Tennessee fans already starting to talk about the 2017 GT-Tennessee game

northgajacket

Banned
OMG... I actually read through all 5 pages and as a result now feel that a part of my brain died...
There's so much stupid and ignorance there my brain hurts. There are a smart, level-headed few, then the rest feel like no different than the typical leg humper fans...

That's why I don't read stupidity, I don't need the headache.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I have to say that I think Chubb will be better at the next level. The pros tend to prefer guys who can run through traffic and Michel is not such a back, at least in comparison to NFL talent. Chubb may not be cute, but he's got it where the pros like it. I think, as was said above, that he wasn't eager to come out in a year with so many good RBs available. Better to come back and make a good showing next year.

Whether that works out for him is anybody's guess, of course.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Jordan vs VT is what we will see over and over again next year. We will have a true inside/out attack. When you can successfully attack a defense inside and out with the run, then it's all about play calling and CPJ is a master at that.

Both MJ's and MM's big td runs were more due to poor discipline by the defense that anything else. (and that wasn't Mercer out there, it was a very well coached Bud Foster defense.) Prior to both plays, the D had multiple players in the middle of the field right where we eventually ran the ball. We didn't even block them, they ran themselves out of position chasing ghosts. Having a balanced running attack does that for you.

Another thing it does for you is it sets up play action beautifully. I can't wait for next year!

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah they're for the most part mentally challenged on Volnation;)
We're saying similar stuff here. Message boards tend to bring out that kind of stuff.

My family (half of it) is from East Tennessee and Vols fans by birth. The ones who have watched Georgia Tech think it's exciting football. Looking at UGA, they think that's boring football. That's the opposite of what I see on Volnation.

UT is losing a lot of talent, but they do have an advantage for the first game--they have the VT recording from last year, and a good reason to think they know what we're going to do. For us, Butch is going to be bringing in a bunch of new players, and we're not sure what their strengths are. We'll be watching game film on players who've graduated. Offense and defense could be significantly different. First quarter could be ugly.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
We're saying similar stuff here. Message boards tend to bring out that kind of stuff.

My family (half of it) is from East Tennessee and Vols fans by birth. The ones who have watched Georgia Tech think it's exciting football. Looking at UGA, they think that's boring football. That's the opposite of what I see on Volnation.

UT is losing a lot of talent, but they do have an advantage for the first game--they have the VT recording from last year, and a good reason to think they know what we're going to do. For us, Butch is going to be bringing in a bunch of new players, and we're not sure what their strengths are. We'll be watching game film on players who've graduated. Offense and defense could be significantly different. First quarter could be ugly.
In the first game of the year, I'd much prefer veterans, regardless of film.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I have to say that I think Chubb will be better at the next level. The pros tend to prefer guys who can run through traffic and Michel is not such a back, at least in comparison to NFL talent. Chubb may not be cute, but he's got it where the pros like it. I think, as was said above, that he wasn't eager to come out in a year with so many good RBs available. Better to come back and make a good showing next year.

Whether that works out for him is anybody's guess, of course.
I think Chubb projects to have a pro career similar to Trent Richardson, without the part where he was a top 5 draft pick.

Jmonty71

Banned
"Boy for a high school offense, a bunch of teams have a hard time stopping it. I mean do you have any clue how many yards GT would have run for against us this year?

Also, unless our defense VASTLY improves, they will redefine the term "swiss cheese defense" against us next year."

As quoted by one of their more knowledgeable fans. However; we usually don't start out with the offense working like a fine oiled machine. New QB, same defense, mostly the same B and A backs.

Tenn can score. Yeah their defense, like ours, is suspect at times. However; both stepped up in games, here and there. I think we're pretty evenly matched.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in TN (I am from Atlanta, so don't judge). I barely wished one of my coworkers happy new year this morning before they started in on our "chippy bowl game" due to our "chop blocking" and how "nobody in the sec does that or runs that offense". After stating"maybe you should run this offense - we are 3-0 against the sec" I proceeded to explain how every team cut-blocks and that cut blocks and chop blocks aren't the same thing. I'm legitimately not going to be able to take 9 months of this. Thank God I have a door to my office that I can close....

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I live in TN (I am from Atlanta, so don't judge). I barely wished one of my coworkers happy new year this morning before they started in on our "chippy bowl game" due to our "chop blocking" and how "nobody in the sec does that or runs that offense". After stating"maybe you should run this offense - we are 3-0 against the sec" I proceeded to explain how every team cut-blocks and that cut blocks and chop blocks aren't the same thing. I'm legitimately not going to be able to take 9 months of this. Thank God I have a door to my office that I can close....

Your co worker must live on the volnation message boards :ROFLMAO:

northgajacket

Banned

It amazes me how nobody actually pays attention to games and sees that cut-blocks happen in every game and instead just listen to the talking heads talk about Tech's cut-blocks like it is unique to them.

Also you should of said, " Maybe Tennessee should run Tech's offense, at least they could beat Vandy, unlike Tennessee."

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
It amazes me how nobody actually pays attention to games and sees that cut-blocks happen in every game and instead just listen to the talking heads talk about Tech's cut-blocks like it is unique to them.

Also you should of said, " Maybe Tennessee should run Tech's offense, at least they could beat Vandy, unlike Tennessee."
The VAST majority of people watching football only follow the ball and have very little understanding of what is going on outside of run ball throw ball.

It wasn't until CPJ was hired here that I truly started trying to understand the basics of whats going on i the play rather than just watching the ball and saying sweeping statements like I knew everything that was happening.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Add to that that we tend to start pretty slow on offense at the beginning of the year and it's going to be difficult.
Years ago I referred to this offense as time sensitive. It is my favorite offensive scheme but it is like fine tuning a formula one race car and requires lots of practice runs before it gets to peak performance. Tennessee will have a slight advantage due to Tech not having run its offense under game conditions.