cost Butch Jones his job.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Tennessee will probably have another run of the mill 8-4 season which could very well cost Butch Jones his job.
I think that is probably a pretty good bet but sometimes when the expectations aren't as high, and I don't see them being as high as they were this year especially from the media, teams actually play better. I hope that happens beginning with the second game.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I think that is probably a pretty good bet but sometimes when the expectations aren't as high, and I don't see them being as high as they were this year especially from the media, teams actually play better. I hope that happens beginning with the second game.
I think to save Butch's job Tennessee will have to win 9-10 games because a new Athletic Director is coming in who isn't a friend of Butch. I wonder if the reason that the Offensive Coordinator left,who was a friend of Butch,for the same job at Indiana is because he knows what a hot seat Butch is sitting on? There are rumors going around that Butch talked to Purdue about their head football coaching job opening and he was turned down. It makes me believe that he knows he very possibly is a Dead Man Walking.